Poll

Which RP do you think will be sent down or axed?

Miguel Batista
30 (55.6%)
Jason Bergmann
19 (35.2%)
Brian Bruney
0 (0%)
Sean Burnett
0 (0%)
Matt Capps
0 (0%)
Tyler Clippard
0 (0%)
Jesse English
3 (5.6%)
Tyler Walker
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Bullpen Survivor - Who's getting voted off the island?  (Read 2872 times)

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
 Can we start a poll also, of what starter will be voted off the island first - my vote goes to Marquis, then Mock........... :pray:

Offline aspenbubba

Can we start a poll also, of what starter will be voted off the island first - my vote goes to Marquis, then Mock........... :pray:
No way in hell that is happening. They have 15 mil invested. They sucked up Kearns, Youngs , Johnsons and now Guzmans contract and they are not throwing that type of money away.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
No way in hell that is happening. They have 15 mil invested. They sucked up Kearns, Youngs , Johnsons and now Guzmans contract and they are not throwing that type of money away.
              When I say voted off, I guess I should clarify - I meant which starter will be send down to the Minors or sent to the Bullpen, first...........................
            And you do know that when Wang and then Strasburg comes on board - starters will change.....

Offline aspenbubba

I still think it will be Mock Stammen (probably to the 'pen) and then Hernandez. First call-ups are Olsen, Wang,Detwiler and then Strasburg. I am figuring that this is the order that the replacements are getting healthy and have done their rehab starts. Stras will probably replace a DL starter sometime in June or later. No need to rush him.

Offline PC

Note that neither Bergmann nor Batista pitched in the last two games. I think that says a lot about their status.

Offline HalfSmokes

I just changed from Capps to Batista, can't they just have bally in long relief- could he possibly be worse? And its not necessarily a waste of a good arm, look at how the dodgers used Kuo the past few years.

Offline aspenbubba

Note that neither Bergmann nor Batista pitched in the last two games. I think that says a lot about their status.
I saw Bergman warming up Wednesday.Nobody is saying that about Batista.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
This thread is absolutely hysterical, it's like a replay of last year.  Pitching coach change, anyone?

Offline xposbrad

is there a way to vote for like 4 or 5 of them at once? I don't think it's fair just to pick one to get booted when there are more than 1 that suck.

Offline xposbrad

Why Marquis wasn't a good signing? come on.. but he's an 'innings eater'. It's not like that money should have been better used on international scouting/signing or anything important like that.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Why Marquis wasn't a good signing? come on.. but he's an 'innings eater'. It's not like that money should have been better used on international scouting/signing or anything important like that.

You'd rather see Aroldis chapman knocked out after .1 innings than English? :roll:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House

But Why ?

Just a reminder, you guys can change your votes if desired.  Just click "remove vote" and then re-vote.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Please, stop being ridiculous

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
I now think Mock should be cut for Livan and wait longer to make the bullpen decision and call up Olsen when Mock's next turn comes up.

Offline blue911

Mock and Bergmann should be aura cuts.

Offline PANatsFan

Mock and Bergmann should be aura cuts.

Sad thing is, Bergmann is improving.

Offline blue911

Sad thing is, Bergmann is improving.

Like there was any other option.

Offline PANatsFan

Like there was any other option.

I think the only thing worse than a granny on your first pitch is knocking yourself unconscious with your windup and then falling on a squirrel and crushing it.

Offline HalfSmokes

You'd rather see Aroldis chapman knocked out after .1 innings than English? :roll:

you're right, I'm sure most GMs would jump at the chance to take English off our hands.

Offline Dave B

Instead of starting a new thread:

I found this in the game story
----------------------
After one inning, Mock came into the dugout and talked to pitching coach Steve McCatty. "My hands are dry," Mock said.

"Hey," McCatty told him, "You've got to find a way."

----------------------

Anybody else think that sound like Lenny Harris "be ready to hit" coaching?

Offline Obed_Marsh

Both McCatty and Mock are flawed. They should both pack for AAA.

Offline aspenbubba

Both McCatty and Mock are flawed. They should both pack for AAA.
This......but I was convinced last night that Batista had sealed his fate with the HR. After that he did all right. I am  thinking that English could use some AAA.  A few postings up someone said that Livian should replace Mock on the roster.Then have Olsen take Mocks next turn and drop one reliever.Not a bad thought and a good topic for discussion.

Remember that scene in Planet of the Apes when the gorilla came in to the human zoo with a hose and started to spray out all the straw, crap and dirt from the cages?

Someone in the organization needs to go into the bullpen with a hose the same way.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
is there a way to vote for like 4 or 5 of them at once? I don't think it's fair just to pick one to get booted when there are more than 1 that suck.

But usually they only demote one at a time, right?  So this is to predict the next one, not all that will follow.  Don't worry, I'm sure this thread will continue actively for quite a while, as long as there is suckitude.    :'(

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Yeah, that Aroldis Chapman guy just sucks. :hammer: