Author Topic: OOTP: Out of the Park Baseball  (Read 3854 times)

Offline houston-nat

OOTP: Out of the Park Baseball
« Topic Start: August 19, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
I'm having some fun running the Milwaukee Brewers in OOTP 11. It is now July 2012, and my team is sitting far ahead of the pack in the NL Central.

Briefly what has happened so far: in 2010, I launched a full rebuild, trading away Jim Edmonds, Trevor Hoffman, Claudio Vargas, Carlos Villanueva, Lorenzo Cain, Randy Wolf, Casey McGehee and free agent signee Vicente Padilla in exchange for a ton of prospects. I traded Rickie Weeks for Colby Rasmus. One of the prospects, Astro Bud Norris, I flipped for Twins' Aaron Hicks.

So 2010 sucked.

In 2011 the Detroit Tigers sent me Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello for Will Venable, and I flipped Scherzer to Washington for Derek Norris. Even freakier, I was able to trade Kyle Drabek (!) to the Royals for Zach Greinke (!!). We lost the NLCS to the Braves, who had dealt a prospect I had sent them for Jonathan Sanchez, who turned into an ace. Whoops!

2012 roster looks like this as of July 7.

CF Colby Rasmus .316/.408/.502
3B Mat Gamel .273/.375/.531
LF Ryan Braun .351/.439/.681 (1.12 OPS)
1B Prince Fielder .296/.435/.615 (1.049 OPS)
RF Nate Schierholtz .321/.383/.596 (.979 OPS)
2B Joe Inglett
C Jason Castro
Pitcher
SS Alcides Escobar (who is having an awful, awful season)

Bench: Carlos Gomez, Jeff Francoeur, Randy Winn, Nick Punto, Koyie Hill

SP Zach Greinke
SP Yovani Gallardo
SP Cliff Lee
SP Rick Porcello (1.83 ERA)
SP Ryan Dempster (7.08 ERA since becoming a Brewer...ouch)

My big worry is my bullpen... Capps is a shaky closer, my prospects aren't panning out, Kyle Farnsworth is mediocre but they're still hanging on.

My farm system is loaded at the top but pretty barren near the bottom. Top prospects include Deck McGuire, Luke Hochevar, Jose Mijares, Sergio Burruel, Derek Norris, Brett Lawrie, Nolan Arenado, Aaron Hicks,