Author Topic: Harper #3 Overall Prospect  (Read 7429 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Re: Harper #3 Overall Prospect
« Reply #75: January 27, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »
that quote was from before he was in the majors, so posey hype isn't a comp. Has anyone really called Harper the best hitting Prospect of All time (by anyone I mean Goldstein, Mayo, Law, not random bloggers)?
I'm not going to bother even trying to dig up the various articles where I have heard scouts who had watched him making that speculation but I'll go ahead and give you a link to the one article I did dig up with ease.

http://www.masnsports.com/byron_kerr/2011/01/nats-top-prospects-no-1-bryce-harper.html

Byron Kerr interviewed Aaron Fitt from Baseball America on all of the Nats Top 10 prospects.  This is what he had to say about Harper.

"We kind of regard him as the most hyped, certainly, and maybe the best amateur hitting prospect ever," Fitt said. "That was a year after the Nationals got the most hyped and maybe the best pitching prospect in the draft ever in (Stephen) Strasburg.

"It is ridiculous to have back-to-back years to get that kind of player. In each case, it is a guy with almost once-in-a-generation talent entering your system. Harper is special, he really is. It is almost impossible to overstate how much potential this guy has."