Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103685 times)

Offline kimnat

Yeah, that one was funny!!

Offline Natsinpwc

Although, the one where the guy in the older couple eating pizza (different commercial) reminisces about his younger wife, that's pretty funny.
I thought he was reminiscing about a younger waitress back in the day?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
The Chevy commercial where the woman talks about wifi in the car being the dream.

What possible use could you have for wifi in your crappy car?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The Chevy commercial where the woman talks about wifi in the car being the dream.

Missus and I were talking about her the other day.   Where'd she get that whine?

Offline dracnal

Missus and I were talking about her the other day.   Where'd she get that whine?

I absolutely hated this commercial until I realized the only thing that makes sense.  WiFi is the dream girl must be homeless and now she has her own WiFi hotspot to assist in looking for work while powering her internet surfing resume device via a cigarette lighter adapter.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
If you're carting around kids, there are plenty of uses for it. 

Offline HalfSmokes

pretty sure you still need to pay for a cell connection for it to work, besides, you can just as easily use your phone as a wifi hotspot. I want to know where they find people who could mistake chevy interior trim for Mercedes

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
pretty sure you still need to pay for a cell connection for it to work, besides, you can just as easily use your phone as a wifi hotspot. I want to know where they find people who could mistake chevy interior trim for Mercedes

Yeah, I'm sure. I wonder how much it costs?

Offline HalfSmokes

just looked  onstar subscription + $5 (200 mb)-$50 (5GB) a month depending on data, so if you plan on kids streaming movies in the back seat, it'll probably get expensive fast (3GB an hour for HD netflix)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I want to know where they find people who could mistake chevy interior trim for Mercedes

Maybe they're used to C-Class Mercedes?  Most of those are worse than the crap they put in the Cincinnati Bowties.

Offline mitlen

just looked  onstar subscription + $5 (200 mb)-$50 (5GB) a month depending on data, so if you plan on kids streaming movies in the back seat, it'll probably get expensive fast (3GB an hour for HD netflix)

They can count cars.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
They can count cars.

Play the license plate game :oldy:  :lol:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
The Ocean City commercials and the BMW grandma commercials are pretty good.  But I'm getting tired of them

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
"My Mercedes Benz saved me from running over my illegal housekeeper that's carrying my bastard child since I was distracted playing Candy Crush Saga."

Offline Mathguy

I've had enough of the Chevy commercials with customers foaming at the mouth over having WiFi in the car.  If law enforcement though texting while driving was bad, what about surfing the net while driving ?

Offline Mathguy

Cal - you & your teammates lost more games together than you won together

Offline dracnal

First time just heard that I thought Cal said the only reason they won a ring was because he was part of the team. It's a very fine distinction from part of a team, but I bet deep down that is how he feels.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
...and meanwhile on the radio the Kars4Kids ads just keep on keeping on breeding like bunnies with new musical arrangements oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze make it stop don't the station managements realise they've been exposed as a deceptive charity ohhhh pul-leeeeeeeeeeeeze make it stop make it stop they're coming in the bloody window oh in the name of all that's good make it stop oh the bells the bells....

[Sometime the day will come when I can hear one of their radio ads without my right hand beginning to involuntarily grope toward a bottle of vodka...but that day is not now, nor in the foreseeable future]

Offline mitlen

...and meanwhile on the radio the Kars4Kids ads just keep on keeping on breeding like bunnies with new musical arrangements oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze make it stop don't the station managements realise they've been exposed as a deceptive charity ohhhh pul-leeeeeeeeeeeeze make it stop make it stop they're coming in the bloody window oh in the name of all that's good make it stop oh the bells the bells....

[Sometime the day will come when I can hear one of their radio ads without my right hand beginning to involuntarily grope toward a bottle of vodka...but that day is not now, nor in the foreseeable future]

Management knows.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
And while Kars4Kids continues to grate, out here in radioland it's facing a new contender: the Hard Times Café ads during the Nats broadcasts ('In a world without Hard Times...') that sound like some dirty old man making a post-midnight crank call.

Offline Optics

As soon as I hear the beginning of the Kars 4 Kids I immediately turn my volume down to 0. Seriously, it is the most cringe-worthy commercial I've ever heard.

The Rob Lowe ads were amusing at first but then just got really really weird.

Right now TV wise the worst commercial is those Old Spice ones with the moms all sad about their sons. Its just really creepy.

Offline mitlen

As soon as I hear the beginning of the Kars 4 Kids I immediately turn my volume down to 0. Seriously, it is the most cringe-worthy commercial I've ever heard.

The Rob Lowe ads were amusing at first but then just got really really weird.

Right now TV wise the worst commercial is those Old Spice ones with the moms all sad about their sons. Its just really creepy.

I'm leery of any commercial featuring a woman who dates Mr. Ed.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Looks like they replaced the creepy Colonel Sanders guy from SNL, with a Norm McDonald from SNL Colonel Sanders.

Not a quantum leap, but an improvement nonetheless...

Offline Mathguy

I'm really getting sick of that Verizon commercial with the 3 girlfriends, where one accuses a potential boyfriend of being a married man.

Offline Dave B

Those panera commercials. Annoying narrator. Ridiculous topic. People eating salads like jerks. Just freaking stuffing their faces