Author Topic: Real Talk: what to do with the President's Race next year?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline NatsTheFats

Martin van Buren.

The Van Buren boys!  The crowd can hold up eight fingers in support.

Offline Ziggity

How funny would it be if they added Kennedy.  Except instead of running, his sitting on a convertible. 

I think it would be the same.  Teddy will just not win very often.

Offline Fan037

Let Teddy keep losing and the Nats keep winning.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I have a regular seat-mate who for some time now has been solidly in favour of getting rid of the race altogether.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but it does make rather a nice loo/concessions break time.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
They've had Kennedy out on Half Street a couple of times.  What's that all about?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
How funny would it be if they added Kennedy.  Except instead of running, his sitting on a convertible. 

I think it would be the same.  Teddy will just not win very often.

this is dc, someone is likely to take a shot.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Oh c'mon now - you're all nuts.  Until we have another face on Mt. Rushmore, there will only be 4 racing presidents.  Teddy will continue to lose until the end of each season, when we make the playoffs

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Like I said before: Add JFK and whenever he wins, conffetti explodes from his head.

Offline DPMOmaha

Oh c'mon now - you're all nuts.  Until we have another face on Mt. Rushmore, there will only be 4 racing presidents.  Teddy will continue to lose until the end of each season, when we make the playoffs

You all realize the shtick has shifted, right?  Teddy's not going to lose another race.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Like I said before: Add JFK and whenever he wins, conffetti explodes from his head.

You are one strange, strange person. :smh:

Offline Baseball is Life

They've had Kennedy out on Half Street a couple of times.  What's that all about?

I think I heard that JFK does his thing at one of the minor league parks.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Personally, I'd be thrilled if the whole thing went away along with Clint, Terrance, and that awful "proud to be american" caterwaul.

Offline HalfSmokes

Ditch all the current ones,  reset with Polk,  Harrison (both of them) and  Hayes

Offline Baseball is Life

Personally, I'd be thrilled if the whole thing went away along with Clint, Terrance, and that awful "proud to be american" caterwaul.

Clint can go away. Terrance not so sure. The kids love him. The "proud to be American" thing is way cool. Gets people every time and very nation's capital and all. And how can you not like the Nats giving President's Club ticket to injured veterans.

• babble on
Though the 'Clinton w/ humidor' idea has serious potential  :rofl:

• babble on
Fine, but the song sucks.  Awfully.  It is so bad it is an insult to the people it presumes to honour.
The "proud to be American" thing is way cool. Gets people every time and very nation's capital and all. And how can you not like the Nats giving President's Club ticket to injured veterans.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
I wouldn't mind if the President's race went away, but if it stays, I'd keep the current four for the Rushmore thing and have them all win about the same.   

Offline Bloo

Zachary Taylor would be pretty badass.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I agree about this. I like the event: I hate the song.
Fine, but the song sucks.  Awfully.  It is so bad it is an insult to the people it presumes to honour.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!

Every time I hear that song I throw up in my mouth a little.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

As much as I am 100% behind the fantastic work that Nats do with injured veterans, including Master Sgt Keaton from Wed., Lee Greenwood is the worst music in the history of ever. Stars and Stripes forever, por favor.

Or this

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Nice - also, Grover cleveland, he could never win consecutive races.

So, he could only run in every other race?   :P

Offline BigMeech

Replace it with former Washington National players racing for a one day contract and one final pay day.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Replace it with former Washington National players racing for a one day contract and one final pay day.

A waddle off between Dmitri, Estrada, LeCroy, and maybe Daryle Ward.

Offline NatsDad14

Have someone beat up the 4 presidents, then watch FDR roll up in his wheelchair to assist his brother, Teddy, and allow him to use his wheelchair for the victory.