Author Topic: Gio linked to roids???  (Read 23684 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Gio linked to roids???
« Reply #325: January 30, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
True. I'm also with PB on this.

Just win baby.

I really don't care if he pitches game 7 with a needle sticking out of his ass, but I think if he admits it now,  most people will just call him a liar

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #326: January 30, 2013, 10:42:11 PM »
Yes, ha ha ha...

Again, you're proposing that Gio bought in February but his father bought the rest of the time.

The obvious question, why would Gio buy at all if his father was his go-between?  Also, what about the previous years?  Gio was a slightly better pitcher last year, moving to the NL, than he was in previous seasons.  Did Gio buy then or was he also using his father?  Or is he new to the steroid game?

If he was new to the steroid game, what would have been the point?  He'd already signed his extension so it wasn't money.  Prepping for his next contract,  perhaps?

Also, it's not unreasonable that his father didn't know what the drugs he was using cost.  He's like almost every other American, in that respect.  Try getting an aspirin from a hospital.

I'm not proposing anything about what happened in February, pure speculation based on scribbles. The billing record is the damning evidence, it is completely unreasonable to believe that Gio's Dad was spending that much cash and not knowing exactly what he was buying.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #327: January 30, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »
What did Ryan Braun do when he got caught?

Whoever said being associated with the U of M coach was the worst revelation yet - I agree.  There is a ton of smoke there.

edit - Braun suffered no drop-off, so there is that.

It's like the ol' saying.  WWRBD?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #328: January 30, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »
Whoever said being associated with the U of M coach was the worst revelation yet - I agree. 
*drunkenly raises hand*

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #329: January 31, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
*drunkenly raises hand*

I raised my hand, but got tired and fell over...

Thanks Evan Williams....

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #330: January 31, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
I've got no moral issue against roids, I'd be perfectly fine with winning a World Series with a team of juicers, my only concerns are that they're smart enough to not get caught. Gio's now at (low) risk of a significant suspension and more troubling is the potential drop off in performance now that his source is cut off. 

I'm perfectly fine with a team full of juicers as long as they don't get caught... 

Seriously though.  A lot of players are cheating, but it sucks when a loved player gets caught...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #331: January 31, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »
I've been displeased with the Nats since the pine tar BS. We *knew* the guy was doing it when he played for us, then called him out when he was an opponent. I'm sure that'll get a ton of hate, but its true.

Last night I slept with my tin foil hat on and started thinking about the Peralta incident. Last summer the Nats called out a guy for cheating, seven months later on of our guys gets implicated in a cheating scandal. Sure there were other names on the list, but our guy has the most to lose, a staff ace who has never before been linked to steroids. What ties it together is the Florida connection.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #332: January 31, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #333: January 31, 2013, 08:36:32 AM »
Last night I slept with my tin foil hat on and started thinking about the Peralta incident. Last summer the Nats called out a guy for cheating, seven months later on of our guys gets implicated in a cheating scandal. Sure there were other names on the list, but our guy has the most to lose, a staff ace who has never before been linked to steroids. What ties it together is the Florida connection.

The Florida connection alone does not explain it.  It is the baseball gods again getting back at the Nats.  First it was shutting down Strasburg and then it was calling out a pitcher for pine tar/foreign substance his the glove.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #334: January 31, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »
The picture was done by @ambp77, same guy who did the red grim reaper Natitude one.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #335: January 31, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
The Florida connection alone does not explain it.  It is the baseball gods again getting back at the Nats.  First it was shutting down Strasburg and then it was calling out a pitcher for pine tar/foreign substance his the glove.

The root cause of the Gods anger was tanking those seasons in order to get the #1 picks.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #336: January 31, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
Also, I remember Nyjer Morgan stealing a base late in a game when the Nats were up by more than 5 runs. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #337: January 31, 2013, 09:09:20 AM »
I love the alternating between self-appointed voice of reason and blaming da baseball godz.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #338: January 31, 2013, 09:14:32 AM »
Maybe the guy plays fantasy baseball?

jk

That's funny, because when you look at that one note, it does look like notes taken during something like a fantasy baseball draft. Kind of weird for notes on players buying PEDs to have position, hitting stats, what looks like pojected/actual values etc. Would be funny if something like that got mixed in with the actual prescriptions for him. Would also be hilarious if it was done intentionally to obfuscate information. I am waiting for someone at the clinic to come out with a Jon Lovitz voice saying, "Umm, yeah, that's just my fantasy baseball stuff, yeah that's the ticket."

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #339: January 31, 2013, 09:17:18 AM »
That's funny, because when you look at that one note, it does look like notes taken during something like a fantasy baseball draft. Kind of weird for notes on players buying PEDs to have position, hitting stats, what looks like pojected/actual values etc. Would be funny if something like that got mixed in with the actual prescriptions for him. Would also be hilarious if it was done intentionally to obfuscate information. I am waiting for someone at the clinic to come out with a Jon Lovitz voice saying, "Umm, yeah, that's just my fantasy baseball stuff, yeah that's the ticket."

Telling though that he had Gio's pitching stats as opposed to Max's weight loss numbers.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #340: January 31, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21624558/report-mlb-to-interview-players-connected-to-latest-ped-report

This seems to imply that the original reporting paper might not release the records to the mlb? Why would they not?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #341: January 31, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21624558/report-mlb-to-interview-players-connected-to-latest-ped-report

This seems to imply that the original reporting paper might not release the records to the mlb? Why would they not?

Why would they?    MLB is not an investigative authority.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #342: January 31, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »
Why would they?    MLB is not an investigative authority.
However it would prove the legitimacy of the paper and the article... why make a stink and not follow up?

I know little about how sport doping scandals tend to go down.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #343: January 31, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »
I don't think what has been released is definitive proof of anything.  Without incriminating statements from the doc himself or someone else associated with his 'practice,' I don't see how this would result in any kind of suspension.

The notes on Gio's stats just seem random.  Doesn't make any sense.  I don't think Balco kept track of Bonds' stats in the same place they wrote out his 'supplements' regimin.

It does all point to a very shady relationship, but I don't know if that's enough to suspend him.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #344: January 31, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
However it would prove the legitimacy of the paper and the article... why make a stink and not follow up?

I know little about how sport doping scandals tend to go down.

MLB is a private business -  are papers I the habit of turning over their source material to any business they investigate?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #345: January 31, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
I still don't get the connection to the Miami New Times.  THeir top story on their web site right now is about Dan Marino having a love-child in 2005 with a CBS employee.  Not exactly hard-hitting or ground-breaking journalism.

Also, without seeing the whole notebook, I don't know what to make of Gio's stats written next to a formula for 'pink cream.'  It's just weird.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #346: January 31, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
MLB is a private business -  are papers I the habit of turning over their source material to any business they investigate?
Makes sense. What other than drug tests and interviews does the MLB do during an investigation?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #347: January 31, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »
I keep a personal notebook. Everything is all right next to everything else, there's no order. My weekly budget is currently listed between the date/time of a free movie showing (oh crap I missed it) and a list of food trucks to visit and somebody's recommendation of a good doctor.

I still don't get the connection to the Miami New Times.  THeir top story on their web site right now is about Dan Marino having a love-child in 2005 with a CBS employee.  Not exactly hard-hitting or ground-breaking journalism.

OMG DAN MARINO HAD A LOVE CHILD?!??!?!!!1

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #348: January 31, 2013, 11:14:22 AM »

I hate to be cynical but  ...  it's about the money.    The more we read their site, the more revenue they generate.   Keep it in the public eye as long as possible.     Keep it stinking.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #349: January 31, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
I hate to be cynical but  ...  it's about the money.    The more we read their site, the more revenue they generate.   Keep it in the public eye as long as possible.     Keep it stinking.

the alternative- they turn it over, someone in the MLB offices leaks it to the NYT, and no one bothers checking the Miami news website ever again.