Author Topic: Strasburg and the 2012 NLDS  (Read 17513 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: The Strasburg Mistake
« Reply #125: October 13, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
I'm not discounting your sentiments.  It's just that many people are posting various quotes that's all.

I don't think criticism of Rizzo is warranted.  How he's gotten us the guys we have is commendable.  We were one strike away.  Rizzo has shown more leadership this season than any GM I know.  The whole Strasburg shutdown, The Cole Hamels fiasco which he got FINED for his comments.  If you're talking getting Prince, I rather have a leader like LaRoche.  Where are the pitchers you think we ought to have?  Greinke?  Oswalt?  Somehow I don't recall seeing them on a post season roster.

As for Strasburg.  When you have surgery, any surgery, there is a rehab plan for your recovery.  The plan for your health and well being is not dictated by circumstances outside your body.  You follow what you have to do regardless of outside circumstances.  Your arm, your leg, your ab6domen doesn't know what's going on!  All those muscles "know" is if you put stress on them too soon, you could make matters worse!  Much worse!  I had knee surgery.  I couldn't get back to work for 4 weeks!  If I was needed, there was no way I could go back to work.  I was in Physical Therapy for about a year.  That's what it takes.  You don't overstress your muscles and joints before they are ready.  That's the plan.  If the BEST ELBOW DOCTOR IN THE COUNTRY SAYS SHUT HIM DOWN, YOU SHUT HIM DOWN.

I know all the media types are going to argue this and argue this and argue this.  We are NOT the Washington Strasburgs.  We ARE THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS!

I APPLAUD RIZZO FOR CARING MORE ABOUT HIS PLAYERS AND NOT LETTING CIRCUMSTANCES DICTATE THEIR HEALTH STATUS!