Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3  (Read 22700 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #425: April 30, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
Great win tonight, we needed it.  Olsen had a very good outing as well, he is fine as long as he has his command.  I am having a tough time convincing my girl that the Nats actually suck (and no just stating the record isn't enough for her apparently) because she watched the game with me tonight and was at the game with me for Zimmermann's first start.  I guess I'm going to have to get her to watch more games with me, because she apparently brings some good fortune (she will be with me at the game tomorrow).

I figured 360 would be better off in the 8 hole with less pressure on him and boy am I glad to have the gUZI back.  I wish Willingham would get everyday at-bats, because it is worthless to have him only in there every third game.   It does no good for him or Kearns.  Manny just needs to pick one to start and stay with it, even if that someone is Kearns :shock:.  Zimmerman is off to an excellent start and could be in for a career season, the kid is just raking.  And holla for Tavarez who pitched well as the closer.  He went after batters and showed the mentality of a closer out there, unlike some of these other twirps we have been parading out there.  Wasn't Beimel supposed to be back today, we will be much better off once we get him back in the pen.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #426: April 30, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »
if tavarez pitches this well all year, we could get a nice prospect for him at the deadline

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #427: April 30, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »
Beimel comes back next week

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #428: April 30, 2009, 12:07:39 AM »
Beimel comes back next week

Thank god, Wells was scaring the crap out of me walking those batters.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #429: April 30, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »
wow, Manny Acta hates Elijah Dukes.

Dukes had the GW RBI Single but in the post-game Acta said that they got good pitching from Olsen and then a big hit from Anderson Hernandez to give us the win. Hernandez had a few big hits but Dukes had the winner.

no mention of Elijah at all from Manny in the press conference.

seriously, it's a shame Dukes doesn't have the support of his manager. like i said though, F Manny.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #430: April 30, 2009, 12:39:40 AM »
[Olsen]'s serviceable.  We have four decent starters and then the Crab STRASBURG WILL BE STARTING IN SEPTEMBER.

FIXED.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #431: April 30, 2009, 12:51:47 AM »
Actually, I'm going to amend that statement.  Martis might wind up being truly horrible. :shock:

I can't believe how bad his peripherals are.  He walks more batters than he K's, and he gives up more than 1 hit per inning. :spaz:

that's why i project him to be a back end of the rotation type.  he doesn't overpower you, but he has a decent fastball-slider-change arsenal that he should force hitters to put in play rather than try and nibble.  he won't make it if that happens.  hopefully he can put it together.  he has gotten plenty of run support this year.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #432: April 30, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
seriously, it's a shame Dukes doesn't have the support of his manager. like i said though, F Manny.

trust me we didn't get to see the whole post game press conference ... and i'm sure manny is being careful with what he says about dukes (doesn't give him too much praise, doesn't give him too much criticism) ... everyone knows what dukes is capable of and that's why he's the everyday center fielder. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #433: April 30, 2009, 12:55:45 AM »
trust me we didn't get to see the whole post game press conference ... and i'm sure manny is being careful with what he says about dukes (doesn't give him too much praise, doesn't give him too much criticism) ... everyone knows what dukes is capable of and that's why he's the everyday center fielder. 
Manny doesn't like Dukes. there is no doubt about it. He has no problems giving praise to other guys on the team. but he never gives props to Elijah.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #434: April 30, 2009, 12:59:53 AM »
Manny doesn't like Dukes. there is no doubt about it. He has no problems giving praise to other guys on the team. but he never gives props to Elijah.

again maybe he doesn't want for it to get all to elijah's head.  i'm a dukes supporter and we all know there are plenty of people in the organization that like him.  manny could easily have kearns start in center if he really disliked dukes. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #435: April 30, 2009, 01:00:54 AM »
again maybe he doesn't want for it to get all to elijah's head.  i'm a dukes supporter and we all know there are plenty of people in the organization that like him.  manny could easily have kearns start in center if he really disliked dukes. 
it is coming from up above to start Dukes. If Manny had him on the bench he would not have a job.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #436: April 30, 2009, 02:38:47 AM »
that's why i project him to be a back end of the rotation type.  he doesn't overpower you, but he has a decent fastball-slider-change arsenal that he should force hitters to put in play rather than try and nibble.  he won't make it if that happens.  hopefully he can put it together.  he has gotten plenty of run support this year.
You just hate him, which explains your sig. 8)

I also think he'll probably be back of the rotation.  Seriously, if Martis and Olsen become the back of our rotation for the next two or three years, well, we could do worse.  I'd be okay with that.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #437: April 30, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »
Golly that was a fun game too watch.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #438: April 30, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
Great win tonight, we needed it.  Olsen had a very good outing as well, he is fine as long as he has his command.  I am having a tough time convincing my girl that the Nats actually suck (and no just stating the record isn't enough for her apparently) because she watched the game with me tonight and was at the game with me for Zimmermann's first start.  I guess I'm going to have to get her to watch more games with me, because she apparently brings some good fortune (she will be with me at the game tomorrow).

I figured 360 would be better off in the 8 hole with less pressure on him and boy am I glad to have the gUZI back.  I wish Willingham would get everyday at-bats, because it is worthless to have him only in there every third game.   It does no good for him or Kearns.  Manny just needs to pick one to start and stay with it, even if that someone is Kearns :shock:.  Zimmerman is off to an excellent start and could be in for a career season, the kid is just raking.  And holla for Tavarez who pitched well as the closer.  He went after batters and showed the mentality of a closer out there, unlike some of these other twirps we have been parading out there.  Wasn't Beimel supposed to be back today, we will be much better off once we get him back in the pen.
Maybe she should watch games more often.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #439: April 30, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
I also think he'll probably be back of the rotation.  Seriously, if Martis and Olsen become the back of our rotation for the next two or three years, well, we could do worse.  I'd be okay with that.

haha i don't hate him.  i said out of spring training he deserves the spot and he has two quality starts, right now he deserves it.  i've just been lazy and haven't put him in my sig yet.  but again, he won't overpower you he should pitch to contact and cut down on the walks.