Author Topic: I MISS TFS!!!  (Read 1169 times)

Offline kimnat

I MISS TFS!!!
« Topic Start: August 15, 2007, 10:59:38 PM »
The big little guy is at a week-long cancer kids camp called Camp Fantastic and I really miss him now!  The week has been beautifully quiet.  But I want the kid home now!

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
Re: I MISS TFS!!!
« Reply #1: August 15, 2007, 11:22:25 PM »
aww...

i kinda know what you mean! i left the dog and cat for a week. i was missing them so much. and they are just my pets...

i cant imagine what i would do with a kid!!

natsfan1a

« Reply #2: August 16, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »
awww...when will he get home again? Hope he's having a good time, at least!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #3: August 16, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »
We'll pick him up on Saturday.  By all accounts he's having a blast.  Here's a pic that I copied from their website.  Andrew is 2nd from the left.  The kid 1st on the left is Daniel.  they met at the oncol. ofc back in Nov.  The woman next to Andrew/TFS is Holly Senn, the lead ChildLife person at Inova Fairfax Hosp.  She's tons of fun and the boy really likes her!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

natsfan1a

« Reply #4: August 16, 2007, 12:33:43 PM »
Cute pic. Looks like they're having a blast!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #5: August 16, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »
Yeah, he really is!  How do you like that curly mop on his head?  He had Opie hair (only not red) before chemo.  Now, he has lovely, soft curly hair.  He started to hate it, but I kept telling him that "girls like curls".  He wasn't terribly impressed w/ that at first.  Then last week at the beach, some girls took notice of him and his curls!  Now he likes them!  And he turns 8 next week, but everyone thinks he's already 10 or 11 because he's so big (4'6" and 80 lbs).  So the older girls really like him!

natsfan1a

« Reply #6: August 16, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
Wow, Andrew is big for his age! I wish I had such a curly mop. It's kind of Kearns-esque, I think. My sisters and I all have stick-straight hair, and my brothers have the curly locks. Go figure. That's funny about the girls and the hair.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: August 16, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
Yeah, isn't that a trip.  I have straight hair too.  ANd in this humid weather, it's not even worth styling.  I just pull it back.

natsfan1a

« Reply #8: August 16, 2007, 02:27:13 PM »
I used to do that, too. Now I just have it cut shorter when the weather gets too hot.

Yeah, isn't that a trip.  I have straight hair too.  ANd in this humid weather, it's not even worth styling.  I just pull it back.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: August 16, 2007, 03:10:25 PM »
Lets see sweet young FEMALE Camp Counselor that's a lot of fun.  Hmm, what's not to like?!    ;)

Boys can get crushes at that age.  I went to boarding camp when I was around 12 or 13.  When at Free Swim, one of the 8 year old boys lost his footing and got scared where the pool went from shallow to deep.  I pulled him over to the side of the pool.  He sputtered a little but he was ok.  I taught him how to float and dog paddle.  From that point forward, he was like a puppy!  Followed me around when we weren't in our respective age groupings.  Being 12 or so, I had no interest in 8 year old boys, so it was embarrassing at times  :-[.  Definitely NOT Cool!   :roll:

natsfan1a

« Reply #10: August 16, 2007, 03:14:49 PM »
For some reason, CALSGR8, I always assumed you were male. Cute story!

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #11: August 16, 2007, 03:39:16 PM »
He looks like he is having fun and my hair is almost the same as his...except mine maybe a little curlier  :lol:

nospinzone1

« Reply #12: August 16, 2007, 05:48:53 PM »
ANDREW ROCKS!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #13: August 18, 2007, 05:00:20 PM »
He's HOME!!!  We went out to Front Royal to pick up Andrew this morning.  He had a blast, missed us as much as we missed him though.  I'm so glad to have my boy back home!  And he's really jazzed about being able to go to the game tomorrow.  We'll be in 533, but visiting over around 423 where my dad has seats.

natsfan1a

« Reply #14: August 19, 2007, 08:29:34 AM »
Have fun! Hope that Shawn Hill gives him a "Curly W" as a welcome back!

nospinzone1

« Reply #15: August 19, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
ANDREW FOR PRESIDENT

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: August 19, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
Thanks gang!!  He's soooo happy to be home.  We had "Andrew Day" yesterday to welcome him back.  And he's looking forward to the game today, too!  We'll be leaving for it in about an hour or so.  Take care, see you later & GOOOO NATS!!!