Author Topic: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!  (Read 9084 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: It's the Breaking Bad thread, nag!
« Reply #150: August 26, 2013, 06:19:47 PM »
Yes, so Walt is definitely outed - but I still wonder whether Hank goes down too. Actually I'm sure he does, but I think there's a 10% chance people think he was involved versus a 90% chance he's killed (among situations in which he goes down - not including the scenarios in which he's fired, etc.).

And yes, Jesse's being really irrational about this right now - burning his house down is one of the worst ways to go about this.

i would think that irrational actions would be quicker. i'm gonna get that gas can, and go to the pump, and fill it up and pay, and go to walt's house, and dump it all over, and get some matches and light it all up. thats a lot of steps. maybe he forgot matches. and are we sure it is walt's house. all houses in albuquerue look alike. dont know who else's house it would be...

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #151: August 26, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
True but Jesse is in a freaked up state of mind, you know - not that implausible.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #152: August 26, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »
and are we sure it is walt's house. all houses in albuquerue look alike. dont know who else's house it would be...

He's been there a few times, like when he had dinner with them in Season 5 or when Tuco had a gun to his head back in Season 2.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #153: August 26, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
He's been there a few times, like when he had dinner with them in Season 5 or when Tuco had a gun to his head back in Season 2.

that dinner was classic. i don't remember the exact line but it was something like jesse: "great peas, mrs. white. how did you cook them?" skyler: "i bought them premade from the grocery store." *10 second silence*.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #154: August 27, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
the flash at the start of episode 1 shows what looks to be an abandoned house, Jesse could easily have burned it down.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #155: August 27, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
the flash at the start of episode 1 shows what looks to be an abandoned house, Jesse could easily have burned it down.

Really? The electrical outlet with the ricin was still there... it did look kinda freaked up, but I feel like with as much gasoline as Jesse had, the whole structure is gonna collapse.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #156: August 27, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
Yeah, not a burned out house. Just abandoned looking.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #157: August 27, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »
Maybe burned some of it which condemned it?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #158: August 28, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
I'll revive my earlier bit - this is why BB is so goddamn amazing. Why it puts Sopranos and anything else in the history of the medium to shame. It's also something you know damn well VG learned his lesson from the king of all screw-ups in this realm, X-Files.

Planning. Unlike so many other shows, they clearly planned this. That "confession" video? Just amazing. Ties everything together. Then boom, Hank's done for, so they pull the one other dangling plot thread to destroy Walt, the one man who *he* destroyed, like so many that destroyed him that led to him becoming Heisenberg. I doubt they'll ever reveal the whole "Walt could have saved OD chick," but as I remember it Jesse not only had the guilt of losing/killing her, he then felt even worse with the plane crash due to her ATC father... Walt has a debt to settle with Jesse, and it looks like we get to see that. This entire show has been about building Walt up from nothing, at the same time stripping it all away from Jesse. Walt's greatest triumph, the Methylmene robbery, was the final blow for Jesse. It's all been one dramatic two-sided story, now those sides come to a head.

They could have gone for the cheap entertainment, Hank Versus Walt. Instead they put that aside, putting it aside in a masterpiece of years of plotting all combining for an epic payoff, to get to the true meat and taters of BB.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #159: August 28, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
Yeah, not a burned out house. Just abandoned looking.

Abandoned, clearly. I vote Jesse rethinks it, and he's probably the one to scrawl Heisenberg on the wall we see in the "ghetto house." Maybe he sees a photo of the family, the baby, thinks better of it realizing he'd be just like Walt, destroying other's lives to get his revenge. That the way to destroy Walt is outting him, first to his family, (the spray painted Heisenberg), then the world.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #160: August 28, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
I suspect that Walt Jr walks out and Jesse gets an even better revenge than burning the house down, he tells Junior that Daddy is a meth cook and a murderer.  This leads to the last great conflict in the show, as Walt Jr is incorruptible, so how does he handle the information that not only is his father a very bad guy, but that his mother has been complicit.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #161: August 28, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
Abandoned, clearly. I vote Jesse rethinks it, and he's probably the one to scrawl Heisenberg on the wall we see in the "ghetto house." Maybe he sees a photo of the family, the baby, thinks better of it realizing he'd be just like Walt, destroying other's lives to get his revenge. That the way to destroy Walt is outting him, first to his family, (the spray painted Heisenberg), then the world.

I doubt Jesse spray painted it, probably some random druggie admirer later on.

I suspect that Walt Jr walks out and Jesse gets an even better revenge than burning the house down, he tells Junior that Daddy is a meth cook and a murderer.  This leads to the last great conflict in the show, as Walt Jr is incorruptible, so how does he handle the information that not only is his father a very bad guy, but that his mother has been complicit.

Great prediction, I can totally see this.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #162: September 02, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »
So... what's Jesse's plan? What's Walt's real "home"?

Oh, and I loved how we all completely whiffed on who Jesse was going to meet at Walt's house. Nobody got that one...

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #163: September 02, 2013, 11:16:38 PM »

Oh, and I loved how we all completely whiffed on who Jesse was going to meet at Walt's house. Nobody got that one...

While it wouldn't make any sense would the "real home" be his $$, the one thing he seems to still care about?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #164: September 02, 2013, 11:55:44 PM »

I guessed it once Walt returned and Jesse was gone - when Walt asked whether it was the DEA that took him away, I figured Jesse must have been telling Hank everything. But then again, that was really the only logical guess.

The "real home" is his family I suppose - Skyler and Walt Jr. Remember Jesse looking at the picture of Walt and Skyler in Hank's house?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #165: September 04, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
The way I see it, Jesse's plan is to supply Hank with unbeatable evidence of Walter White's guilt. Right? That was the whole point of the wire thing, and now he says there's a "better way." But... what evidence has Walt left behind? There are people who know about him (Saul, Lydia, junkyard guy), but would they flip? There's the storage unit with all the money, but he can say it's gambling winnings. The only things I can think of are the Heisenberg drawing the cousins used, testimony from the shrink Walt saw after his fugue state*, and the meth recipe itself.

*patient privilege is revoked if the doctor has reason to believe the patient committed a crime... Jesse knows Walt attempted murder while at Tuco's desert shack

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #166: September 04, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »
The way I see it, Jesse's plan is to supply Hank with unbeatable evidence of Walter White's guilt. Right? That was the whole point of the wire thing, and now he says there's a "better way." But... what evidence has Walt left behind? There are people who know about him (Saul, Lydia, junkyard guy), but would they flip? There's the storage unit with all the money, but he can say it's gambling winnings. The only things I can think of are the Heisenberg drawing the cousins used, testimony from the shrink Walt saw after his fugue state*, and the meth recipe itself.

*patient privilege is revoked if the doctor has reason to believe the patient committed a crime... Jesse knows Walt attempted murder while at Tuco's desert shack

Better way... I thought was to kill his kids.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #167: September 04, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
So Hank thinks Jesse has a better way to bust Walt for being Heisenberg, but actually Jesse is after a better way to get revenge.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #168: September 04, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »

After Jesse's reaction to the kid getting killed by Todd in the desert, I don't think that's what Jesse's thinking.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #169: September 04, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
After Jesse's reaction to the kid getting killed by Todd in the desert, I don't think that's what Jesse's thinking.
Jesse has always, always loved kids. Remember how much of a stink he caused when Gus was using kids?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #170: September 04, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »
Jesse has always, always loved kids. Remember how much of a stink he caused when Gus was using kids?

Exactly, and what happened with Brock. I don't see him going there. Guess we'll see on Sunday unless someone else wants to offer up an idea.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #171: September 04, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
It's possible that - and this is unlikely, because Jesse said his 'real family' - since Jesse knows Walt values glory/fame the most, he'll try to ruin Walt's god-like reputation in order to get revenge.

Also, so ironic that Walt's downfall - after he's been so lucky all these times - is a misunderstanding of that dude standing near by.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #172: September 04, 2013, 09:19:34 PM »
It's possible that - and this is unlikely, because Jesse said his 'real family'
He didn't; he said "where you really live" and later to Hank, "there's another way to get him, a better way." Let's not ask how I could check that so easily.

I could see you being right about the REST: that he will try to draw Walt back in the meth-cooking business as a trap, by baiting Walt's ego.

Offline TigerFan

« Reply #173: September 04, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
Lydia plays a part in next weeks episode for what it's worth.  Wonder how she figures into it. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #174: September 04, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
He didn't; he said "where you really live" and later to Hank, "there's another way to get him, a better way." Let's not ask how I could check that so easily.

I could see you being right about the REST: that he will try to draw Walt back in the meth-cooking business as a trap, by baiting Walt's ego.

Yeah I forgot the exact quote. Or he'll make the blue as good as Walt did and show that Walt isn't that good (provided he can do so).