Author Topic: "This medical staff still stinks" thread (2012)  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Fan037

Starting not to sound good.  Ryan went for the MRI earlier today.  Davey didn't sound optimistic tonight.  E-gads!  Our line-up already is deficient.   :bang: :hang: :pray: :dagger:

Offline nobleisthyname

That kind of injury lingers. Who was the poster that whined about those among the fanbase that always fear the worst when it comes to injuries with this team?

Let's just ignore all the players who came back on time from an injury and just focus on the failures shall we?

Still, I agree that it was strange that they're only now getting an MRI.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
http://districtsportspage.com/washington-nationals-ryan-zimmerman-to-miss-second-game-goes-for-mri/7214

According to multiple reports, Washington Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman will be held out of Tuesday night’s game against the San Diego Padres, the first of a three-game series. Zimmerman sat out Saturday’s game against the Miami Marlins and has not played since Friday night’s 2-0 win over the Marlins.

Zimmerman has been able to throw with his sore right shoulder, but feels discomfort when he hits.

The team — and Zimmerman — has professed to this being “nothing serious”, but he is being sent for an MRI to see if there is any structural damage. He previously had an x-ray on the joint, which according to reports showed no damage. The team is describing his injury as a strain of his Acromiocalvicular (“A/C”) joint, where the clavical meets the scapula in a joint that protects the shoulder capsule. There are three grades of injury to this joint, ranging from strain to sprain to tear, and recovery time varies by degree.

Offline Zim4Life

Quote from: Rob Dibble
Suck it up, kid.

Offline KingHarper

wow. the franchise is cursed

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
Frustrating, but is waiting 4 days for an MRI really that awful?  I can't decide :shrug:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Four days of treatment missed out on.

Offline madj55

this is unfreakingbelievable

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Just a guess - he'll play but have an off power year.

Offline PC

Frustrating, but is waiting 4 days for an MRI really that awful?  I can't decide :shrug:

Well, if he has to go on the DL, they could have called someone up instead of playing with 24 players.

Offline raleighnat

This is ridiculous.  I hope Tyler Moore is getting time in left.  We have to have some pop.  We are living on borrowed time with this offense. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
This is ridiculous.  I hope Tyler Moore is getting time in left.  We have to have some pop.  We are living on borrowed time with this offense. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/24/moore-on-nationals-radar-as-left-field-fill-in/

Offline raleighnat

Bring him up!  I can't watch derosa in the three hole.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
We're starting Mark DeRose and Xavier Nady.

Goodness gracious...

Come back Zimmerman/Morse :(

Offline BerkeleyNat

We're starting Mark DeRose and Xavier Nady.

Goodness gracious...

Come back Zimmerman/Morse :(

If we continue to have guys like that in our lineup on a regular basis, we're going to start being on the losing side of those 1-0 or 2-1 games.  :?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
At this point you almost have to call up Moore to play full-time LF and rotate DeRosa :spaz: and Lombo at 3B.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
"Not real favorable".

I guess RZ returns end of July. No reason to expect sooner. Tyler Moore? Mark Teahen?

I'd be a fan of giving Teahen a shot.  He's a former sandwich pick who I always felt got a raw deal on some crappy teams. 

Offline spit

paging jerry hairston

Offline aussienatsfan

Get Moore up and/ or trade for a bat, the staff is carrying us right now but the offense will kill us at some stage.

Facing teams in interleague play could be ugly

Offline nobleisthyname

Well this stinks. I really hope they call Moore up and give him a chance at major league pitching.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think both Moore and Teahen should be on the 25 man right now. 

Teahen should be playing 3d, and Moore left.  There's little use to having both DeRosa and Lombo on the 25 man.  Teahen could also push Tracy off the roster, since they play the same positions and are LHBs.  I've been very skeptical about Moore's long term prospect status due to his history of poor plate discipline, but if you are going to have him on the 40 man, and you have that pit of despair in left, might as well give the hot hand a shot. As they say, if not now, when?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Should have traded him. He's injury prone. 100+ mil well spent. Could have had Fielder.

Chief, can we trade InsideBoast to some Phillies forum for a PTBNL?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Let's just ignore all the players who came back on time from an injury and just focus on the failures shall we?

Still, I agree that it was strange that they're only now getting an MRI.

i think it's pretty ridiculous that people go nuts every time someone gets hurt.  Players getting hurt is a fact of life in baseball.  Except for Miami, every team in our division is piling up players on the DL right now - Philly (Lee, Howard, Utley), Mets (Bay/Pelfrey), Braves (Hudson).