Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168819 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #400: May 23, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Well Wrestlemania is a week after the supposed new release date. Also, The Rock has Fast Six coming out in May of next year too.

true.

all the initial reports were really positive about the movie too.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #401: May 24, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
They missed a golden opportunity to call it Sex Fast Sex Furious...  or something like that.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #402: May 24, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »
They missed a golden opportunity to call it Sex Fast Sex Furious...  or something like that.

Maybe that title's already been used ;)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #403: May 28, 2012, 03:20:08 AM »

Fast Sex.

:rofl:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #404: May 28, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
Adam Sandler's last awesome movie, in my opinion, was Big Daddy...in 1999. 13 years of (mostly) duds! I enjoyed a few along the way (I actually didn't mind 50 First Dates, for example), but man, his peak really came in 1996-1999.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #405: May 29, 2012, 12:06:43 AM »
Watched Rango with my best friend, two bottles of malbec, and a tub of gelato. That was a 5-star night.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #406: May 29, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
MIB3 was decent, better than I thought it would be though Will Smith is cheesy. 6/10

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #407: May 29, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
Will Smith has been a joke since his stellar performance in "Six Degrees of Separation". 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #408: June 07, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »

Role was written for Will Smith... but Foxx took his place when Smith turned it down. Would have loved to have seen Smith play the part.

Still, looks good.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #409: June 11, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
Prometheus was pretty freaking awesome, especially if you are an Alien fan

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #410: June 11, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »
The Matrix was written for Will Smith too, and he turned it down.  Said he felt like he wasnt right for the role.

Eh whatever. Lemme know when Bad Boys 3 is filming

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #411: June 11, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
The Matrix was written for Will Smith too, and he turned it down.  Said he felt like he wasnt right for the role.

I'm actually glad he didn't. Keanu Reeves, while dull, was a good Neo.

Eh whatever. Lemme know when Bad Boys 3 is filming

For real. Get on that crap Bay.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #412: June 11, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »

Role was written for Will Smith... but Foxx took his place when Smith turned it down. Would have loved to have seen Smith play the part.

Still, looks good.

looks awesome.  how about that cast.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #413: June 11, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »
Y'all ready for this?

So creepy.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #414: June 11, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »

Still, looks good.

Looks like something good out of Quentin Tarantino. He's been in a bit of a lull, hasn't he?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #415: June 12, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »
Looks like something good out of Quentin Tarantino. He's been in a bit of a lull, hasn't he?

Basterds was amazing

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #416: June 12, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »
Basterds was amazing

yup.

Waltz was so freaking good in that, I'm sure he'll be just as awesome in this one.  :az:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #417: June 12, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
The Mrs. and I watched Act of Valor Saturday night. Wow, I loved it. No one will confuse the acting with Oscar nominations, but the action... wow... just wow. I stated to my wife that I thought maybe the movie was a bit of an advertisement of some of our military might so-to-speak to which she replied: "Advertisement? Seems more like a warning to me..." :lol: If you haven't seen it,  you should, it's just frickin' awesome.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #418: June 12, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
The Mrs. and I watched Act of Valor Saturday night. Wow, I loved it. No one will confuse the acting with Oscar nominations, but the action... wow... just wow. I stated to my wife that I thought maybe the movie was a bit of an advertisement of some of our military might so-to-speak to which she replied: "Advertisement? Seems more like a warning to me..." :lol: If you haven't seen it,  you should, it's just frickin' awesome.
Wasnt it meqnt to be sort of an ad? Anyway I've heard it was awesome too. I want to check it out.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #419: June 12, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
Journey 2 may be the worst movie ever made.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #420: June 12, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
Journey 2 may be the worst movie ever made.

Never saw it, know next to zero about it because of the zero advertising campaign. But when it came out, it came out with zero fanfare and advertising. I don't get how Johnson's career fell the way it did. He should be the action star of the decade, and I say that honestly and as someone who hates fake wrestling. But the guy has an innate charisma few have, is likable, a decent actor, and awesome in zero plot line action flicks. It seems Tooth Fairy and going the Disney kid friendly route for a while destroyed his career in film. Aside from FF, where he's just one of many, he doesn't have much going. And it's a shame. For times when I want to sit back and watch a dude kill people and crap blow up, the Rock has my dollar.

Jason Statham is the same boat, basically. Should have blown up as one of the big action stars, but his career kind of stalled out, and is in declin right now. For the past five years, Statham, Johnson and Vin Diesel should have been the huge action film stars. And all three are sinking in murky waters. Meanwhile, we've got Shia LaBouffy and Taylor freaking Loutner starring in action films. Something is wrong with the world. Where have the Ahnolds, Seagals, Van Dammes of my childhood gone, starring in godawful action movies with zero plot, but you loved because they were charismatic, awesome and shooting and blowing crap up, and a good way to waste 80 minutes.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #421: June 12, 2012, 04:57:28 PM »
Never saw it, know next to zero about it because of the zero advertising campaign. But when it came out, it came out with zero fanfare and advertising. I don't get how Johnson's career fell the way it did. He should be the action star of the decade, and I say that honestly and as someone who hates fake wrestling. But the guy has an innate charisma few have, is likable, a decent actor, and awesome in zero plot line action flicks. It seems Tooth Fairy and going the Disney kid friendly route for a while destroyed his career in film. Aside from FF, where he's just one of many, he doesn't have much going. And it's a shame. For times when I want to sit back and watch a dude kill people and crap blow up, the Rock has my dollar.

Jason Statham is the same boat, basically. Should have blown up as one of the big action stars, but his career kind of stalled out, and is in declin right now. For the past five years, Statham, Johnson and Vin Diesel should have been the huge action film stars. And all three are sinking in murky waters. Meanwhile, we've got Shia LaBouffy and Taylor freaking Loutner starring in action films. Something is wrong with the world. Where have the Ahnolds, Seagals, Van Dammes of my childhood gone, starring in godawful action movies with zero plot, but you loved because they were charismatic, awesome and shooting and blowing crap up, and a good way to waste 80 minutes.

Journey 2 was a massive hit.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=journey2.htm

Made over 300 million worldwide and the budget (minus advertising) was only 79 million.

Rock got locked in a bad deal with Disney... but he's been a pretty consistent ticket pusher when his movies come out.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #422: June 12, 2012, 06:13:44 PM »
Journey 2 was a massive hit.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=journey2.htm

Made over 300 million worldwide and the budget (minus advertising) was only 79 million.

Rock got locked in a bad deal with Disney... but he's been a pretty consistent ticket pusher when his movies come out.

Yeah, I thought I remembered I being decent worldwide. Likewise, in the US, it wasn't insane. Although $100 mil... Okay, I guess I was wrong, that is impressive. I thought it did about $30-40. So ignore the Journey 2 ignorance.

That said, I still wish Rock would return to R rated action. It's what he was born for.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #423: June 12, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »
Heck yeah. He's awesome in action movies.

I wish he'd do more comedies. He's a funny guy, as well.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #424: June 13, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »
Prometheus was dope