Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 421728 times)

MrMadison

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #625: November 22, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »

I'm a refugee of sorts from another board that, frankly, got way too vulgar and sophomoric to be enjoyable. I want to talk about baseball in general and the Nats in particular, not re-enact Animal House when the wife isn't looking.

came from BPG, eh?  :icon_mrgreen:

hisownfool

« Reply #626: November 22, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Also, like "Lets Go Tech" I have been a Mets fan almost all my life, except I actually remember the 1962 team, Ron Hunt, Ed Charles, and all the mediocrities that Lindsay Nelson, Bob Murphy and Ralph Kiner described. IOW, I'm old.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #627: November 22, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
Also, like "Lets Go Tech" I have been a Mets fan almost all my life, except I actually remember the 1962 team, Ron Hunt, Ed Charles, and all the mediocrities that Lindsay Nelson, Bob Murphy and Ralph Kiner described. IOW, I'm old.

So did you convert to the Nats by dumping the Mets or are you still a Mets fan or perhaps a fan of both (although that would be tough)?

came from BPG, eh?  :icon_mrgreen:

Hey what happened with that anyway? I remember when there was talk that a lot of members from that site were going to migrate over here and carve out their own niche.

hisownfool

« Reply #628: November 22, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
I'm still kind of a fan of both although when the Nats play the Mets I cheer for the Nats.

Hey what happened with that anyway? I remember when there was talk that a lot of members from that site were going to migrate over here and carve out their own niche.

Dear Lord, I hope not. "Niche" is not a word that I would apply to some of the folks over there: "invasive species" is a more apt ecological metaphor. Forgive the rant but you would be discussing what to do about, say, Nick Johnson, and someone would post a suggestive JPG; that would be followed by a few double entendres and some insults and the thread would completely hijacked and the native species would flee the fouled waters.

End of rant.

« Reply #629: November 22, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
"invasive species" is a more apt ecological metaphor.

Sounds like a bunch of Phillies fans.....

Welcome to the WNFF.

MrMadison

« Reply #630: November 22, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »

So did you convert to the Nats by dumping the Mets or are you still a Mets fan or perhaps a fan of both (although that would be tough)?

their board was saved, so they decided to stay there.

MrMadison

« Reply #631: November 22, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

Dear Lord, I hope not. "Niche" is not a word that I would apply to some of the folks over there: "invasive species" is a more apt ecological metaphor. Forgive the rant but you would be discussing what to do about, say, Nick Johnson, and someone would post a suggestive JPG; that would be followed by a few double entendres and some insults and the thread would completely hijacked and the native species would flee the fouled waters.

End of rant.

nice to see you made it over to this side, fool. I left BPG a while ago, and had my account there deleted.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #632: November 22, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »
their board was saved, so they decided to stay there.

I did not know that.

nice to see you made it over to this side, fool. I left BPG a while ago, and had my account there deleted.

Was it that bad?

Forgive the rant but you would be discussing what to do about, say, Nick Johnson, and someone would post a suggestive JPG; that would be followed by a few double entendres and some insults and the thread would completely hijacked and the native species would flee the fouled waters.

We have a little fun here too from time to time.  :lol:

MrMadison

« Reply #633: November 22, 2008, 07:35:51 PM »

Was it that bad?

not really. but I just got fed up with the ridiculous clique-ishness there.  every thread there turned into 1 person having the nerve to disagree with one of the "old guard"  who "was there since *insert a year that is a long-ass time ago*" and then everyone else on the forum ganging up on them to protect "their guys" no matter how ridiculous "their guy's" muleheaded opinion was.

oh, and the ear-plugging, "I-can't-hear-you" rose-colored glasses routine that is popular over there. or at least was, last time I was there. nothing's wrong, everything is perfect when it comes to the Nationals, the team never does a single thing wrong and if you think so you aren't a real fan so gtfo, *insert picture of fireworks here*. meh. oh, and the constant bashing of one specific poster because back in 2003 before the Nats came here, he was a supporter of the Expos moving to Northern Virginia instead of inside the District.  6 years later and they still can't get the f*ck over it.

after 3 years there, I just got tired of the same old crap, and since I was already posting here and this forum is much better anyway, I quietly left and asked the mods to delete my account. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #634: November 22, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »
nice to see you made it over to this side, fool.

Thanks Mr. T. Be good to your momma :lol:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #635: November 24, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »
Forgive the rant but you would be discussing what to do about, say, Nick Johnson, and someone would post a suggestive JPG; that would be followed by a few double entendres and some insults and the thread would completely hijacked and the native species would flee the fouled waters.

Uh-oh.  In the words of Slim Shady, "I think we're gonna have a problem here....."

hisownfool

« Reply #636: November 24, 2008, 07:07:06 PM »
Uh-oh.  In the words of Slim Shady, "I think we're gonna have a problem here....."

Y'all act like you never seen a white person before.  ;) Seriously, I like good-natured ribbing and even the clever put down. The stuff my fellow Giants fan Mr. Madison and I are talking about went way beyond that.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #637: December 03, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »
Y'all act like you never seen a white person before.  ;) Seriously, I like good-natured ribbing and even the clever put down. The stuff my fellow Giants fan Mr. Madison and I are talking about went way beyond that.

I know.  I was commenting on the "post hijacking."  Unfortunately, that happens around here sometimes, too.  As well as the suggestive JPG's.

"My 14 minutes are up so I got one more!"

Offline HTT

« Reply #638: December 27, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »
Hello everyone!  I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to come out of the shadows.  Been in DC since 2002 and got caught up with the new baseball team for DC.  A longtime Mets fan prior, though I still root for them except when they are playing the Nats. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #639: December 28, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »
Hello everyone!  I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to come out of the shadows.  Been in DC since 2002 and got caught up with the new baseball team for DC.  A longtime Mets fan prior, though I still root for them except when they are playing the Nats. 

Welcome to the board!  Glad to see you converted, you'll be happier for it.

Though, I must confess, living in the New York/Boston market areas, i prefer watching the Mets to any of the other local teams.  Can't stomach the Yankees or Red Sox (or the American League in general).  Plus, with the Mets in my local market, I can watch the Nats 19 times per year!

How "longtime" are you?  Do you remember Hank Webb?

Offline HTT

« Reply #640: December 30, 2008, 09:37:39 PM »
I started following the Mets in late '73; a real good time to start.  Hank Webb sounds familiar, was he a sidearmer or something like that?  I remember George Theodore, Rich Puig and Mickey Lolich (unfortunately). 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #641: December 30, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »
Hank Webb is the losing pitcher of record for the longest game in the history of the National League and he also happens to be my boss's brother.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #642: December 31, 2008, 10:15:20 AM »
I started following the Mets in late '73; a real good time to start.  Hank Webb sounds familiar, was he a sidearmer or something like that?  I remember George Theodore, Rich Puig and Mickey Lolich (unfortunately). 

I still have my Tommie Agee glove.

« Reply #643: December 31, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
Only diehard Mets fans will remember the legendary Joe Vitko.

captainrockout

« Reply #644: February 10, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »
So pumped to have joined!  Go NATS!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #645: February 10, 2009, 01:27:58 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Pull up a "chair" and make yourself at home (make sure the chair has a seat belt because it might get bumpy from time to time   :lol:).

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #646: February 10, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
Welcome!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #647: February 10, 2009, 03:05:36 PM »
Glad to meet ya!

« Reply #648: February 10, 2009, 03:14:19 PM »

Thank God. We need someone to rock out around here.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #649: February 10, 2009, 11:31:48 PM »
Hello, forum.