Author Topic: Bonds on pace to hit No. 756 in RFK in early August.  (Read 3434 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Just read this in the SUnday Washington Post in the "3 Up & 3 Down" excerpt.

So what yall think about this  I can see that series selling out in Washington expecailly if he's a homer or two away form breaking baseball. I;ll be there in the upper deck in the putfield if that s the case. Can yoo imagine how much taht ball will go. Wasn't the No. 600 homer worth like half a million.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
The guys that caught that baseball had a long legal battle over who got it.  They ended up splitting the half-million.  If you catch the ball, most likely you'll be injured, hopefully not severely.  That ball will go for a million or more IMO.

joker

im not going to goI have no respect for bonds. I would throw the ball back

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
The guys that caught that baseball had a long legal battle over who got it.  They ended up splitting the half-million.  If you catch the ball, most likely you'll be injured, hopefully not severely.  That ball will go for a million or more IMO.

I'm pretty sure most will risk the injury for a million or more. I know i would. I've had surgury more than once before.......

im not going to goI have no respect for bonds. I would throw the ball back

This is just foolish.

This is just foolish.

Why is that foolish?  We've had a thread about this awhile back.  I'd throw the damned thing back as well.  Its a white and red black spot on the game, the game my father taught me to love and appreciate.  I'd love nothing more to be the guy that gets it and then chuck it right back on the field.

However, it is RFK and unless its some monster blast into the upper seats, no one from the general public is going to get it anyways.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that either.  I don't want Balco hitting anything in RFK or when playing the Nats.  Just walk his ass.  He can't run.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Its foolish to throw a million dollars a way.

C.R.E.A.M(cash rules everythang around me)

Its foolish to throw a million dollars a way.

C.R.E.A.M(cash rules everythang around me)

No, it isn't and it doesn't.  It just depends on your personal character and your morals.  This man has made a mockery of the game I love, the game my father loved, and his father before him.  He is a horrible human being and not someone to be idolized or looked up to IMO.

I will not recognize or justify his "accomplishment" and by me taking that money is giving his "accomplishment" water.  I just couldn't live with myself.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
You can take the money and have bonds permanently injured since he has ruined your life so much

You can take the money and have bonds permanently injured since he has ruined your life so much

But then that would put me in jail over something having to do with Balco Bonds and I don't want him having that to hang over my head either. ;)

joker

Actually i would combine both and sell it to someone like the guy who blew up the "bartman ball" that way everybody wins  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Throw it back. I blame Bonds for killing the winning season in 2005. He came back for just a few games and creamed us.

Offline ronnynat

I'd keep it. It's still a piece of baseball history.

Offline saltydad

Keep it, then sell it. Even Dillinger's d*ck was worthy of attention, as was Hitler's missing testicle.

Offline ronnynat

Keep it, then sell it. Even Dillinger's d*ck was worthy of attention, as was Hitler's missing testicle.

I'd have to take a few pictures of it/with it before I sold it..but I would sell it. I'd need money for my hospital bill after the mauling I'd probably get after catching it, right?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
BP has been trying to project likely dates, and as of now DC is a few series past the midpoint of the various probabilities.  They've been running computer simulation models that spit out a lot of numbers, I haven't really been following it but here is the most recent tally, through the RFK series so you can see we're a bit past the likely points.

by Clay Davenport

Bonds hits one more in NY, to give him 749, needing seven more for the record.

This one keeps him on pace to hit 756 on the road trip in Chicago and Milwaukee - a 27% chance of it happening during that swing, although like I said last time, those numbers are biased on the high side, because the computer isn’t registering the near-zero chance that he would play the last day in Milwaukee if he’s sitting on 755. Or even, I would think, on 754 - the tying home run would be a pretty significant milestone as well. Another homerless day will tilt the odds towards the following Atlanta and Florida homestand, which is currently sitting on a 25% total chance.
178 Jun 27      10     10  SD
180 Jun 29      97    107  ARI
181 Jun 30     370    477  ARI
182 Jul  1     983   1460  ARI
184 Jul  3    2090   3550  @CIN
185 Jul  4    4017   7567  @CIN
186 Jul  5    6485  14052  @CIN
187 Jul  6    9607  23659  @STL
188 Jul  7   13400  37059  @STL
189 Jul  8   17441  54500  @STL
194 Jul 13   21729  76229  LAD
195 Jul 14   25913 102142  LAD
196 Jul 15   29696 131838  LAD
197 Jul 16   33838 165676  @CHC
198 Jul 17   36295 201971  @CHC
199 Jul 18   38848 240819  @CHC
200 Jul 19   40638 281457  @CHC
201 Jul 20   41433 322890  @MIL
202 Jul 21   41753 364643  @MIL    <—  Peak single day
203 Jul 22   41983 406626  @MIL
204 Jul 23   40988 447614  ATL
205 Jul 24   39799 487413  ATL
206 Jul 25   38153 525566  ATL      <—  50% threshold
207 Jul 26   36139 561705  ATL
208 Jul 27   33935 595640  FLA
209 Jul 28   31868 627508  FLA
210 Jul 29   29117 656625  FLA
212 Jul 31   27382 684007  @LAD
213 Aug  1   24842 708849  @LAD
214 Aug  2   22355 731204  @LAD
215 Aug  3   20661 751865  @SD
216 Aug  4   18333 770198  @SD
217 Aug  5   16648 786846  @SD
218 Aug  6   15049 801895  WAS
219 Aug  7   13139 815034  WAS
220 Aug  8   11803 826837  WAS
221 Aug  9   10444 837281  WAS

Offline kimnat

You know what's sad about this.  You have Chris Benoit, likely, going on a roid rampage and killing his family.  WWE erased him from their recordbooks and everything.  But we have Bonds and McGwire in and heading for MLB record books.  Now before y'all yell at me, doing steriods or whatever is NO WHERE NEAR EQUIVALENT to Benoit killing his family, but it's the principal that the WWE has a point where they don't mess around.  Where is MLB in this? They seem to look the other way on cheating and despictable things like that combined w/ drug use. 

Not what I expected.  I hate wrestling (the WWE kind) and cringe whenever Andrew is in the room and those commercials are played during the ballgame.  It's excessively violent and is not what I think young children should be viewing!  Baseball is supposed to be above them and I think I'm seeing the opposite.

Offline ronnynat

You know what's sad about this.  You have Chris Benoit, likely, going on a roid rampage and killing his family.  WWE erased him from their recordbooks and everything.  But we have Bonds and McGwire in and heading for MLB record books.  Now before y'all yell at me, doing steriods or whatever is NO WHERE NEAR EQUIVALENT to Benoit killing his family, but it's the principal that the WWE has a point where they don't mess around.  Where is MLB in this? They seem to look the other way on cheating and despictable things like that combined w/ drug use. 

Not what I expected.  I hate wrestling (the WWE kind) and cringe whenever Andrew is in the room and those commercials are played during the ballgame.  It's excessively violent and is not what I think young children should be viewing!  Baseball is supposed to be above them and I think I'm seeing the opposite.

Legally, they can't do this to Bonds or McGwire because they never said "I did steroids" (no matter how guilty they may have looked), and until they get ANY evidence that said they definitely did, there's really nothing they can do about it. Now, players who have actually tested positive (like Palmeiro), that's a different story. Canseco DEFINITELY deserves an asterisk.

Keep in mind, performance enhancing drugs have been around a LONG time, and it wasn't until just a few years ago that anyone (fans or the MLB) even cared about it in baseball. It was all about making money and the entertainment of the game. In my belief, any asterisks should be used on those that have been found guilty..and that's it. Otherwise, the media would have too much control over the issue. Testing does the best job of filtering out the cheaters...and that's all we've got right now.

Offline kimnat

good point. Now, if I could just control those commercials!  The channel 20 ones aren't much better, too much sex in the ads for their tv shows.

Offline nats2playoffs

You know what's sad about this.  You have Chris Benoit, likely, going on a roid rampage and killing his family.  WWE erased him from their recordbooks and everything....  But we have Bonds and McGwire in and heading for MLB record books.  Now before y'all yell at me, doing steriods or whatever is NO WHERE NEAR EQUIVALENT to Benoit killing his family, but it's the principal that the WWE has a point where they don't mess around....

You can't be serious.  "Professional" wrestling is RIGGED.  The outcome of each match is predetermined.  They are putting on an elaborate play.  The wrestlers themselves admitted this in a New York civil suit many years ago, and it's been repeatedly confirmed since then.  So there are NO real records at all. 

Offline kimnat

Ugh!  Whatever!  It's still AWFUL!

Offline ronnynat

You can't be serious.  "Professional" wrestling is RIGGED.  The outcome of each match is predetermined.  They are putting on an elaborate play.  The wrestlers themselves admitted this in a New York civil suit many years ago, and it's been repeatedly confirmed since then.  So there are NO real records at all.

Dude, that middle pic/video is pretty badass.

Offline kimnat

That first one is pretty raunchy!

Offline ronnynat

And the 3rd one? lol ..that's just good ole clean wrastlin'

Which means it is fantastic!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
You can't be serious.  "Professional" wrestling is RIGGED.  The outcome of each match is predetermined.  They are putting on an elaborate play.  The wrestlers themselves admitted this in a New York civil suit many years ago, and it's been repeatedly confirmed since then. 

Are you kidding?  This can't be true.