Author Topic: Ryan Church speaks out in his defense  (Read 6009 times)

Ryan Church speaks out in his defense
« Reply #25: December 24, 2006, 08:58:14 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
If it is truly legit, I believe him and agree with him.  No other Nats player has gotten as much crap from media and fans than Church and unfairly too.  It sickens me that a rent-a-player who walks out on his team, lies, and jumps ship as soon as he can like ($0)rian0 can get such a strong following from Nat fans but yet Church can't catch a break.

People need to drop that religious BS.  It was taken out of context by some hack journalist to begin with and he has every right to ask a question he might really not know the answer to.  Not everyone is a bible thumper.

Get out there and do your stuff, Church.  Go for it and shove it in the critics faces.

When Church goes 40-40-40, I'll like him, until then never use Soriano and Church in the same sentence again, unless we are talking about players the nats should've traded at last years deadline.

Wrong.  I have every dam*ed right to mention and compare ($0)rian0 and Church.  While they certainly have a different level of play, one cannot deny who has more loyalty to his team than to himself or the all mighty dollar.

($0)rian0 was rent-a-player scum and trash and I never relented my thoughts about how he would jump ship as soon as he can and his "I love DC' was blow.  His Majesty used DC, sucked up the PR, made himself look good, and then booted us to the curb when he didn't need us anymore.

Church?  Runs into a wall catching a ball, gets accused of being some religious bigot, constantly smeared by certain fans and media, Ladsen has had a hard on going after Church, falls ill with the flu for several weeks, gets injured, gets crapped on by FR, gets crap for not going to play Mexican Ball, and he is STILL HERE.  I am amazed he hasn't outright asked for trade already.  Church not a team player?  Not a Nat?  

Church has been and is way more a Nat than Chicago-loving hyena boy could've pretended to be.

Solid points, but I'd take one year of Sorianos money loving 40-40-40 over Churchs nagging and complaining any day of the week.

He has spoken out once against his critics and considering the amount of unwarranted crap they give him, he is allowed to.

($0)rian0's 40-40-40 did nothing for us.  It was completely worthless to us.

lol why are we always getting into arguements NotL? Take Soriano out of the lineup and put Church there, and you'll see just how "worthless" Soriano was  :roll:

Again, I'm a fan of Church's potential. So please don't turn me into Church hater no. 1 because I am not.

:lol: Do we really get into arguments all that much?  Well, damn.

He was completely worthless.  What did it get us?  What did him going 40-40-40 give the team?  Last place in the NL East?  Oh sure, it was glitz and glam but when you look at it and where the Nats finished and what they accomplished in 06', you find it amounted to nothing.  Nothing of value to the team.  Plenty of value to the Cubs newly acquired piece of human excrement himself, but to the Washington Nationals, nothing.

I know your not a Church basher.  Don't worry.