Author Topic: Non-alcoholic Drinks  (Read 29965 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Non-alcoholic Drinks
« Reply #350: April 14, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
In 20 or 30 years wonder bread and peanut butter will be in the "ethnic foods" aisle  :stir: :couch:

I saw a reddit post a few weeks ago from a redditor auf Deutschland asking how accurate this picture he took of the "Amerikaner" section in his grocery store was.  I remember it had Hunts ketchup, Aunt Jemima syrup and pancake mix, and Pop Tarts :lol:

I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #351: April 14, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
Please do, that sounds hilarious.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #352: April 14, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
Ok, I remembered it a little wrong.  It's a Finnish grocery store, and some of the items are different than I remembered, or else this is a different pic entirely.  Still funny:

http://i.imgur.com/VUpGh.jpg

Notice the canned spray cheese :lmao:

Offline Nathan

Offline saltydad

« Reply #354: April 14, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
It has Twizzlers, so I approve!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #355: May 03, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
Anyone know where I can get something like a "sampler" pack of K-cups?  I've tried Caribou and the Green Mountain sumatra, plus a coworker gave me some Starbuck's House Blend, Folgers Black Silk, and Donut Shop.  I'd like to try some other stuff but I don't want to get a full box of something I don't like.

So far the Caribou is my favorite, the Folgers was bad and the Donut Shop was too weak.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #356: May 04, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »
dunno, but when my brother got my dad his machine, he got it with a sampler.  maybe if you go to bed bath and beyond or walmart / target, that is, some [lace that sells the machines but not with a house brand of k cups, they would stock a sampler pack.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #357: May 04, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Ok, I remembered it a little wrong.  It's a Finnish grocery store, and some of the items are different than I remembered, or else this is a different pic entirely.  Still funny:

http://i.imgur.com/VUpGh.jpg
(Image removed from quote.)

Notice the canned spray cheese :lmao:

At least it has Newman's Own dressing.

Offline machpost

« Reply #358: May 10, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Anyone know where I can get something like a "sampler" pack of K-cups?  I've tried Caribou and the Green Mountain sumatra, plus a coworker gave me some Starbuck's House Blend, Folgers Black Silk, and Donut Shop.  I'd like to try some other stuff but I don't want to get a full box of something I don't like.

So far the Caribou is my favorite, the Folgers was bad and the Donut Shop was too weak.

I usually order my K-cups directly from keurig.com, and they sell 5-cup sampler packs of just about everything. They also sell bigger boxes that contain a variety of different K-cups.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #359: June 07, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »

while getting an extra diaper delivery (thank god for amazon), I noticed these were the best sellers on subscribe and save, thought you might be interested

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IOKA84/ref=rcxsubs_thankyou_upsell_product_1

(the url is also refreshingly obvious)

Offline Nathan

« Reply #360: June 07, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
Up sell product, nice :lol:

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #361: June 07, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
I'll bet there's a big U.S. military base nearby.
I saw a reddit post a few weeks ago from a redditor auf Deutschland asking how accurate this picture he took of the "Amerikaner" section in his grocery store was.  I remember it had Hunts ketchup, Aunt Jemima syrup and pancake mix, and Pop Tarts :lol:

I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #362: February 23, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »
I need dis:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #363: February 24, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »
Coke Zero is my fav.  Along with Coke Zero Cherry. 
IBC Diet Rootbeer

The Roy Rogers near me has one of those Multiple Choice soda machines and has Mello Yellow Zero.  That's great too!

I like just about any tea with lemon or slightly sweetened. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #364: February 24, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »
Coke Zero is my fav.  Along with Coke Zero Cherry. 
IBC Diet Rootbeer

The Roy Rogers near me has one of those Multiple Choice soda machines and has Mello Yellow Zero.  That's great too!

I like just about any tea with lemon or slightly sweetened. 

IBC Rootbeer is one of the best.   I only drink Barq's in the diet form.   

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #365: February 24, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »
If you are looking for a good value / price point on a very good tea, I recommend Peet's Coffee and Tea's Yunnan Fancy.  AT $8.75 for 4 ozs, that's about 40 - 50 cups of loose leaf chinese black tea.  It is from Yunnan province, and it has light colored blonde or golden tips at the end of the leaves.  It is a natural feature of the leaves, and teas of this type are known as "tippy yunnans."  It is somewhat sweet even before you add your honey or sugar, and has a nice woody aroma like maple or perhaps pine (not smokey).  It is available on mail order, but I almost always pick up a tin when I visit my Dad because there is a location about a mile from his condo.  Peets has a few cities west of the rockies with stores - Chicago, Boston, and I think Dallas.  If you don't order from Peets, then you can get something like this at Teaism on 8th and D, near archives, for $3.50 a cup.  They call it Yunnan Gold, I think.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #366: February 26, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
If you are looking for a good value / price point on a very good tea, I recommend Peet's Coffee and Tea's Yunnan Fancy.  AT $8.75 for 4 ozs, that's about 40 - 50 cups of loose leaf chinese black tea.  It is from Yunnan province, and it has light colored blonde or golden tips at the end of the leaves.  It is a natural feature of the leaves, and teas of this type are known as "tippy yunnans."  It is somewhat sweet even before you add your honey or sugar, and has a nice woody aroma like maple or perhaps pine (not smokey).  It is available on mail order, but I almost always pick up a tin when I visit my Dad because there is a location about a mile from his condo.  Peets has a few cities west of the rockies with stores - Chicago, Boston, and I think Dallas.  If you don't order from Peets, then you can get something like this at Teaism on 8th and D, near archives, for $3.50 a cup.  They call it Yunnan Gold, I think.

How do you brew your tea?  Just in the cup or do you use a tea ball?  I have this mesh one but maybe I should get one of the ones with the holes.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #367: February 26, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
I don't drink soda often, but when I do, I drink Cherry Mello Yello Zero from a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #368: February 26, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
I don't drink soda often, but when I do, I drink Cherry Mello Yello Zero from a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.
Where can you find those? I don't drink soda at all but I wouldn't mind trying some weird Diet Coke drink.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #369: February 26, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
Where can you find those? I don't drink soda at all but I wouldn't mind trying some weird Diet Coke drink.

Corporate owned five guys all have them. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #370: February 26, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »
In my travels around the Alxandria area, you can find them at Five Guys, Moe's (Welcome to Moe's), and today from Noodles. It wouldn't surprise me if Coca Cola had a "Freestyle finder" on their web.

Edit: they have an app.
http://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/want-find-freestyle-there-s-app

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #371: February 26, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
How do you brew your tea?  Just in the cup or do you use a tea ball?  I have this mesh one but maybe I should get one of the ones with the holes.

I have a few different things to brew my tea. 

Usually, I'll use some sort of mesh basket, either in a tea pot or a cup.  It lets more water circulate around the leaves and lets the leaves expand a bit more than a tea ball or a tea ball spoon like that.  I will also use fill your own filter bags, especially if I'm drinking something like rooibos with really tiny leaves that can slip through loose mesh or a baskets with large perforations.  I will also use a french press, or a contraption that drains through the bottom when you put it on a cup (I'm not even sure what its name is).  I'll also use a tea pot and just pour the tea through a strainer.  I also have a spoon with a mesh ball like the one you are using.

A nice line of products is from For Life ( a Chinese company).  I have 2 of their tea pots and a couple of their 16 oz mugs.  These come with the  baskets.  Teavana carries the contraption that drains through the bottom. 

Offline Nathan

« Reply #372: February 27, 2013, 06:41:37 PM »
I ordered one of these:

and one of these:

One will be for work and one will be for home.  Also picked up an electric kettle for work (already have a home one).  I have a love/hate relationship with amazon :lol:

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #373: February 27, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »

All Firehouse Sub and California Tortilla locations have them, along with many Five Guys.  They're popping up more and more.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #374: February 27, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
I ordered one of these:

and one of these:

One will be for work and one will be for home.  Also picked up an electric kettle for work (already have a home one).  I have a love/hate relationship with amazon :lol:
Great. Nice choice. Those are perfect for loose leaf.