Author Topic: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2  (Read 9844 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2
« Reply #225: July 21, 2010, 12:50:55 AM »
Do we ever get those kind of calls? I can't remember if we've ever had a 9th inning (or extra innings) call that ended a game like that, where we were the beneficiary.  It would stand out in my mind because it would be so ill-gotten.  >:(

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #226: July 21, 2010, 12:51:24 AM »
Desmond has 35 PAs in the 2-hole this year.  I guess it is better to judge on that than on nothing, but 35 PAs hardly mean anything.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #227: July 21, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »
So we finally, finally have the offense light up, but they thought Atilano getting destroyed in AAA was a fluke. Good call there. To come so close to winning after being blown out, to finally have the offense light up. And to imagine if they hadn't made one of the most obviously horrible, atrocious, just plain wrong calls all season... If Chico or even Martis pitched, we scored seven runs, this game was a win. This team finds new ways to hurt every night.

What happened to Crawford in Baltimore? That video should be the Nats fan "anthem." as it's how we feel pretty much every night. And if Morse doesn't get in tomorrow, the night after, and every night after that, I can only hope the same happens to Riggleman. Repeatedly. How can you never use a power hitting RF, a position we have no one to play, who is batting .325, better than anyone on the team? How is such a thing possible?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #228: July 21, 2010, 12:58:19 AM »
Desmond has 35 PAs in the 2-hole this year.  I guess it is better to judge on that than on nothing, but 35 PAs hardly mean anything.
Well they scored 7 runs with that lineup tonight so it wouldn't surprise me if they keep a similar one tomorrow

Offline Coladar

« Reply #229: July 21, 2010, 01:58:56 AM »
I was looking at my nightly roundup of all the games and noticed something worth making one last post for the night. So we're a season high (I believe) 14 games under .500. Worst of all Manny Acta's Indians now have the exact same record we do. That's right. Despite our great April, we are now dead even with Manny Acta's team. Ouch. We are the 4th worst team in the NL now, and the 6th worst team in all of baseball. We are currently 9.5 games behind getting the #1 draft pick from the Orioles. As I said, insert video of Crawford's "injury" here.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #230: July 21, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »
Is there any team more anti-climatic than this one? No baserunners after the 6th inning? Pathetic.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #231: July 21, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
I was looking at my nightly roundup of all the games and noticed something worth making one last post for the night. So we're a season high (I believe) 14 games under .500. Worst of all Manny Acta's Indians now have the exact same record we do. That's right. Despite our great April, we are now dead even with Manny Acta's team. Ouch. We are the 4th worst team in the NL now, and the 6th worst team in all of baseball. We are currently 9.5 games behind getting the #1 draft pick from the Orioles. As I said, insert video of Crawford's "injury" here.

....and still significantly improved over last year.
Not saying the loses don't hurt, that I don't WANT this team to do better, just saying that kind of change doesn't happen over night.
Glad to see the offense woke up. Glad I went to bed before the rain delay ended.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #232: July 21, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
post-game talk moved to the clubhouse - http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,19339.0.html