Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 23197 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #925: June 07, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »
Whenever Rowand is at bat I imagine him naked and doing his weird invisible chair/pelvic thrusting/hip gyrating thing in front of his wife to get her in the mood.

:lmao:

Offline Revere7

• stay positive.
Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #926: June 07, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
I was surprised that Kimball was throwing some pretty awful pitches too.  At one point he threw two in a row that were so high above Pudge's head that he had to leap straight up like a jack-in-the-box to snag them.  This was after all the acrobatic contortions he'd had to do to field H-Rods' wild pitches.  Kimball was the one who walked one of their relief pitchers, yes?  The super-tall guy who'd like never had a hit in any of his MLB at-bats?  my memory of the game is just a blur at this point. But I remember after one of Kimball's crazy pitches Pudge put both hands out in a kind of desperate/angry gesture as if to say "WTF, man!?!  Stop.this.crap!"  FP joked that Pudge would have to take a bath in a tub of ice after the game.

And all the craziness... Matt Stairs got a hit and then Jason Marquis was brought in to pinch-run for him.  Then Desmond got a hit and Marquis rounded to third against all reason and he still managed to get there safely.  Then, even though he's been striking out like a madman, the Giants walked Werth rather than pitch to him, loading up the bases.  And of course we still managed to lose.  It was just one unbelievable "WTF?!?" moment after another for five freaking hours.

And if the home plate ump hadn't been hit by the ball and had to leave the game early, maybe the third base ump would have seen that Pudge's line drive up the third base line landed fair and he wouldn't have called it foul and we might not have lost the game.  It was just maddening.  And now I'm gonna stay up all night tonight and go through this all over again.