Author Topic: Question about Home Opener Tickets.  (Read 999 times)

Offline VaNatsFan

Question about Home Opener Tickets.
« Topic Start: February 26, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »
Hi everybody. I'm Andy, from Fairfax. Pleasure to be here.

I have a question for the boards about buying Opening Day tickets on March 4th. Basically, my question is: do you think I will have better luck getting tickets by going to RFK and standing in line or buying them online that morning?

I lived in Cincinnati for a few years, and Opening Day is a huge event in that city. Opening day tickets are usually sold on a different day from the rest of the season's games, and people will camp out for days ahead of time in line to make sure they get tickets.

I would like to do that, probably getting in line around 7-8am at RFK on the morning of the 4th, but I'm worried that Opening Day tickets may be sold out by the time I get to the head of the line.

Did anyone do this last year? Thoughts on the matter?
Thanks

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: February 26, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »
Choice of seats are very limited on-line, it seems they don't open up all sections.  Plus, one fan on another board who has experience with the on-line ticket system (via Boston), says that the system disintigrates with heavy volume.  I'd go stand in line personnally, or join the fan club and get them that way.

Offline VaNatsFan

« Reply #2: March 01, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »
Thanks. I guess I'll go stand in line. Right now, I gotta get tix for about 10 people. We don't want premium seats though. We usually sit in the 520's or thereabout.  8)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: March 01, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »
They might limit how many you can buy, better check ahead of time.  You might want to two-fold strategy:  Stand in line, but have a co-conspirator(s) going on-line simultaneously to try to get them that way.  First one to buy wins, calls the other guy off.

Just brainstorming a bit.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: March 02, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
They might limit how many you can buy, better check ahead of time.  You might want to two-fold strategy:  Stand in line, but have a co-conspirator(s) going on-line simultaneously to try to get them that way.  First one to buy wins, calls the other guy off.

Just brainstorming a bit.

Or bring a cell phone and call from the line.  My cousin tried to buy playoff tickets for the yankees. he bought 10 but there was a limit of 4.  They didnt deny his order right away.  They appeared to let it go through, then they told him later they cancelled his whole order.  Didnt just knock it down to 4.  I dont know if that was a ticket master policy or what