Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 2  (Read 29551 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 2
« Reply #550: June 13, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »
Where does this rank among greatest wins this year?
That could be my 2nd favorite Nats win EVER, the first being the Z-man walk-off against the Yanks.

ORIOLES = LAST PLACE TEAM :rofl:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #551: June 13, 2007, 11:10:42 PM »
BIG UPS FOR FELIPE TONIGHT! ... Great to see him totally bust out ...

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #552: June 13, 2007, 11:11:40 PM »
Brian Kerr is interviewing Ryan Langerhans.  Somebody tell him that his dad is now REQUIRED to attend ALL Nationals games, since he homers with his dad present!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Atlanta, for having no faith in this good guy!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #553: June 13, 2007, 11:12:10 PM »
This gameday thread has been the third-biggest thread of all-time.  And the Nats pulled it out at the end.  Now we get to try 28-37 on for size.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #554: June 13, 2007, 11:12:24 PM »
That could be my 2nd favorite Nats win EVER, the first being the Z-man walk-off against the Yanks.

This reminds me of the 2005 win against the Cubs - blew a lead in the 9th, blew another lead in the 11th  ... and won anyway ... this ranks right up there with that ...

My list
Zim's walk off against the Yankees
Ramon's no/no into the 9th against the Cardinals
Nats comeback from 7 runs down to the Yankees
Zim's walk off against the Marlins
12th inning win against the cubbies in 05
Tonight's win ... right up there ...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #555: June 13, 2007, 11:13:34 PM »
This reminds me of the 2005 win against the Cubs - blew a lead in the 9th, blew another lead in the 11th  ... and won anyway ... this ranks right up there with that ...

My list
Zim's walk off against the Yankees
Ramon's no/no into the 9th against the Cardinals
Nats comeback from 7 runs down to the Yankees
Zim's walk off against the Marlins
12th inning win against the cubbies in 05
Tonight's win ... right up there ...

Hell of a list, can remember them all completely.

That's probably a good thing about a new, last-place team: you can remember all of their awesome victories.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #556: June 13, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »

This is definitely one of the best games of this season.  Had we lost it though it would have been one of the worse.  Winning games like this is a great feeling and losing them sucks big time.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #557: June 13, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

This year, I'd put it in the top ten, maybe in the top five. We've had a lot of great walk off wins and outstanding efforts this season.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #558: June 13, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
Don't you just love seeing all those curly-Ws on the gameday thread list?  :pimp:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #559: June 13, 2007, 11:23:43 PM »
I would add to the list the string of 5 games last year that the Nats came back to win games from the 7th inning on ... was an MLB record if I remember correctly

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #560: June 13, 2007, 11:25:22 PM »
Don't you just love seeing all those curly-Ws on the gameday thread list?  :pimp:

Two words: Lenny Harris.

9-25 without.
19-12 with.

I thought it was just a fluke, because I thought things had averaged out, but it's still a huge difference.

« Reply #561: June 13, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »
Fantastic well fought out win tonight. 

I am so thankful that I am a Nats fan.  We might be last in the NL East but Nats fans remain upbeat and enjoy the game.

You go over on the O's message boards and I have never seen such a depressed bunch of fans in my life.  They truly hang their heads in shame and know that due to who runs that team, there really isn't any hope for years to come.  O's = Cubs 2?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #562: June 13, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »
And this thread is now #2 all-time.

We might be last in the NL East but Nats fans remain upbeat and enjoy the game.

I wouldn't phrase it quite like that.  Personally, I think the good thing about our fans is that they're passionate about building a team for the future, and also caring about the team now.  I believe Nats fans have struck a good balance.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #563: June 13, 2007, 11:28:54 PM »
Fantastic well fought out win tonight. 

I am so thankful that I am a Nats fan.  We might be last in the NL East but Nats fans remain upbeat and enjoy the game.

You go over on the O's message boards and I have never seen such a depressed bunch of fans in my life.  They truly hang their heads in shame and know that due to who runs that team, there really isn't any hope for years to come.  O's = Cubs 2?

While I loathe and despise angelos and everything he stands for - I don't really hate on the O's I was a fan by default after my beloved Senators left (was an unabashed Tobey Harrah fan) - I loved Cal Ripken -  I think what's happened to that franchise is just a disgrace - they really have no future and no hope - I feel bad for their fans ... though of course I am DELIGHTED that the Nats won tonight ...