Author Topic: Say nice things in contrast to Gameday posts thread  (Read 750 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Edwin Jackson is a starter and should not have been thrust into a relief role in game 5. I'm sure he would have had a great start in the LCS.

Drew Storen had a tremendous recovery after elbow surgery and has been throwing the ball very well.

Danny Espinosa is a fine fielder and has moderate power.

Ian Desmond had a great defensive season.

Tyler Clippard bore the brunt of everyone's abuse with class and went out on a high note.

Gio Gonzalez won 21 games and had great swing-and-miss stuff.

Davey Johnson went worst-to-first AGAIN and did so with grace and humor.

Jesus Flores handled his demotion with 100% character.

Mike Rizzo constructed a hell of a roster.

Jayson Werth did an admirable job adjusting his game to his devastating wrist injury. How incredible was it that he threw the ball to infield after he broke his wrist?

Craig Stammen had a banner year for a middle/late inning reliever.

Sean Burnett powered through what could be a career-crippling injury.

Ryan Zimmerman is the best 3rd baseman in the league.

Adam LaRoche is one hell of a player and human being.

John Lannan pitched very well in the majors.

Offline PANatsFan

PS Bill Ladson has entertained us for years with his stories.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Nats had a great season.  Went from 80 wins to 98 wins and won the division.  Took the defending champs to a fifth game and had them down to their final strike several times.  Also appear to be set at several positions for another run at it next year. 

Also, DC showed how much of a baseball town it can be with a winning team.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Ross Detwiler has really improved his mental approach. Much more self-confident.

Tyler Moore has been able to prove himself time and time again that he's ready for the majors.

Bryce Harper matured very quickly and has shown a ton of promise. He reinvigorated this ballclub and it'd be hard to imagine the Nats would have done what they had without his callup.

H-Rod was pitching hurt and not mentally breaking down, he has the chance to prove himself again.

Rodger Bernadina, a freaking bench player, got a great nickname and always gets the crowd moving when he's at bat!

I could do this allll day :mg:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
The Nats played well beyond expectations.

Offline PANatsFan

Oh yeah, Roger is a star pinch hitter and 4th outfielder.

I think I already made amends for comments about Bryce and Tyler, and Detwiler has always been a favorite of mine.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Chad Tracy has a great diamond in the rough story, coming from a crap season in the NPB to a stunning season as a PH under Davey's command.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
A Crap Season, or a (Hiroshima) Carp system? ;)

Chad Tracy has a great diamond in the rough story, coming from a crap season in the NPB to a stunning season as a PH under Davey's command.

Offline GburgNatsFan

H-Rod had a physical reason for being obscenely wild.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
H-Rod had a physical reason for being obscenely wild.
Yup. The matter inside his head.

Offline GburgNatsFan

And bone chips in his elbow.

Who knows.

Yup. The matter inside his head.

Offline ernie0326

Looking back after last night's heartache.  Our Washington Nationals are the 2012 NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPIONS!!! Who in the h*** had THAT in their preseason prognostications? They played with heart, grit and passion all season long. In spite of a laundry list of injuries that would have crippled most teams they persevered and got the top spot in the National League.  THAT is something to build on.  Think of what the possibilities are next season WITH a healthy and motivated Stephen Strasburg leading one of the best pitching staffs in the entire Major League! (last night's nightmare notwithstanding) That loss last night will be the fuel that will keep them motivated in 2013 and I for one will be right there to enjoy the ride all the way.

Peace!! ...and GO NATS 2013!!

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
WS or GTFO next year!  My expectations are officially raised!  #natitude2013

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
That loss last night will be the fuel that will keep them motivated in 2013 and I for one will be right there to enjoy the ride all the way.

The most optimistic thoughts I've had today were that the body bag game for the Redskins, and the gone in 60 seconds game for Maryland both helped lay championship foundations.  I'll just keep telling myself that.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Seeing the town go nuts about the Nats for the first time is something I will never forget.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
We have developed one of the best fanbases in baseball.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I really love how some of the players really got pumped about the fan support and wanted to play for the fans.

Offline ernie0326

Oh yeah. I remember the Body Bag Game. My Redskins went up there for that playoff game and TOOK IT TO THEM!! And the sweetest part was they didn't say a single word about it after the game.  They whipped 'em IN THEIR HOUSE and let them STEW on that for a season.  Iggle fans remember the BB Game but they shut up QUICK when you remind them of the playoff game! LOL!

Hopefully, the Nats will get in position to completely erase that bitter taste out their mouths next year and drink some more champagne (for Bryce....apple cider).  **smile**

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Hopefully, the Nats will get in position to completely erase that bitter taste out their mouths next year and drink some more champagne (for Bryce....apple cider).  **smile**

If they win the NL and the world series he'll be 21 by then.

Offline ernie0326

I don't think we need to have any more "Take Back the Park" promotions next season.  We already HAVE!!! (ticket office should just make SURE there are no "slip ups")

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

How did we get this far down the page without singing the praises of Kurt Suzuki?

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
How did we get this far down the page without singing the praises of Kurt Suzuki?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace

Actually, Bryce turns 20 in like 2 or 3 days so in the nlcs and ws next year he'll be able to drink champaigne

Offline ernie0326

Actually, Bryce turns 20 in like 2 or 3 days so in the nlcs and ws next year he'll be able to drink champaigne

Ohhh....yeah that's right! 

BTW....and I'm calling it NOW.  Bryce Harper WILL SIGN a long term contract with the Nats when it's time for that to happen.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
But Harper doesn't un-Mormon at 21 :|