Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 23098 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #550: April 19, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
or since everyone seems to have a complaint about the gameday threads, we can just delete the gameday section, and you all can handle it on your own.

we tried that at first, and we ended up with no game thread on most days.

but if that's what you people want.

Why would it have to be one or the other? Isn't it the best idea to satisfy the majority? I mean, the people that actually TAKE PART in the GD threads?

MrMadison

« Reply #551: April 19, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »
Why would it have to be one or the other? Isn't it the best idea to satisfy the majority? I mean, the people that actually TAKE PART in the GD threads?
well, I'm betting 2k6 would take part in the GD threads if you all didn't scapegoat him and turn all your angst on him, as if it is his fault the team sucks ass.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #552: April 19, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
well, I'm betting 2k6 would take part in the GD threads if you all didn't scapegoat him and turn all your angst on him, as if it is his fault the team sucks ass.

I know you're defending your fellow mod here, but I'm not being anti-mod. And this isn't about superstition, either. I just think the best idea is to keep members more involved if that's what they actually want. I would think a mod would want that as well.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #553: April 19, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »
Let AirZimmerman take control of the gameday threads.  That'd be a sight for sore eyes.
All posts reporting recorded outs by Belliard and Dukes will undergo strange disappearances.

Actually, if AZ did it, Belliard and Dukes would be listed as starters, whether or not they're actually in the lineup.

We lost the last time I started a GameThread (last season), so I didn't start another one.  If we want to defy superstitions, then we will have to kill a black cat before every game.

MrMadison

« Reply #554: April 19, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »
I know you're defending your fellow mod here, but I'm not being anti-mod. And this isn't about superstition, either. I just think the best idea is to keep members more involved if that's what they actually want. I would think a mod would want that as well.
I'm not defending my fellow mod. I'm defending a poster. if it were you or sportsfan, or whoever else, I'd be taking the same stance.

sportsfan just wants someone he can scream at when he goes on his little temper tantrums. and the rest of you just join in for whatever reason.

I'm saying scream at the team, not the posters.

I'm not sure how much more plainly I can state this.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #555: April 19, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
Actually, if AZ did it, Belliard and Dukes would be listed as starters, whether or not they're actually in the lineup.

(Image removed from quote.)

We lost the last time I started a GameThread (last season), so I didn't start another one.  If we want to defy superstitions, they we will have to kill a black cat before every game.
(Image removed from quote.)
The Nats have won the last 4 times I have started a GameThread dating back to the end of last year.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #556: April 19, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »

lol, now that was funny. i like n2p, he's one of my favorite fellow posters.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #557: April 19, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »
I'm not defending my fellow mod. I'm defending a poster. if it were you or sportsfan, or whoever else, I'd be taking the same stance.

sportsfan just wants someone he can scream at when he goes on his little temper tantrums. and the rest of you just join in for whatever reason.

I'm saying scream at the team, not the posters.

I'm not sure how much more plainly I can state this.

I'm not defending sportsfan here. I just think, in his own weird way, he brought up a good point. And that point is: Why not let other people start GD threads? It's not tough. It's not something you can really mess up. And if you do, you can always edit it. It's just not a big deal. Like I said before, letting more members get involved on a message board - where it doesn't actually hurt the board - can ONLY be a good thing.

But I know 2k6 likes doing it, so I'm going to let it go now. :D

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #558: April 19, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »
wow, 11 straight l's for 2k6.

i pledge to sign the petition for free, friendly, no permission needed, one loss and your done, game day thread starting!

lets make this movement happen, starting tomorrow!

MrMadison

« Reply #559: April 19, 2008, 11:20:16 PM »
Just to be clear here:

I'm NOT defending 2k6's right to post the Gameday Thread. On that, I don't really care because I'm too lazy to start the threads myself anyway.

I'm defending his right to not be made a scapegoat for a team that simply isn't good.

there are plenty of people responsible for the lack of quality in this baseball team, and 2k6 is not one of them.  Nor is anyone else who posts on this board.

superstition or not, no poster deserves what 2k6 is getting from you guys.

Not even AZ.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #560: April 19, 2008, 11:20:49 PM »
lol, now that was funny. i like n2p, he's one of my favorite fellow posters.
I was hoping something like that would follow my post.  Funniest guy around.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #561: April 19, 2008, 11:32:25 PM »
...Why not let other people start GD threads?

2k6nats described it pretty accurately before.  Someone else had been starting the GameDay Threads, and he kept doing it when they forgot.  A LOT.  He did it so often that it became easier to rely on him to make sure they were there, so they finally made him a Moderator for that purpose.  (He wasn't a Mod before.)  I think he likes doing it because it brings him closer to the team, since he lives up in Yankees territory or something.  Most of us can attend the games, but he can't.

But we've lost 10 straight games...  He should start a thread on Baseball Superstitions, just to see how many WACKY things millionaire players do EVERY DAY.  They all know deep inside that it's absolutely crazy to do those things, but they just can't help it. 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #562: April 19, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »
This is the only part that confuses me. You DIDN'T do them every day last season. Not even close. But if you feel it's your "job"....

I do have a life outside of the forum, and that life sometimes conflicts (and did last year) with making Gameday Threads.