Author Topic: AA & AAA Rotations  (Read 1234 times)

Offline sportsfan882

AA & AAA Rotations
« Topic Start: March 30, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »
We have all of these pitchers and only 10 rotation spots. How is it going to shake out?

AAA
-Collin Balester
-Tyler Clippard
-Mike O'Connor
-Craig Stammen
-Marco Estrada (will he switch to reliever full-time?)
-Josh Towers
-Kip Wells
-Gustavo Chacin
-J.D. Martin

AA
-Justin Jones
-Cory VanAllen
-Ross Detwiler
-Adrian Alaniz
-Bobby Brownlie
-Luis Atilano
-Zack Segovia

Offline JMUalumni

Re: AA & AAA Rotations
« Reply #1: March 30, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
I don't know what is going to happen at AAA, that will probably be more clear after they make some moves.  I would guess that Balestar, Clippard, Stammen are all apart of the Syracuse rotation.  Estrada will probably get moved to the pen full-time.

At AA, I have a feeling that Detwiler starts the year at Potomac.  VanAllen, Alaniz, Atilano, and Brownlie will probably all get spots.  If it came down to Segovia or Jones, I would say Jones gets the last spot.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: March 30, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »
I don't know what is going to happen at AAA, that will probably be more clear after they make some moves.  I would guess that Balestar, Clippard, Stammen are all apart of the Syracuse rotation.  Estrada will probably get moved to the pen full-time.

At AA, I have a feeling that Detwiler starts the year at Potomac.  VanAllen, Alaniz, Atilano, and Brownlie will probably all get spots.  If it came down to Segovia or Jones, I would say Jones gets the last spot.
I don't know if it means much but when you go to the roster page on the Harrisburg Senators' site it has Detwiler's name listed there.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #3: March 30, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »
I don't know if it means much but when you go to the roster page on the Harrisburg Senators' site it has Detwiler's name listed there.

I mean, I think he deserves to start the season at Harrisburg, but it might make more sense to let him get a few games in at Potomac and then move him up the ladder.  He might start at AA, he might not.  Either way, he will be in Harrisburg by May.

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #4: March 30, 2009, 01:40:38 PM »
When the Nationals made the move on Detwiler they optioned him to Harrisburg. MLB and MiLB.coms are now under the same umbrellla so Detwiler is there per the roster move. That doesn't mean he'll stick there, he could just as easily be moved back to Potomac once everything shakes out.

There are going to be quite a few guys released in the next couple of days because they have far too many bodies for the available roster spots. Minor league DL will take care of a few but I would not be surprised to see a few of those guys you listed move elsewhere.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #5: March 30, 2009, 10:11:11 PM »
At the AAA level, I think Wells, O'Connor and Estrada could be part of the pen.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #6: March 31, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Stammen made a strong statement today.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: April 01, 2009, 12:29:58 PM »
At the AAA level, I think Wells, O'Connor and Estrada could be part of the pen.

O'Connor was a dominant starter in AAA last year, you think they'd move him to the 'pen to try to find a way to the majors for him, or to make room for other starters they are grooming?  Or something else?

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #8: April 01, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »
I have heard that O'Connor is going to be a starter

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #9: April 01, 2009, 12:58:54 PM »
O'Connor was a dominant starter in AAA last year, you think they'd move him to the 'pen to try to find a way to the majors for him, or to make room for other starters they are grooming?  Or something else?
O'Connor is never going to make it as a starter in the bigs. If he wants to make it to the Majors again he better go to the pen.

Estrada should be a starter again.