Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103696 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Holy crap... just holy crap.

So you see the resemblance too?  Chief didn't until I mentioned it, was wondering if it was just me.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Heck yes, I see it, but only after you pointed it out. Other baseball fans in my household were equally struck by it. My wife wondered if Geico did it on purpose.

The commercial is pretty funny, too... "so gross...."

So you see the resemblance too?  Chief didn't until I mentioned it, was wondering if it was just me.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Okay, new favorite hate-on: The Target commercial with those acrobatic idiots wearing the barfy colored suits jumping out of a hot air balloon and leaping and bounding through town making everything look like crap.

Offline PC

My new favorite commercial:  :mg:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I think you posted that in the wrong thread :lol:

Offline Nathan

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Right now one of the ones that gets my blood boiling is that car commercial (audi?) where the people in the car are singing allong with the '80s Spandau Ballet song "True". Not sure if its because of the song or just the stupidity of the commercial.
 :asplode:
Also the VW commercial where the sales guy is giving directions during the test drive and makes the guy stop at a billboard for VW and says "I wonder where that came from". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHH!

Offline The Chief

All of the Mio CG animal commercials.

Offline The Chief

Scratch that.

All of the Google+ commercials.  You failed again, Google.  Give it up.

Offline Nathan

All of the Mio CG animal commercials.

I don't even understand those.  Like seriously, a douche-bag cheetah and a muscled up rhino and retarded antelope or some crap.  BUY MIO!

Wut?

Offline The Chief

Yeah they've got a new one with a bunch of chick-animals...  a giraffe, a rhino, a camel, and a deer or something.  So stupid.

Offline PC

Yeah they've got a new one with a bunch of chick-animals...  a giraffe, a rhino, a camel, and a deer or something.  So stupid.

Gazelle. The dirty hyena is just mentioned.

Offline The Chief

Gazelle. The dirty hyena is just mentioned.

No that's the old one.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Some of these March Madness commercials are driving me batcrap.  That one with Spandau Ballet  :asplode:

"He did this all the way there"

It's better than your singing, you crapheel!  :hang:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
This much is true, all right.  Spandau Ballet is being used in a commercial just to annoy the heck out of every vertebrate.  It's an ad strategy which just makes me want to take a key to the finish of every one of those cars.  Unfortunately, I can't remember what the car is because I am so quick to flip away from that commercial.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I found out what it was - Chevy Malibu Eco.  The environmental hippie in me wants you to leave those cars alone, but everything else in me says RELEASE THE KRAKEN ON THOSE MOTHER freakERS

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Damn, so you must have been the one other person that ever saw 'Clash of the Titans'!  :shock:

Why did you have on a raincoat?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Im sick of the one where a guy hires middle school girls to follow him around EWWW SERIOUSLY SO GROSS!

Offline Nathan

Im sick of the one where a guy hires middle school girls to follow him around EWWW SERIOUSLY SO GROSS!

That's the one where the guy looks like an older chubbier Ryan Zimmerman!

Offline Nathan

The hoppah.  Hoppah.  The HOPPAH.  HOPPAH!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

The old guy in the basement yells, "Shut up!"    That one?    :)

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

Ugh.

It started with a whisper...

Offline PC

The Geico commercials get more and more moronic.  Now they have a campaign with people doing taste tests in a supermarket.  They're drinking Geico to see if they like it.

Offline Nathan

The Geico commercials get more and more moronic.  Now they have a campaign with people doing taste tests in a supermarket.  They're drinking Geico to see if they like it.

Yeah, I usually think they are at least kind of humorous, but the drinking one is so damn stupid.  Plus, if it is real people and it really is that horrible tasting, I'd be all like

to the douche guy serving it.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
API-sponsored commercials.