Author Topic: The Official Ronnie Belliard is a PIMP thread  (Read 2490 times)

Re: The Official Ronnie Belliard is a PIMP thread
« Reply #25: September 19, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »
He has had two other homers in September - 8th and 14th.  I'd say he's definitely doing a good job offensively, though not great.  He has been on an uptick lately, good to see.

Wow, what a production monster!  *SARCASM MODE OFF*

But agree.  Nice to see him waking up.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #26: September 19, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »
It cracks me up when somebody calls somebody from Africa or the Caribbean an "African American". 

My friend from Ghana would simply laugh and say "no, I'm an African, period".  As it turns out, there are a lot of people of color that are either African or descended from Africans, but are not from here, that get labeled the same as those from here.  That's why I generally prefer the term "black" as opposed to African American, as it is more expansive and inclusive of those of African descent, whether American or not. 

lol thats crazy, who calls somebody from tha carribean an african america? i don't even call myself african american. i prefer tha term black too, but white ppl generally feel more confortable with tha word african american.

« Reply #27: September 19, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
lol thats crazy, who calls somebody from tha carribean african america. i don't even call myself african american. i prefer tha term black too, but white plp generally feel more confortable with tha word african american

White person?  Uh, excuse me.  Please refrain such a racial comment and refer to me properly as either "paleface" or "ghost."

Thank you.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #28: September 19, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »
White person?  Uh, excuse me.  Please refrain such a racial comment and refer to me properly as either "paleface" or "ghost."

Thank you.

huh?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #29: September 19, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »
looks like NOTLD is feeling especially sarcastic today.  Also the point of this thread seems to have sailed right over his head.  I guess Ronnie is on his crap list with dmitri for whatever reason

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: September 19, 2007, 02:29:55 PM »
i prefer tha term black too, but white ppl generally feel more confortable with tha word african american.

Well, white folks sometimes are on pins and needles to make sure they don't say something that will be taken the wrong way.  I never got comfortable with it, but younger folks seem more so. Perhaps they changed textbooks in schools or otherwise used the term so much in recent decades that it became the norm.  Not sure here.  I just use black, white, hispanic, and understand the hispanic people can be of any race.  It's more of a cultural distinction, than skin color distinction.  Cultural is more important anyway.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #32: September 19, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
ronnie from district heights i think. if so, he gets plenty. those broads there are soulless and moralless

Belly is from the Bronx.

I am still amazed that Belliard doesn't count as black by MLB standards. Everything about him makes you believe he is black, but yet he doesn't count according to the logic of Sheffield, Sabathia, and Rollins.

HE DOESN'T "COUNT" AS BEING BLACK BECAUSE HE'S OF DOMINICAN DESCENT. PRETTY IGNORANT POST IF I DON'T SAY SO MYSELF.

While I love the three run dinger last night, its been awhile since he pushed that button.

:roll: some people will never give props when props are due, or be satisfied.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #33: September 19, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »
looks like NOTLD is feeling especially sarcastic today.  Also the point of this thread seems to have sailed right over his head.  I guess Ronnie is on his **** list with dmitri for whatever reason

add Nook to that list. He refuses to give Nook any kind of appraisal. 

« Reply #34: September 19, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
add Nook to that list. He refuses to give Nook any kind of appraisal. 

Home from school early?

« Reply #35: September 19, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
looks like NOTLD is feeling especially sarcastic today.  Also the point of this thread seems to have sailed right over his head.  I guess Ronnie is on his **** list with dmitri for whatever reason

OMG, I give him props and you spew that garbage?  Come on, Chief.  Its no secret I'm not much of a Belliard fan either but I prefer him to be on the team until the whole "Guzman, Lopez, Middle Infield" situation gets figured out.

I'm sorry that I missed the point of the thread.  I guess I'm so not "thug life" like the most of you.  I apologize.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #36: September 19, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »
Whatever floats your boat NOTLD.  I'm not going to pick an argument with you, I just like Ronnie's charisma.  I thought it was funny that you took a tongue-in-cheek thread so seriously.  Just because Ronnie's not a world-beater in the stats doesn't mean we can't enjoy his play.  There's more to having fun than just winning or being the best (though of course that helps).  If I only cared about our season record or what we're lacking in terms of talent, it would have been a miserable season to be a Nats fan.  I try to enjoy each and every game and play independently when possible.

« Reply #37: September 19, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »
Whatever floats your boat NOTLD.  I just like Ronnie's charisma.  Just because he's not a world-beater in the stats doesn't mean we can't enjoy his play.  There's more to having fun than just winning or being the best (though of course that helps)

You don't have to preach that to me, its like preaching to the choir.  However, charisma, being a nice guy, etc. doesn't get you far in the standings and really, we want at least a playoff berth in the near future and keeping guys because they are "nice" or "give out sticks of gum to fans" doesn't hack it.  But enjoy him while he lasts.

Where was the Robert Fick Fun Thread when he smashed his homer the other night?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #38: September 19, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »
Where was the Robert Fick Fun Thread when he smashed his homer the other night?

I was at the game in 204 laughing my ass off at how little Fick smashed the hell out of the ball, so don't ask me :lol:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #39: September 19, 2007, 04:39:24 PM »
I'm not sure if Fick qualifies as being human.  We recently discussed the possibility that he is actually a reptile.  (Are reptiles considered to be black or white?)

The Nationals with over 400 ABs with the highest batting averages are:
Dmitri Young, 452 ABs, .323, 13 HR, 73 RBIs
Ronnie Belliard, 464 ABs, .289, 11 HR, 52 RBIs

I can't think of a really good reason, other than injury or better defensive skills (at a time WHEN YOU HAVE A BIG LEAD, Mr. Acta), as to why you would bench your best hitters.  At the beginning of the season, nobody really expected that these two guys would even have this many at-bats in 2007.   Belliard is too much of a PIMP to pretend to be white bread.   

The Pimp Method

Jesse Jackson is responsible for getting blacks to call themselves "African-American," which began in a speech he made.  His racist purpose was to make himself the center of attention and create divisions among Americans, assigning himself to heal them.  Jesse should have been prosecuted for extortion years ago, when his group would accuse businesses of being racist, and refuse to back off until they paid a pile of money to his organization.  It didn't stop until somebody finally threatened to prosecute them.  Jesse can't hit a fastball either.

« Reply #40: September 19, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »
I was at the game in 204 laughing my ass off at how little Fick smashed the hell out of the ball, so don't ask me :lol:

That was quite funny actually. :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #41: September 19, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »
There's more to having fun than just winning or being the best (though of course that helps). 

There is?  :nono: Not in my book and not in sports as far as I'm concerned.

If I only cared about our season record or what we're lacking in terms of talent,

Now that I've fixed Chief's post QFT

MrMadison

« Reply #42: September 19, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Who the hell turned this fun thread into an argument?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #43: September 19, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »
Who the hell turned this fun thread into an argument?

I think quoting for truth has been overdone already so I'm just going to concur with this sentiment ;)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #44: September 19, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »

Jesse Jackson is responsible for getting blacks to call themselves "African-American," which began in a speech he made.  His racist purpose was to make himself the center of attention and create divisions among Americans, assigning himself to heal them.  Jesse should have been prosecuted for extortion years ago, when his group would accuse businesses of being racist, and refuse to back off until they paid a pile of money to his organization.  It didn't stop until somebody finally threatened to prosecute them.  Jesse can't hit a fastball either.

I dont know what your talkin about. Jesse Jackson is tha man. He brings a lotta social awareness to tha US. That Jena 6 story would've enver made national headlines if it wasn't for him and al sharpton. Must've been another joke that wen tover my had. You should apply for Comicview.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #45: September 19, 2007, 07:33:29 PM »
Alright guys, this is the Belly thread, no more politics or player arguments please.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #46: September 19, 2007, 07:55:46 PM »
Alright guys, this is the Belly thread, no more politics or player arguments please.

Wait, I didn't get a chance to weigh in on that racist, self-serving, fraud named Jesse Jackson!

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #47: September 20, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
I'm not sure if Fick qualifies as being human

Hey, you will miss Fick when he is in Japan this time next year!