Author Topic: Nationals @ Pirates, Game 2  (Read 14596 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Pirates, Game 2
« Reply #225: August 01, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »
NJ on base 4 times in his Marlins debut.

He just got HBP in the 9th to put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs trailing by 1 run.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #226: August 01, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »
wow, I can't believe he truly gave up on the Nats and is now a Pirates fan.

I have defended AZ in the past because I thought he was a real Nats fan. horrible
You were totally naive to believe that.  He's quite clearly a fan of certain players and not actual teams.

Weren't you paying attention when he gave up on the Falcons and became a Patriots fan?

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #227: August 01, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »
NJ on base 4 times in his Marlins debut.

He just got HBP in the 9th to put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs trailing by 1 run.
:clap: I hope the Marlins make the playoffs.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #228: August 01, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »
this should be good.

Marlins trail 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th against the Cubs. bases loaded and 1 out for Dan Uggla. Marmol is all over the place.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #229: August 01, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
this should be good.

Marlins trail 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th against the Cubs. bases loaded and 1 out for Dan Uggla. Marmol is all over the place.
Uggla K'd and so did Hermida right after him. :bang:

« Reply #230: August 01, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
AZ went to the Bucs? :rofl:

I feel slightly vindicated.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #231: August 01, 2009, 10:59:16 PM »

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #232: August 01, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »
Milledge might have potential and might eventually become a good major league player but he would have never done it with the Nats.  Sometimes players really do just need a change of scenery to work it out.  Maybe since he got traded he has realized he's not gods gift to baseball and will work hard to be a better player.

« Reply #233: August 01, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »
Milledge might have potential and might eventually become a good major league player but he would have never done it with the Nats.  Sometimes players really do just need a change of scenery to work it out.  Maybe since he got traded he has realized he's not gods gift to baseball and will work hard to be a better player.

Didn't he learn that when he got traded from the Mutts?

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #234: August 01, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
At this point AZ is as much of a Nats fan as WPA is.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #235: August 01, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »
 :lmao:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #236: August 01, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
whats with the wpa comment?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #237: August 02, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »
:rofl: Is he (you know who I'm talking about) STILL adhering to that?

That board has lost a ton of people, including the "stay the course, Stan" bunch. The only ones left are the degenerates who post smut in every thread.

« Reply #238: August 02, 2009, 08:07:33 AM »
The only ones left are the degenerates who post smut in every thread.

Yes...I can see that.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #239: August 02, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »
At this point AZ is as much of a Nats fan as WPA is.

How can you say such a thing and think that you're maintaining any credibility whatsoever?

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #240: August 02, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »
How can you say such a thing and think that you're maintaining any credibility whatsoever?

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but both of them quit on this team. I bet both are back next year.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #241: August 02, 2009, 11:25:09 AM »
Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but both of them quit on this team. I bet both are back next year.

WPA has a well established history of leaving for weeks, even months at a time, before coming back when the mood suits her.  For one thing, she has a job that requires total committment for specific projects, including a lot of out of town travel with long hours.  So to imply she's a fair weather fan in my opinion is completely bogus.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #242: August 02, 2009, 11:37:22 AM »
WPA has a well established history of leaving for weeks, even months at a time, before coming back when the mood suits her.  For one thing, she has a job that requires total committment for specific projects, including a lot of out of town travel with long hours.  So to imply she's a fair weather fan in my opinion is completely bogus.

Maybe she should buy more tickets to improve her "fanhood?"    :lol:

:?

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #243: August 02, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »
For one thing, she has a job that requires total commitment for specific projects, including a lot of out of town travel with long hours.

This sounds disturbingly like my job. Damn you for bringing up work when I was slacking on a Sunday. ;)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #244: August 02, 2009, 12:16:11 PM »
that's laughable. she has given up on the team this season whether you will admit it or not.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #245: August 02, 2009, 12:48:08 PM »

that's laughable. she has given up on the team this season whether you will admit it or not.

I've dogged her a couple of times but it's all been jokingly. wpa is NOT a fairweather fan and I'm pretty sure she has NOT quit on this team. Not every Nationals' fan posts here or even has to post on any message board. The reason she isn't here is not because the team sucks and she stopped following them. It's because she is a very positive person and she is so die-hard in her positive belief in the team (even though they don't deserve her optimism) that she can't stand posters ripping the organization in every other post. I can't blame her for not coming here if she doesn't like to read the crap SF and spidernat (:lol:) are always spewing. I agree that she is a little too sensitive and defensive of the organization and that we are all entitled to our opinions on the state of this mess we like to call the Nationals, but it's unfair for some of you to question her fanhood because she is a true Nats fan. She doesn't deserve that.

Sometimes I'm not so sure SF is an actual fan of the Nats or if he is just a fan of a couple of players (I wouldn't be surprised if he did like AZ and switched teams if one of his boys got traded :?) or primarily a fan of the minor league system, not to mention how he hates some of the players on the team and talks crap about them EVERY game.  :?

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #246: August 02, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »
WTF, people are seriously calling wpa a fairweather?  That's absurd.  She was one of the most dedicated fans here.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #247: August 02, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »
spider, you used to rip people all the time for only posting when we were winning. :rofl:

I guess she should root for the team at her own convenience. She or someone else can just start following them again in a few years when they are a winner and act like they were there the whole time. :clap:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #248: August 02, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »
lol @ the concept of a fairweather Nats fan.  When did I miss the sunshine? :rofl:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #249: August 02, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
I guess she should root for the team at her own convenience. She or someone else can just start following them again in a few years when they are a winner and act like they were there the whole time. :clap:

Only you would think that someone who stops posting on a message board is a fairweather fan.