Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1  (Read 35715 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1
« Reply #175: September 04, 2008, 09:56:47 PM »
the skins haven't tried to go downfield all game. maybe once.
but that's what you get with the West Coast Offense. it isn't built on the deep ball.  it is a nickel-and-dime offense based on short precise routes, from what little I know about it.

But the QB keeps the defense honest by throwing downfield often enough to stop them from crowding the line.  Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia to a guy named Terrell Owens - all did that.  Matt Hasselback throws downfield.  Now even Madden's calling for it...

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #176: September 04, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »
I think it is more of a result of the Offense Zorn is installing.  the WCO is just not a deep ball offense.   it is a 5-15 yard horizontal passing offense.
They've been running all night and have rarely thrown down field. I find it hard to put all the blame on Campbell when he wasn't even given a chance really.

MrMadison

« Reply #177: September 04, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »
well.  season starts off well for Big Blue.

i think we still need that killer instinct on offense. 

but the defense played GREAT.

MrMadison

« Reply #178: September 04, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
oh freak Chris Samuels.  you freakin prick, the play, and the game, was over on your side there was no need to do that.

Kiwanuka better not be seriously hurt.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #179: September 04, 2008, 10:02:53 PM »
The Rams actually won a game like this a few years ago, with a rookie QB making his debut. Had to score 2 or 3 times and then won it in OT.  Martz was head coach still, I think.  He's not a coward.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #180: September 04, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »
It's official guys, we need a new QB. Campbell is NOT an NFL QB. He should be WAY better than this by now. Has nothing to do w/ the new playbook, and it has nothing to do w/ not playing more in the preseason.  He just doesn't have it. I'd rather have Culpepper in there than Campbell at this point. That ending drove me freaking crazy!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #181: September 04, 2008, 10:08:41 PM »
It's official guys, we need a new QB. Campbell is NOT an NFL QB. He should be WAY better than this by now. Has nothing to do w/ the new playbook, and it has nothing to do w/ not playing more in the preseason.  He just doesn't have it. I'd rather have Culpepper in there than Campbell at this point. That ending drove me ****ing crazy!

THANK YOU

campbell is not a good NFL starter

the quicker the skins realize that the better off they will be

btw skins d is not very good

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #182: September 04, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
It's official guys, we need a new QB. Campbell is NOT an NFL QB. He should be WAY better than this by now. Has nothing to do w/ the new playbook, and it has nothing to do w/ not playing more in the preseason.  He just doesn't have it. I'd rather have Culpepper in there than Campbell at this point. That ending drove me freaking crazy!
That's bullcrap. 15/27 for 133 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs. Don't blame Campbell because the play-calling sucks balls.  Take the leash off him, Zorn! freak, I'd rather him get a chance to throw the ball and fail trying than this bullcrap. At least let him throw the mother freaking ball.

The Receivers don't get nearly enough blame as well. Moss dropped 2 balls right in his hands and in general the receivers did a HORRIBLE job of creating separation from the DBs. The o-line was sorry as well.

Don't get me wrong, Campbell didn't have a great game by any means, but there are far more problems than him. I blame Zorn the most for this loss.

MrMadison

« Reply #183: September 04, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »
That's bullcrap. 15/27 for 133 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs. Don't blame Campbell because the play-calling sucks balls.  Take the leash off him, Zorn! freak, I'd rather him get a chance to throw the ball and fail trying than this bullcrap. At least let him throw the mother freaking ball.

The Receivers don't get nearly enough blame as well. Moss dropped 2 balls right in his hands and in general the receivers did a HORRIBLE job of creating separation from the DBs. The o-line was sorry as well.

Don't get me wrong, Campbell didn't have a great game by any means, but there are far more problems than him. I blame Zorn the most for this loss.

of course, I'm not a skins fan, but sportsfan has it right here.

Campbell did fine. your playcalling was mind-boggling.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #184: September 04, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
B-Mitch is going off right now on the post-game show. He is freaking pissed. Good to hear. freak all of the optimist bullcrap. There's nothing to be optimistic about. This was a complete trainwreck of a performance. This team has serious problems.

Zorn looks very overwhelmed in the press conference.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #185: September 04, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »
Of course Zorn looks overwhelemed. He was a QUARTERBACK COACH with no coordinator experience who was thrown into a mess of a team. his playcalling was bad and i feel for zorn.

and also it wasnt campbells fault for the loss. not at all.

but i dont see campbell leading this t eam to the promised land.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #186: September 04, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »
we looked like the 12 game losing streak Nats tonight.

Belly's strained groin seemed pretty serious...

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #187: September 04, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
Of course Zorn looks overwhelemed. He was a QUARTERBACK COACH with no coordinator experience who was thrown into a mess of a team. his playcalling was bad and i feel for zorn.

and also it wasnt campbells fault for the loss. not at all.

but i dont see campbell leading this t eam to the promised land.

You may be right but we'll never know until Campbell is allowed to show what he can do. Under Gibbs and now Zorn he has not even getting a chance.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #188: September 04, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
It looks like Harris and Eckstein are now alternating days on coaching our hitters. Tonight Harris was at the helm.  :?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #189: September 04, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »

Those stats definitely tell the story. He had 27 pass attempts (!!), yet he'd only throw dump offs or ANYTHING to Moss. What about the rest of the guys down the field? It was wussy play, IMO. Zorn called some bad plays, too, but Campbell was definitely the biggest problem. He just cant handle the pressures of the NFL. He freaks out too much. He looked absolutely terrible to me.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #190: September 04, 2008, 11:09:10 PM »
How are the Nats doing? Disappointing loss for the Skins...

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #191: September 04, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
How are the Nats doing? Disappointing loss for the Skins...
They also suffered an embarrassing loss. They got shut out 2-0 by a bum rookie making his first career ML start. Martis looked good though.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #192: September 05, 2008, 02:52:08 AM »
But the QB keeps the defense honest by throwing downfield often enough to stop them from crowding the line.  Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia to a guy named Terrell Owens - all did that.
I do have fond memories of Joe Montana throwing those perfect spirals into the arms of Terrell Owens.