Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 41409 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #25: April 08, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »
It's the one with Dukes.

I'm assuming 2k6 just posted the line-ups from yesterday when he posted this thread.  He usually does.

It looks like Harris is playing second.  That makes me very happy.  To hell with potBelly.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #26: April 08, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »
Which line up is it then?

The lineup 2k6nats posted was yesterdays.  He has said in the past that he will post the previous day's lineup when he posts the thread, since lineups for the current day are not released until about 1-2 hours before first pitch.

2k6 - you should just post TBA under the lineups when you post it to avoid having 10 posts about a lineup we aren't even going to use.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #27: April 08, 2009, 10:02:17 AM »

If it's the one with Dukes in it, prepare for the Fairy Patrol to swarm with their magic pixie dust and KY Jelly.

The one NFA posted is the right one. 2K6 always just posts the last game's lineups when he makes the GD thread.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #28: April 08, 2009, 10:02:37 AM »

If it's the one with Dukes in it, prepare for the Fairy Patrol to swarm with their magic pixie dust and KY Jelly.

It's the one from NJ that Brian posted.  I have no idea what the other one was, just yesterday's lineup I guess.  Really, it's better to post no lineup than to post a guess, since people end up basing discussions on a false premise.

But I'm happy to have Dukes in CF over Milledge.  Really, could he possibly be worse?

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #29: April 08, 2009, 10:04:29 AM »
Caberea changed his # to 45. I hope that switch helps with his on the field performance.
 If we are chasing number changes to help we are in a boat load of trouble.  LOL

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #30: April 08, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
Really, it's better to post no lineup than to post a guess, since people end up basing discussions on a false premise.
I think he should just post no line-up rather than posting anything at all.  Just post the pitching match-up.

Anyway, to a more germane discussion, I vaguely remember Dukes's start at center last year, and he was much better than Milledge, IIRC.

Offline blue911

« Reply #31: April 08, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »
Caberea changed his # to 45. I hope that switch helps with his on the field performance.
 If we are chasing number changes to help we are in a boat load of trouble.  LOL

So why did he ask Collin to change?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #32: April 08, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »
Sure, NJ gets 3 hits, time to bench him :bang:

All other changes are warranted.

Offline blue911

« Reply #33: April 08, 2009, 10:11:17 AM »
I think he should just post no line-up rather than posting anything at all.  Just post the pitching match-up.

Anyway, to a more germane discussion, I vaguely remember Dukes's start at center last year, and he was much better than Milledge, IIRC.

One game? Well at least nobody can question the sample size.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: April 08, 2009, 10:11:35 AM »
Thoughts ...

>Good Milledge needs a day off to try and collect his crap together.  He really needs to figure it out.
>Hopefully Dukes can make contact for the first time in a month. 
>It'd be nice if Zimmerman can actually get a hit too. 
>Guzman is where he should be: leading off.  Don't take him outta there Manny.
>Harris and Nieves  :roll:

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #35: April 08, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
One game? Well at least nobody can question the sample size.
:lol: It was good enough to consider giving him a better look at center rather than staying in this rut with a sub-par CF.
???

You'd rather have Belliard?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #36: April 08, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »

If it keeps him off the DL longer, I'm all for it. He needs the extra days off. It also makes it easier to get other guys PT.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #37: April 08, 2009, 10:14:39 AM »

You don't like Harris?

MrMadison

« Reply #38: April 08, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »
Harlan has a different lineup

Guzman - 6
Dukes - 8
Zimmerman - 5
Dunn - 3
Willingham - 7
Kearns - 9
Harris - 4
Nieves - 2
Cabrera - 1

[Quagmire] Allllriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiight![/Quagmire]

MrMadison

« Reply #39: April 08, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »

NJ is made of glass, as we all know.

he can't play every single game, we gotta protect him somehow, and they haven't made injury-repellant uniforms yet.

MrMadison

« Reply #40: April 08, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »

who would you rather play 2nd Base on a day-Game-after-a-night-game? Milledge? Dunn? any of your other mancrushes?

Hernandez is hurt. Belliard and Harris is what we've got.

« Reply #41: April 08, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »
Hopefully Willie has a good game. He was a surprise bright spot from '08. At least we know Willie will dive for any ball that comes near him, which is in sharp contrast to Belliard who rolls after the ball.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #42: April 08, 2009, 10:27:30 AM »
So why did he ask Collin to change?
I don't know why. Who knows! We need D Cab to be Dr. Jeckel today for sure!  Nats win today... 6-4. Dunn and Willingham go yard , Please.....

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #43: April 08, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
who would you rather play 2nd Base on a day-Game-after-a-night-game? Milledge? Dunn? any of your other mancrushes?

Hernandez is hurt. Belliard and Harris is what we've got.

Nieves is no surprise either.  He or Bard (whoever they keep) will get most of the third game starts, especially when it is a day game preceded by a night game.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #44: April 08, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »
That's a quote from last season.

LOL. O geez. I didn't even see the date prefix and just skimmed the quote quickly. I was so used to seeing Spinman's Balester updates that he was doing better once demoted and was reacting with the general question, which I guess still stands. Yikers. I am going to have to start actually reading these posts thoroughly.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #45: April 08, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »
I just watched some highlights of yesterday's game. Josh Johnson looked damn good.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #46: April 08, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
Love the lineup today. If Dukes is better than Milledge, he should get the starting nod from now on.
I'm really stoked to see Willingham today. Belliard has looked horrible on the field so far, so good to see Wee Willy get a chance.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #47: April 08, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »
NJ is made of glass, as we all know.

he can't play every single game, we gotta protect him somehow, and they haven't made injury-repellant uniforms yet.

Why don't we just play him on the days he doesn't get hurt, and skip the days he would get hurt?

My real point is that his injuries don't appear to be caused by fatigue or being worn down via excess playing time.  Rather, they are flukish in nature, and thus bench time will have only modest and totally random impact on reducing his injury risk.

MrMadison

« Reply #48: April 08, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »
Why don't we just play him on the days he doesn't get hurt, and skip the days he would get hurt?

My real point is that his injuries don't appear to be caused by fatigue or being worn down via excess playing time.  Rather, they are flukish in nature, and thus bench time will have only modest and totally random impact on reducing his injury risk.

my point is that NJ isn't being benched as a punishment. Neither is Flores.

it's just a day off, and nothing to get worked up about. Day game after a night game, I expect NJ and the previous night's catcher to get the day off.

Milledge, is getting benched for non-performance. (hopefully).

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #49: April 08, 2009, 10:40:46 AM »

Yeah, this reminds me of the type of changes we've seen in the past. Frank was a master of this. Put changes out there that the fans want to see, but make other changes to weaken the lineup.

Regardless, I hope this lineup produces, because it is closer to what we should be seeing. I actually think that with practice, Dunn can be fine at 1B. There is a lot less room to cover and most of the time, all he has to do is receive a throw. He's almost best suited for there. Dmitri was just as awful - about as awful I have ever seen someone at 1B back in ST of 2007. But he did ok, and he was actually better at picking balls in the dirt than Nick (NJ's biggest flaw.) If Dunn can work constantly on picking drills, I don't see why he can't do ok there.