Author Topic: NCAA Baseball Thread 2012  (Read 281 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
NCAA Baseball Thread 2012
« Topic Start: February 17, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
The season kicks off today!

I'm about to head over to Baum Stadium to see the #4 Arkansas Razorback get started on their season against Villanova.

To all my fellow college baseball enthusiasts here on WNFF, how are your favorite teams looking this season?

(Didn't see this topic anywhere else. Sorry if I missed it)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: NCAA Baseball Thread 2012
« Reply #1: February 17, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »
Lots of excitement for the Darin Erstad era to begin.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #2: February 17, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »
JMU is looking good, picked as favorites to win the CAA this year and have the preseason pick for player of the year in Johnny Bladel.  Thanks to the new stadium they built two years ago they have been getting a much better crop of recruits over the last couple years (also thanks to some solid draft picks like Kevin Munson and Jake Lowery).  Unfortunately, as per the usual, even making the regional tournament year in and year out, the team has little hope of beating regional powerhouses like UVA and teams from NC.  I always have the optimistic hope they can pull off a miracle like 1983 and make it to the CWS, but I would be happy with another CAA title.

Also, JMU will be hosting the CAA tourney for the first time in a long time, which I plan on attending.  I'm pretty pumped for that.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #3: February 21, 2012, 08:20:15 PM »
JMU is looking good, picked as favorites to win the CAA this year and have the preseason pick for player of the year in Johnny Bladel.  Thanks to the new stadium they built two years ago they have been getting a much better crop of recruits over the last couple years (also thanks to some solid draft picks like Kevin Munson and Jake Lowery).  Unfortunately, as per the usual, even making the regional tournament year in and year out, the team has little hope of beating regional powerhouses like UVA and teams from NC.  I always have the optimistic hope they can pull off a miracle like 1983 and make it to the CWS, but I would be happy with another CAA title.

Also, JMU will be hosting the CAA tourney for the first time in a long time, which I plan on attending.  I'm pretty pumped for that.
Go Dukes!