Author Topic: Microsoft thread  (Read 63695 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Microsoft thread
« Reply #825: February 25, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
Maybe I should rephrase that - I'm a bit spoiled and want my games running with high-ultra settings, anti-aliasing cranked up decently, and never dip below 60 FPS.  What kinds of games are you planing on playing, and if they're demanding, are you ok with medium or even a mix of medium and low settings, turned down AA or even AA turned off, and playing at 30+ fps instead of 60+?

You'd be fine playing things on high if you're talking something like Diablo 3 or World of Warcraft, but Arma III or something like that, you'd have to have things turned down a bit.  Something like the upcoming Star Citizen?  Might not even be playable, that thing is supposed to have some seriously demanding requirements :lol:

The GTX 260 is less powerful than my current card - a Radeon HD 5850, and I'm starting to run into issues playing on high settings with acceptable framerates on some titles and looking to upgrade soon to something like a GTX 770 or one of the new Maxwell cards if the GTX 870 comes out soon.  I'd stick to AMD and get an R9 280X if the cryptocurrency miners hadn't put such high demand on them that the price is like $500 now instead of the $300 it used to go for.