Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 28026 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #100: September 28, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
Why show up, the team certainly didn't.

You can certainly blame the teams play for not having a rabid fan base. But it's the fans that do still show up every game, maybe 4,000 to 5,000, that's what I'm upset about after opening day. This photo Cheryl Nichols took sums up tonight: http://plixi.com/p/47554894

That's simply inexcusable after all the whining "fans" did in regards to opening day. That photo is so freaking infuriating. Hell, I didn't even mind opening day that much. Look back and you'll see I didn't get what everyone was so upset about. You had half Nats fans and half Philly fans. We drowned them out when they started their cheers. The team had been so bad of course Philly fans were going to be at that game in a decent quantity, but there were also a fair number if Nats fans. When they chant "this is our house" and "jerk" to one of our pitchers, and there's not even the slightest inkling of boos or attempts to drown it out, AFTER opening day, at least for tonight as hot as I am I feel that's a fan base that doesn't deserve a team even as bad as the Nats are.