Author Topic: The Mets: potential spoilers  (Read 696 times)

luckyexposfan

The Mets: potential spoilers
« Topic Start: September 11, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
Let's face it, if we don't take at least 2 out of 3 from the Mets, our wildcard chances are through.  The Mets have little chance if any (IMO) of making the wildcard, so they will be playing to spoil our chances.  After today's disheartening and totally unnecessary loss to the Braves, I don't think I will be physically able to watch the rest of the season if we don't beat the Mets.

Oh and did I mention today's game should've been a win? :evil:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #1: September 12, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »
I would like to say we need to sweep.  We are 5 games back, not 4.  It says 4, but it is 5 in the loss column.  We need to make up 5 games on the Astros, who thankfully are losing games in which Owalt, Clemens and Pettitte start.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #2: September 12, 2005, 11:36:04 AM »
O, come on, y'all need to relax!! I was able to thoroughly enjoy the Braves series and take away the good from it (Like there is no way in Hell the Braves are getting past the first round with that bullpen and the back-to-back homers that Short and Johnson hit off Smoltz) because at this point, I really dont care whether the Nats make the playoffs or not. I mean, if they do I'll be extatic dont get it twisted now, but it makes a whole lot easier when you're not all tense about the playoffs.