Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2009-2011)  (Read 91157 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #100: June 15, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »
true blood season 2 started off awesome.

i'm halfway through house season 2 ... i'm so hooked.  the only other two tv shows i was late getting into that i was so obsessed with were 24 and how i met your mother ... house is very addictive.  i generally like to watch tv shows live every week instead of doing the dvds, catching up, etc.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #101: June 15, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
true blood season 2 started off awesome.

i'm halfway through house season 2 ... i'm so hooked.  the only other two tv shows i was late getting into that i was so obsessed with were 24 and how i met your mother ... house is very addictive.  i generally like to watch tv shows live every week instead of doing the dvds, catching up, etc.
I like doing the catch up thing watching full seasons of shows online. You don't have to wait a whole week for a new episode. I generally watch 1 episode every night before I go to sleep of whatever show I am currently watching (right now I am a couple eps into Smallville season 8).

True Blood sounds interesting. I might put that in my "to watch" list after I finish Smallville and The 4400.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #102: June 15, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
I like doing the catch up thing watching full seasons of shows online. You don't have to wait a whole week for a new episode. I generally watch 1 episode every night before I go to sleep of whatever show I am currently watching (right now I am a couple eps into Smallville season 8).

True Blood sounds interesting. I might put that in my "to watch" list after I finish Smallville and The 4400.

back a few years ago when i worked late - that's what i'd do - come home late from work and watch an ep of 24.  then i found myself staying up til 3 or 4 watching 3 or 4 eps haha. 

true blood is pretty solid (amazing character development).  some violence, nudity, bad language ... but it's a really compelling show.

i'd still say get into Life.  if you like burn notice/house/pysch those type shows with a strong and interesting lead character who always cracks the case, you'll like life.  there is a pretty faithful following of the show and hopefully USA Network picks it up.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #103: June 15, 2009, 11:57:52 PM »
true blood is pretty solid (amazing character development).  some violence, nudity, bad language ... but it's a really compelling show.

I stopped watching that show after 4 episodes. Didn't like it much.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #104: June 15, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »
I stopped watching that show after 4 episodes. Didn't like it much.

oh boy u missed a LOT

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #105: June 16, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »
the next shows i want to get into:

the wire (both my brothers love it), burn notice (seen a few eps and really like it), rescue me (everyone raves about it) and the office (i've seen a few eps and they were okay, just seems like i really need to sit down and watch).

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #106: June 16, 2009, 12:01:27 AM »
oh boy u missed a LOT

I just don't like vampire shows/movies. And that main girl is so damn ugly. There was really no reason for me to continue watching. :lol:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #107: June 16, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
the next shows i want to get into:

the wire (both my brothers love it), burn notice (seen a few eps and really like it), rescue me (everyone raves about it) and the office (i've seen a few eps and they were okay, just seems like i really need to sit down and watch).

:lol: Your never going to watch the wire. Which sucks because its the best damn show ever.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #108: June 16, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
I have the 1st season DVD set. Fantastic!

:lol: Your never going to watch the wire. Which sucks because its the best damn show ever.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #109: June 16, 2009, 10:55:50 AM »

i took seasons 1-3 from our brother, so yeah i will get into.  i'm 6 eps deep in season1 ... it's okay.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #110: June 16, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »
I just don't like vampire shows/movies. And that main girl is so darn ugly. There was really no reason for me to continue watching. :lol:

Anna Paquin? Disagree. She's Rogue!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #111: June 16, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
Anna Paquin? Disagree. She's Rogue!

smoking hot!!! 

:az: paquin :az:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #112: June 16, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »
The Prison Break pilot was pretty damn good, but is it worth my time to watch the entire series?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #113: June 16, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
the first two seasons were really good. I would recommend them.

Season 3 was pretty different but was kind of interesting.  watchable.

Season 4 went down hill and the show had to wrap up quickly at the end. worth watching if you care enough about the show or have nothing else to watch.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #114: June 22, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »
I'd heard that Jackass: Number Two was better than the original (which I never saw), and it's running (edited) on the Comedy Channel

1. Those guys are crazy.
2. Some of it's pretty funny.

I don't see how they didn't get seriously hurt by the LIVE BULL that was trying to GORE them, and look like he succeeded.  Johnny Knoxville was blindfolded, with a cigarette in his mouth, while the bull charged and FLIPPED him.  Then 4 guys faced the bull while riding a teeter-totter...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #115: June 22, 2009, 02:05:13 AM »
If you want to see crap about Jackass but nothing about Jackass, look up Steve-Os "The Rise and Demise of Steve-O" all the parts are on youtube. Pretty freaking crazy crap.

Offline BCH89

« Reply #116: June 22, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
If you want to see crap about Jackass but nothing about Jackass, look up Steve-Os "The Rise and Demise of Steve-O" all the parts are on youtube. Pretty freaking crazy crap.

That documentary was pretty ridiculous. It makes his whole 'Steve-O' character make sense now.

I also started True Blood and am 4 episodes into it and it's pretty good. Weeds is getting lame though.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #117: June 23, 2009, 12:37:28 AM »
I started watching "How I Met Your Mother" on SurfTheChannel. Solid so far.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #118: June 23, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
That documentary was pretty ridiculous. It makes his whole 'Steve-O' character make sense now.

I also started True Blood and am 4 episodes into it and it's pretty good. Weeds is getting lame though.
Weeds has been pretty disappointing thus far. I missed the pilot episode of Nurse Jackie but I have caught the last two and they have been pretty funny.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #119: June 23, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »
i just saw the trailer for HBO's "The Pacific" (the follow-up to Band of Brothers).  It's not expected to be released until next March, but still looks good.  And I've finished the first two seasons of House.  Good show.

I started watching "How I Met Your Mother" on SurfTheChannel. Solid so far.

excellent show.

Weeds has been pretty disappointing thus far. I missed the pilot episode of Nurse Jackie but I have caught the last two and they have been pretty funny.

i saw the first ep of nurse jackie - it was pretty decent.  funny to see carmela soprano and the priest hook up in nurse jackie.  i may get into that show we'll see.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #120: June 23, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »
i just saw the trailer for HBO's "The Pacific" (the follow-up to Band of Brothers).  It's not expected to be released until next March, but still looks good.

Band of Brother is the crap, love that show. I got the box set.  :az:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #121: June 30, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
Much better episode of Weeds last night. The first good one of the season, IMO.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #122: June 30, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
season still stinks. last night's was okay.

not a fan of the entire storyline with the Mayor dating back to last season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #123: June 30, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
Just got into Sopranos, started season 1 this weekend and finished today. If your like my brother and got on me like I lived under a rock, this show is damn good.

Looking forward to my brother giving me season 2.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #124: July 04, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »
"Party Down" is a freaking HILARIOUS show. I definitely recommend it.