Author Topic: How does this video make you feel?  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: How does this video make you feel?
« Reply #75: October 15, 2012, 10:18:09 PM »
This has been an evolving thing all season. To me it's great, because it's organic and started from the fans themselves instead of the PR Department.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #76: October 15, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »
Try an English soccer game sometime...there are freaking 30-60,000 people singing all kinds of crazy crap.  West Ham's "Bubbles" and Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" are probably the best.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #77: October 15, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
Try an English soccer game sometime...there are freaking 30-60,000 people singing all kinds of crazy crap.  West Ham's "Bubbles" and Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" are probably the best.

You'll Never Walk Alone always sounds like it's being sung by drunk people. Just the nature of a huge crowd singing it, as they slur the words. But they are pretty epic, but I have no clue how you would build a tradition like that in American sports.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #78: October 15, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
The Aha Sing a Long is great - totally organic

Love it - and it was particularly awesome in the playoffs

Which is why it is 1000% better than when they brought Sweet Caroline here. Sweet Caroline was not our song - it's the Red Sox thing.

Michael Morse chose that 80s song for whatever reason and people started singing along, without some goofiness from Clint or Terrance, that's what makes it good. And then, when you fill the Park, and people sing along and as the song ends, Morse smokes one up the middle, that's some awesomeness right there.

• babble on
« Reply #79: October 15, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »
Well, they probably are drunk, but they also have scouser accents that can only be regarded as English in the very loosest sense. 

Canucks fans doing a capella O Canada is pretty rousing.  The SSB before the 2009 US/Costa Rica World Cup qualifier at RFK was beyond thunderous. 

You'll Never Walk Alone always sounds like it's being sung by drunk people. Just the nature of a huge crowd singing it, as they slur the words. But they are pretty epic, but I have no clue how you would build a tradition like that in American sports.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #80: October 16, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
I love when the crowd sings walkup music. I just hate the in between inning stuff... well some of it. Like the pizza toss, the ticket swap, or the shell game. I like when they have trivia, though, since it an be interesting. "Fan" of the game is okay... Seeing the young kids in nats gear is pretty cool. I also like the Military appreciation moment. I hate the president's race and the "wave your hat" stuff.

I loved when Guzman walked up to "All We Do is Win" by DJ Khaled. Everyone in the stadium sang that song too.

• babble on
« Reply #81: October 16, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »
Some of those kids are in dire need of high-dose ritalin
I love when the crowd sings walkup music. I just hate the in between inning stuff... well some of it. Like the pizza toss, the ticket swap, or the shell game. I like when they have trivia, though, since it an be interesting. "Fan" of the game is okay... Seeing the young kids in nats gear is pretty cool. I also like the Military appreciation moment. I hate the president's race and the "wave your hat" stuff.

I loved when Guzman walked up to "All We Do is Win" by DJ Khaled. Everyone in the stadium sang that song too.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #82: October 16, 2012, 09:41:26 AM »
Some of those kids are in dire need of high-dose ritalin

Ritalin is the new opium of the people (children - particularly little boys).

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #83: October 16, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
Ritalin is the new opium of the people (children - particularly little boys).

I don't know. I like it.  :shrug:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #84: October 16, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
I don't know. I like it.  :shrug:

:lmao:

I was speaking more to the societal aspect of it.    They tried to drug my son when he was in the 3rd grade.   I did some research and was stunned at some of the things I saw   ....  % of boys;  who recommended the tests, etc.     I personally had other preferred stimulants.   :P

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #85: October 16, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
guys come on, the shark thing and take on me is stupid.  No fun allowed.  We can't have the whole stadium singing along and having a good time at a ballgame.
Exactly. I mean, why the hell would we want people to get excited when a pinch hitter comes up to bat? Or makes a big play in outfield? Spider is onto something here.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #86: October 16, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
So we're in agreement! Take away the sound from Take On Me and I'm cool with it.
So, basically you want them to take away walkup songs? Or for Morse to change it up and go to something else just so people can't sing along with it?

Makes sense.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #87: October 16, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »
So, basically you want them to take away walkup songs? Or for Morse to change it up and go to something else just so people can sing along with it?

Makes sense.

Sounds like it. Come on grumpy Spider!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #88: October 16, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »
I really hope Spider never goes to a college football or basketball game. Fans are goofy and have a great time.

Heck, I take that back. Spider, come to a Razorback game. I think you'd actually have a fatal aneurysm when 70,000+ fans stood up and called the Hogs. It makes "Take On Me" and the Bernadina thing look relatively sane in comparison.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #89: October 16, 2012, 12:22:13 PM »
I hope they don't make that call after a Hogs TD. He might be waiting a while.

:stir:

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #90: October 16, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »
:lmao:

I was speaking more to the societal aspect of it.    They tried to drug my son when he was in the 3rd grade.   I did some research and was stunned at some of the things I saw   ....  % of boys;  who recommended the tests, etc.     I personally had other preferred stimulants.   :P

Oh, I think they overprescribe the hell out of it. No offense to your son, but I think sometimes people use it as a substitute for making their kids behave.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #91: October 16, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »
I hope they don't make that call after a Hogs TD. He might be waiting a while.

:stir:

LOL

That's not nice!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #92: October 16, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »
Oh, I think they overprescribe the hell out of it. No offense to your son, but I think sometimes people use it as a substitute for making their kids behave.

No offense taken  ...  I absolutely agree.    I believe there is a lot of over diagnosing/over prescribing goin' on all over the place.   That's where the money is.    I also agree on the behavior thing.     I don't think it's always parental though.   There were extraordinary numbers of boys being recommended being tested by female elementary school teachers ...   as was my son's case.    I sat with her and the principal and asked if it could be a lack of control in the classroom.     I simply got the impression that his teacher felt all students should sit there with their legs crossed and nodding.   After I was brought into the "process", I had a "discussion" with my son.     The problem ended.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #93: October 16, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
What to do with Take on Me if Morse is traded?

Offline Hogie

« Reply #94: October 16, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »
That video pains me so much to watch. I absolutely love stuff like that and it literally hurts my heart to think that we'll have to wait a full year before we even have the chance to do that again at night in a playoff game.

In fact, I was thinking yesterday that, assuming he's here and still playing that song, I will target Friday night games next year specifically for the large crowd nighttime take on me experience. I know it won't be the same as that video but I love that so much and I hope they're playing it for the next 50 years at Nats Park.

Now I'm going to go cry.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #95: October 16, 2012, 01:32:46 PM »
That video pains me so much to watch. I absolutely love stuff like that and it literally hurts my heart to think that we'll have to wait a full year before we even have the chance to do that again at night in a playoff game.

In fact, I was thinking yesterday that, assuming he's here and still playing that song, that I will target Friday night games next year specifically for the large crowd nighttime take on me experience. I know it won't be the same as that video but I love that so much and I hope they're playing it for the next 50 years at Nats Park.

Now I'm going to go cry.

We had a lot of fun this year, didn't we ...

It's ok to cry

Offline mitlen

« Reply #96: October 16, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »

As long as Werth and Zeppelin stay, I'm good.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #97: October 16, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

He can take it with him.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #98: October 16, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
It goes. The fanbase is creative. Something else organic will come along.

Really, the best part of Take on Me was last year when you could year this ethereal half-sound of ten thousand people barely singing in a quiet voice that you had to listen to...

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #99: October 16, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
No offense taken  ...  I absolutely agree.    I believe there is a lot of over diagnosing/over prescribing goin' on all over the place.   That's where the money is.    I also agree on the behavior thing.     I don't think it's always parental though.   There were extraordinary numbers of boys being recommended being tested by female elementary school teachers ...   as was my son's case.    I sat with her and the principal and asked if it could be a lack of control in the classroom.     I simply got the impression that his teacher felt all students should sit there with their legs crossed and nodding.   After I was brought into the "process", I had a "discussion" with my son.     The problem ended.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I do want to say that I think your case is much more the norm than it being a parental issue.