Author Topic: Main reason why we lost today's game  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Vladman1327

Main reason why we lost today's game
« Topic Start: July 28, 2005, 03:54:59 PM »
1.) Ryan Drese has problems with throwing strikes.  He started nibbling on batters and throwing balls.  You can't win games when you start each batter off on a 3-0 count.

Also, I saw a lot of blown calls by the umpire (Gerry Davis?).  There were a lot of pitches on the corner that should have been strikes.

2.) Wilky is the most unclutch person in all of sports.  He came up with the trying run on third base and 2 outs and can't get a measley hit.

However, in better news, Mr. Vidro had a great game today.

Edit:  I also think Frank should make better lineups.  Actually, Rodriguez should.  Whoever does it.  Guzman should sit on the bench for another week, because Carroll seams to be playing a whole lot better than him (though, right now I'd take Sunny Kim starting at short stop over Guzman).  Also, Carroll hustles on every play.  It wasn't very close, but Carroll wasn't far to first base after Laroche robbed him of the double in the 9th.

Offline Ray D

Re: Main reason why we lost today's game
« Reply #1: July 28, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »
Quote from: "Vladman1327"
(though, right now I'd take Sunny Kim starting at short stop over Guzman).

Livan Hernandez would be more productive at shortstop than Guzman.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2: July 29, 2005, 11:35:06 AM »
i like carroll, i would rather have a hard working SS who hustles and tries to make plays. Guzman to me seems lazy. anyone remember that play against the astros, where guzman waited before throwing?

dumb play, almost allowed a base hit. he just got the ball and waited. carroll isnt a gold-glover, but at least he tries. id rather watch that.

also, carroll can do the fundamentals of bunting and moving the runners over very well. he is a smart player who hustles on the basepaths and knows where the ball is at all times.

hillnat

« Reply #3: July 29, 2005, 01:42:36 PM »
Agreed. I cant believe they are still playing this bum. I was all for being patient until the all-star break but enough is enough.