Author Topic: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 2  (Read 21849 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 2
« Reply #425: July 28, 2009, 11:00:12 PM »
nope, please link them, for me.

Ha I still don't know how to do that, but I can cut and paste:

Today, Beimel told me, "It's been fun coming to the field the last couple weeks. Since Riggleman took over, I think you've seen an attitude change in the clubhouse. Guys recognize they have to come in early and do work to get better, and they've been doing that. It's been actually pretty fun. It's been fun to come here, be in every game, and even win a few."

I followed up with a question about the attitude change.

"It's hard to explain," he said. "I don't know if people just got used to losing, and maybe we had that attitude where you just come in and expect to lose. I think with Riggs taking over he's been super-positive, and he's told everybody that without a doubt we're going to turn it around."

"Yeah," I told him, "but Manny was positive, too."

"Right," Beimel said, "but he wasn't a big talker. He talked to us once in a while, but maybe this is what the team needed. We have a short little meeting after every game now whether we win or lose, and maybe guys at first didn't really get it or didn't want to do it. But now I think it's been a pretty positive thing."

Offline PC

« Reply #426: July 28, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »
The Diamondbacks are going to "pass" the Nationals, I'm sure of it.  They're playing the Phillies now (on the one Extra Innings channel I still get) and they are AWFUL!

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #427: July 28, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
Sort of reminds me of Uncle Ricco from Napolean Dynamite

(Image removed from quote.)

This.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #428: July 28, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »
it would suck if they can the whole coaching staff. I know you like for the new manager to pick his own staff but I like some of the guys we have like Listach, McCatty, etc. I wouldn't mind keeping Rig as the bench coach.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #429: July 28, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »
:clap: :clap: Hats off to Balester

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #430: July 28, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »
it would suck if they can the whole coaching staff. I know you like for the new manager to pick his own staff but I like some of the guys we have like Listach, McCatty, etc. I wouldn't mind keeping Rig as the bench coach.

well, the Manager could very well choose to keep those people.

as long as it is the Manager's choice, and it isn't forced on him, I'm cool with it.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #431: July 28, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
Ha I still don't know how to do that, but I can cut and paste:

Today, Beimel told me, "It's been fun coming to the field the last couple weeks. Since Riggleman took over, I think you've seen an attitude change in the clubhouse. Guys recognize they have to come in early and do work to get better, and they've been doing that. It's been actually pretty fun. It's been fun to come here, be in every game, and even win a few."

I followed up with a question about the attitude change.

"It's hard to explain," he said. "I don't know if people just got used to losing, and maybe we had that attitude where you just come in and expect to lose. I think with Riggs taking over he's been super-positive, and he's told everybody that without a doubt we're going to turn it around."

"Yeah," I told him, "but Manny was positive, too."

"Right," Beimel said, "but he wasn't a big talker. He talked to us once in a while, but maybe this is what the team needed. We have a short little meeting after every game now whether we win or lose, and maybe guys at first didn't really get it or didn't want to do it. But now I think it's been a pretty positive thing."

anyone know where this is from? I want a link, before I go post this on Nats Journal for the people still mourning Manny's firing to chew on.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #432: July 28, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »
anyone know where this is from? I want a link, before I go post this on Nats Journal for the people still mourning Manny's firing to chew on.
Harlan

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/07/notes_on_trade_candidates_john.html

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #434: July 28, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
Nathan ties Lintyfresh for 4 consecutive WINS in Gameday Threads started. 
GO FOR 5!

Linty's 4 consecutive wins came after my loss when I decided to man up and make the GD thread for CC Sabathia's start.  He should start the GD thread following my first loss again.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #435: July 28, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »
Nathan ties Lintyfresh for 4 consecutive WINS in Gameday Threads started. 
GO FOR 5!

Great, the new angry baby.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #436: July 28, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
So how do you do that where someone can just click on it?
Just copy the link, it automatically makes it into a link you can click.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #437: July 28, 2009, 11:08:51 PM »
:clap: :clap: Hats off to Balester
Niiiice job by Bally!!  This is what we can expect out of him . He is ready. I am sure he wants that ERA below 4.00 LOL 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #438: July 28, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
Niiiice job by Bally!!  This is what we can expect out of him . He is ready. I am sure he wants that ERA below 4.00 LOL 

Knock back a cold one Spinman :rofl:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #439: July 28, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »
Just copy the link, it automatically makes it into a link you can click.

Hmmm I did that once but it wasn't clickable.  Whatever, your avatar kills me :) 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #440: July 28, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
hahahaha Johnny and Ray looking at the fight between Pat and Dibbs

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #441: July 28, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
nat2playoffs, your picture is as blank as my avatar. :lol:

PC, your avatar should be fireworks, if they keep winning!
Riggleman now at .500?  If he's over .500 for the season, they should keep him in 2010.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #442: July 29, 2009, 02:56:00 AM »
Linty's 4 consecutive wins came after my loss when I decided to man up and make the GD thread for CC Sabathia's start.  He should start the GD thread following my first loss again.

Will do!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #443: July 29, 2009, 06:19:12 AM »

Riggleman now at .500?  If he's over .500 for the season, they should keep him in 2010.

not yet....

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #444: July 29, 2009, 08:02:33 AM »
Dibble just said "frigging" :clap:

Sadly I don't think he'll be back next year.

Sedona is AWESOME.  hot as Hades with 24 furnaces all running at the same time...but still awesome.

Yeah, it's why noone goes there in the summer.

Great, the new angry baby.

John Lannan as a baby when told by a psychic that he's going to grow up and be a baseball player but he'll be play for the Nats who will hardly ever score any runs for him.  :shock:

« Reply #445: July 29, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »
I've touched myself four consecutive nights now. Thanks Nats.

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #446: July 29, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »
Maybe the secret to winning is that I should always watch games on DVR, not live.

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Great start to the game by Morgan. Nice job by Bally. Dunn's homerun was insane  :worship:

So this is how it feels when everything is working for a team at the same time. We haven't had it much this season, but I like. Hope we keep it up a little longer  :icon_mrgreen: