Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer (2008-2013)  (Read 158404 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #375: April 02, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/04/the_beer_at_nats_park_this_sea.html

Thought you might be interested in what's served at NATS PARK this year.

Great!  Plenty of new ones for me to try, plus a few old friends. 

Bottles: Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Bell's Oberon American Wheat Ale, Harpoon Summer Ale.

Draft: Peroni, Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Bell's Kalamazoo Stout, Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale, Southampton Triple Abby Style Ale, Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen, Williamsburg Tavern Brown Ale, Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #376: April 02, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »
HOLY crap !  Dogfish 90 Minute on tap !!!  So much for those new seats we got in Section 117.  I may never get out of the Red Porch.  But really, we can only hope there will be similar variety around the park.

Poor 2IPA's.  She's hoping the DC Sports Bog's list has a typo and it's really the Dogfish 60 Minute.  Please offer her your sympathy, condolences, and understanding to her.  She may find herself replaying every one of our 25+ games to me on the Orange Line on the way home each night.

But for us, it all starts on Saturday.  I promise WNFF a complete inventory of the taps around the park.  So if anyone's interested in taps outside there seats, post you section numbers and I'll do some research.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/04/the_beer_at_nats_park_this_sea.html

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #377: April 05, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »
Well, it's true - the Red Porch has some great beers on tap, such as the Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.  But I didn't see any good beers anywhere else but in the Red Porch.  The Red Loft had the same old crap from last year, as did all the beer stands we saw on the main concourse.

« Reply #378: April 05, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
Well, it's true - the Red Porch has some great beers on tap, such as the Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.  But I didn't see any good beers anywhere else but in the Red Porch.  The Red Loft had the same old crap from last year, as did all the beer stands we saw on the main concourse.

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout... that just sounds interesting. What is it like?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #379: April 05, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
Are there still crab pretzels?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #380: April 05, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »

last year there were decent beers scattered throughout, if that's gone its sad. Then again I consider Hook and Ladder to be a good beer, so maybe my standards aren't high enough.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #381: April 05, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
What we saw on the first level, 3rd base side is Heineken, Dos Equis, and the array of Millar products (Blue Moon, Leinekin (sp ?), Miller Lie, etc).  None of these were good enough for my tastes, but the Red Porch beers were GREAT.

last year there were decent beers scattered throughout, if that's gone its sad. Then again I consider Hook and Ladder to be a good beer, so maybe my standards aren't high enough.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #382: April 05, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »
I seem to remember NOTLD likes Young's Chocolate Stoudt.  Bell's isn't as much chocolate, but very creamy and far better than Guiness.  I mixed it with the Dogfish 90 minute IPA (ok - so I'm a bastard - that's Mr. Bastard to you).  All I can say is 2IPAs and I know this will be our 7th inning beer for each game.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #383: April 05, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
What we saw on the first level, 3rd base side is Heineken, Dos Equis, and the array of Millar products (Blue Moon, Leinekin (sp ?), Miller Lie, etc).  None of these were good enough for my tastes, but the Red Porch beers were GREAT.

Damn Miller, first they block Cap Brewery's Beer Garden now they get rid of the good beer. Speaking of Miller, is there a worse beer, more flavor is only a good thing if it doesn't taste like dog crap

« Reply #384: April 05, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
I seem to remember NOTLD likes Young's Chocolate Stoudt.  Bell's isn't as much chocolate, but very creamy and far better than Guiness.  I mixed it with the Dogfish 90 minute IPA (ok - so I'm a bastard - that's Mr. Bastard to you).  All I can say is 2IPAs and I know this will be our 7th inning beer for each game.

I like both Young's and Guinness. This sounds up my alley. Where in the Park do you get it? It will probably be one of the first beers I try this season.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #385: April 05, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »

i might have to pick some up. i think i've seen it at marvelous market (can't believe i just admitted to patronizing that place)

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #386: April 05, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »
Out in left center field area, there's the Red Porch on the main level and the Red Loft right above it.  The good beers are in the Red Porch.  It's a small bar/restaurant, but anyone can buy beer there and take it to the seats.

I like both Young's and Guinness. This sounds up my alley. Where in the Park do you get it? It will probably be one of the first beers I try this season.

« Reply #387: April 05, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »
Out in left center field area, there's the Red Porch on the main level and the Red Loft right above it.  The good beers are in the Red Porch.  It's a small bar/restaurant, but anyone can buy beer there and take it to the seats.

Sold.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #388: April 05, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »
I've been drinking Harp in recent months = awesome.

I'm still a Miller Lite guy and that will never change.  But during this summer I'll be rotating Harp, Sam Adams Summer Ale, ML and probably some pale ales. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #389: April 05, 2009, 09:37:09 PM »
Watch it; I found many a night years ago that Harp will leave you totally wasted and you can't figure out why? It must have been that 12th one.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #390: April 05, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »
I've been drinking Harp in recent months = awesome.

I'm still a Miller Lite guy and that will never change.  But during this summer I'll be rotating Harp, Sam Adams Summer Ale, ML and probably some pale ales. 

Harp tastes good but it's WAY over priced for a regular lager mass produced in the US.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #391: April 05, 2009, 11:28:54 PM »
Bell's is good stuff.  There are usually kegs of it at Eagles tailgates at DC United games, and they have been for the most part excellent.  On Saturday it was the porter, which was a hell of a nice beer.

« Reply #392: April 06, 2009, 04:12:56 AM »
Harp. *GAG*

A friend of mine bought a six pack of this on the cheap one night and neither of us could get into it.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #393: April 07, 2009, 01:26:54 PM »
Bell's is good stuff.  There are usually kegs of it at Eagles tailgates at DC United games, and they have been for the most part excellent.  On Saturday it was the porter, which was a hell of a nice beer.

There's a Bell's Oberon event from 5-8 tonight at Union Jack's in Ballston. I think the featured beer is Oberon, and I will have to walk right by the place on my way home tonight. Temptation abounds!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #394: April 07, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »
The Washington Nationals - Official Sponsor of Beer.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #395: April 07, 2009, 01:29:30 PM »
The Washington Nationals - Official Sponsor of Beer.
Hey, we have our priorities!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #396: April 07, 2009, 01:52:54 PM »
Hey, we have our priorities!

In all seriousness, it would be interesting to see a comparison of alcohol sales figures at all 30 ballparks.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #397: April 08, 2009, 12:31:02 AM »
i only get harp @ bars, better out there.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #398: April 14, 2009, 07:37:14 AM »
Did anyone try any of the great beers in the Red porch on Opening day ?

Offline blue911

« Reply #399: April 14, 2009, 09:04:06 AM »
Did anyone try any of the great beers in the Red porch on Opening day ?

Bell's had one let the Turtle have a sip. He went and drank the keg dry. They never replaced the keg  :panic:

Had two 90 minutes, so I guess that a 3 hour, anyway they were nice.  :glug: :glug: