Author Topic: Alex Meyer for Denard Span. Arrr! The White Whale be ours! *stamps peg leg*  (Read 11767 times)

Offline Ray D

I like how his tweet was that it makes you think and wonder. Yeah, it makes you wonder how people can be so stupid.

Is it possible that that's what he meant, that it makes you wonder how people can be so stupid?  Since he didn't elaborate (as far as I can see) you can't really rule out that that's what he meant.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Span is gonna be a solid addition for us ...

In the end, we agree.   :)

Offline madj55

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Is it possible that that's what he meant, that it makes you wonder how people can be so stupid?  Since he didn't elaborate (as far as I can see) you can't really rule out that that's what he meant.

Yes (not that I would bet on it, but he could have meant any number of things.)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Yes (not that I would bet on it, but he could have meant any number of things.)

I watched part of the video and I don't believe it's a conspiracy or anything, but it is one of those things that makes you think. Coincedence? Sure, weird? Yup. True? Not so much. But hey, who knows. Wonder if that guy has considered searching for squatchs?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
I watched part of the video and I don't believe it's a conspiracy or anything, but it is one of those things that makes you think. Coincedence? Sure, weird? Yup. True? Not so much. But hey, who knows. Wonder if that guy has considered searching for squatchs?

Does no one check stuff out on Snopes. com before they post??
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
What's Snopes?

Hey, you guys wanna see an amazing picture of a great white shark attacking a helicopter?!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
What's Snopes?

Hey, you guys wanna see an amazing picture of a great white shark attacking a helicopter?!
Nah, just a dinosaur decifering a book of magic spells.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Snopes knocks down the chain emails and conspiracy theories that often get spread around.

Chief had his tongue firmly planted in cheek, as evidenced by his "shark attacking a helicopter" question.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Chief had his tongue firmly planted in cheek, as evidenced by his "shark attacking a helicopter" question.

Whoops! Didn't catch it haha. Never really looked into that shark photo either.

Offline Ray D

Is there a suggestion that anyone would actually consult Snopes to determine if that photo was real or fake?

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Is there a suggestion that anyone would actually consult Snopes to determine if that photo was real or fake?

backstory says it included something along the lines of 'photo of the year'.

Offline Ray D

backstory says it included something along the lines of 'photo of the year'.

Sure it wasn't "photoshop of the year"?

Online nats2playoffs

What's Snopes?

Nah, just a dinosaur decifering a book of magic spells.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The Chief recognizes the language to be Ancient Doomlish, an obscure language spoken by only the darkest of the dark mages many years ago. Upon further reading, he concludes that it is a pretty basic spell book containing low and moderate level spells that are still common today, however, a few pages are missing...

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=28042.25;msg=1152768

Online nats2playoffs

Denard Span will be a guest on 106.7 FM The Fan's Lavar Arrington Show at 3:30 pm today.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/station/106-7-the-fan/

Offline NJ Ave

Nice profile, but where's the fact checker on the claim that Alex Meyer was our "top prospect"? Don't most top prospect lists agree that Rendon and Goodwin are BOTH above him? Maybe they meant top pitching prospect?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Since determining the potential of prospects is subjective (at best) who needs a "fact" check? 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Nice profile, but where's the fact checker on the claim that Alex Meyer was our "top prospect"? Don't most top prospect lists agree that Rendon and Goodwin are BOTH above him? Maybe they meant top pitching prospect?

yeah, I'm assuming he meant pitching.

Offline Ray D

yeah, I'm assuming he meant pitching.
He was  our  top pitching prospect, not top overall.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
He was clearly "a top prospect" - so, I wouldn't get too would up over fact checking. It's not like he was Cutter Dykstra...

Offline Ray D

It's not like he was Cutter Dykstra...

Yeah but I'd rather be Cutter Dykstra.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

Offline Rick

span is awesome at replying to tweets. He's replied to two of mine. :)