Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Lucas Giolito, RHP  (Read 143306 times)

Offline daaskins

Re: Follow the Prospects: Lucas Giolito, RHP
« Reply #250: July 13, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
Great way to sum it up

"Standing at a sturdy 6’6″, with a high waist, square shoulders, long arms and powerful legs, Giolito has the look of a young Roy Halladay. He is a rare athlete for a tall pitcher too, showing great body control, awareness and balance. His mechanically sound delivery is simple and repeatable, with a clean arm action

The high school right-hander entered the year as one of the most talented draft eligible players, but suffered an elbow injury in March. “I’m confident that this issue is behind me,” he said the day after the Nationals selected him.“I’m looking forward to getting on the mound soon.” Giolito's fastball can reach 99 mph and he sits at 94-96 mph, according to Baseball America. He also throws a plus-plus curveball and a plus change-up.

The Nationals spoke with doctors at the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic in Los Angeles, where both Strasburg and Jordan Zimmermann underwent Tommy John surgery. The familiarity with the doctors made the Nationals comfortable with Giolito’s health. Giolito is currently throwing long toss and playing catch on flat ground.

Looks like the Nationals got a steal, and potentially the best prospect in this years draft. He'll immediately jump to the #1 spot on the Nationals prospect list and I would be shocked if he wasn't a Top 50 prospect in baseball.less"