Author Topic: Nationals @ Astros, Game 1  (Read 24877 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Nationals vs Astros, Game 1
« Reply #525: May 06, 2008, 11:08:46 PM »
It'll be two straight losses when Roy Oswalt makes us look like a little league team tomorrow.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #526: May 06, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »
I love it that the censor option is on these boards.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #527: May 06, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
Let's not forget another thing that cost us BIG. Stupid ass Saul Rivera trying that stupid ass ******* move that never works and giving a horrible umpire the chance to make that call.

That stupid move along with all the stupid step offs and worthless throws to first are all called by the bench.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #528: May 06, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »
I really wish I hadn't watched this.  Now I'm not going to be able to go to sleep for 3 or 4 hours. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #529: May 06, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »
Seriously, I've seen that move tried a thousand times, and it has never done anything,

I've seen it work. The last time it worked was the same night of Halley's Comet but I want to know if Rivera did that on his own or if Acta was insisting they keep trying it and called it from the dugout. If so he has to be challenged on a bad decision.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #530: May 06, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »
BIG EARS GIVETH AND TAKETH AWAY!

GIVETH WITH THE HOMER, AND TAKETH AWAY WITH THE DUMB-ASS DIVE!

:clap:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #531: May 06, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
Let's not forget another thing that cost us BIG. Stupid ass Saul Rivera trying that stupid ass freaking move that never works and giving a horrible umpire the chance to make that call.
Definitely.  I'm sick of our stupid-ass pitchers trying that cute crap with pick-off throws.  How many times have any Nats pitchers in the past two years, aside from Simontacchi, successfully picked off baserunners?  These dumbasses need to concentrate on the guys at the plate.  There's no point in holding baserunners when you have worthless Lo Duca behind the plate, anyway.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #532: May 06, 2008, 11:10:19 PM »
Everyone take a deep breath...change the channel to CW (if you have it)..and watch some Family Guy. Well, it always helps me.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #533: May 06, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »
I love it that the censor option is on these boards.
I love the ignore option as well.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #534: May 06, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Nieves tells him to be smart on an 0-2 count and he leaves it over the plate in 2 ABs in a row. 

I would laugh but tonight's loss was no laughing matter. And to think that I couldn't wait for this game after waiting over 48 hours for a Nats game :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #535: May 06, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »
I would laugh but tonight's loss was no laughing matter. And to think that I couldn't wait for this game after waiting over 48 hours for a Nats game :?
You didn't see Nieves point to his head to signal to Ayala to be smart and not give him anything to hit because the count was 0-2? Nieves even positioned himself way outside the plate but Ayala just freaked it up and threw it across the plate in the wrong situation.  Throw the ball in the freaking dirt or over his head for goodness sake.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #536: May 06, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »
Ayala looks sharp
I can't believe I said this.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #537: May 06, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
That stupid move along with all the stupid step offs and worthless throws to first are all called by the bench.

That was my point. Acta has to be taken to task for that stupidity. Berkman had a great game but we gave away this game. 4 of their runs were due to mental mistakes and fielding errors or bad judgment.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #538: May 06, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
I love the ignore option as well.
Yeah?  So use it and don't respond.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #539: May 06, 2008, 11:13:33 PM »
That was my point. Acta has to be taken to task for that stupidity. Berkman had a great game but we gave away this game. 4 of their runs were due to mental mistakes and fielding errors or bad judgment.

Agreed. Manny managed this game horribly.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #540: May 06, 2008, 11:13:46 PM »
You didn't see Nieves point to his head to signal to Ayala to be smart and not give him anything to hit because the count was 0-2? Nieves even positioned himself way outside the plate but Ayala just freaked it up and threw it across the plate in the wrong situation.  Throw the ball in the freaking dirt or over his head for goodness sake.

I saw that. I meant that if LoDuca had been behind the plate you would've blamed him for calling that pitch :?

I can't believe I said this.

QFT

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #541: May 06, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
How lucky ass were the Stros tonight though? I know most here don't believe in luck but that was ridiculous tonight.  Between the ump freaking us in the ass and oodles of broken bat blooper hits (Tejada's bull crap 2-out blooper up the middle was killer). 

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #542: May 06, 2008, 11:14:26 PM »
Everyone take a deep breath...change the channel to CW (if you have it)..and watch some Family Guy. Well, it always helps me.
I'm actually watching the postgame for a bit before going to bed.  Gotta love Ray Knight not agreeing with the balk.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #543: May 06, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »
Agreed. Manny managed this game horribly.
And his post game comments will be the same dumbass patient crap.   He seems to have no sense of urgency

Offline spidernat

« Reply #544: May 06, 2008, 11:14:35 PM »
Yeah?  So use it and don't respond.

I don't think he meant that about you, especially since he quoted you :?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #545: May 06, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »
minute maid park = worst ballpark in baseball.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #546: May 06, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »
minutemaid park = worst ballpark in baseball.
Well, the Nats hit 3 home runs there tonight and still couldn't win.  Good teams win in ballparks like these.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #547: May 06, 2008, 11:18:13 PM »
Let's face it, we need a player like Berkman that can make things happen around him in the middle of the lineup. No matter what people want to say about Zimmerman he is NOT that caliber of hitter right now. Then other team's fans can wish our player could be dropped into a vat of boiling oil :lol:

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #548: May 06, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
minute maid park = worst ballpark in baseball.
It is a joke, isn't it?

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #549: May 06, 2008, 11:19:29 PM »
How lucky ass were the Stros tonight though? I know most here don't believe in luck but that was ridiculous tonight.  Between the ump ******* us in the ass and oodles of broken bat blooper hits (Tejada's bull **** 2-out blooper up the middle was killer). 

I agree that they were lucky to the degree that they didn't win it as much as the Nats simply giving it away. They certainly got their share of lucky breaks, but that ends up really mattering when you have so many mistakes made by the opposition. 7 walks + poor defense should have been enough for the Stros to blow this game wide open. But they had to rely upon the Nats bending over even more and the ump really dicking the Nats.