Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 47094 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #350: September 01, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »
There were 2 outs. A 3 run lead is only a save situations with fewer than 3 outs in an inning or with a runner on base that forces the tying run to the on deck circle.

Ah, I got ya. You're right.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #351: September 01, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
Redding with his 10th victory of the season today. Crazy. I'd like to see Lannan get to 10 too, he needs two more.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #352: September 01, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
Is Redding packing a lip in his interview?

Offline daveb32

« Reply #353: September 01, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »
Zimmerman has been A LOT better with pitch recognition and only swinging at balls in the strike zone since his July 22nd return. He's hitting .318 with 18 walks and 21 strikeouts since the injury compared to .245 with 9 walks and 38 strikeouts. I think he has really brought a lot of confidence that the other players have been feeding off.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #354: September 01, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »
7 GAME WINNING STREAK, THE NATS ARE UNSTOPPABLE!

looks like Zimmerman is regaining power, he's recently hit two colossal blasts! his offense is only going to improve and his glove will always remain the best in baseball.

Dukes seems to be grimacing a lot, i'm concerned.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #355: September 01, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »
the only downside of beating up on the Phillies is we help the hated Mutts.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #356: September 01, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
Dukes seems to be grimacing a lot, i'm concerned.

I have been noticing this in the last couple games as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got shut down early this season.  He just needs to rest and heal up over the off-season.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #357: September 01, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »
Redding with his 10th victory of the season today. Crazy. I'd like to see Lannan get to 10 too, he needs two more.

NO Nationals pitcher had 10 wins in 2007.  (Rauch had 8 wins.)
In 2006, Ramon Ortiz (11-16) was the only pitcher with 10 wins.
In 2005, Livan Hernandez won 15 and Estaban Loaiza won 12.

With Lannan at 8-12, we could be stacked with a nice pair of 10-win pitchers in 2008.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #358: September 01, 2008, 06:46:44 PM »
Zim deserves the gold glove. He won't get it because we're the Nats but he deserves it. I'll croak if that dumb nag David Wright gets it again.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #359: September 01, 2008, 07:19:59 PM »
Zim deserves the gold glove. He won't get it because we're the Nats but he deserves it. I'll croak if that dumb ***** David Wright gets it again.

only thing preventing Zimm from winning a gold glove this yr is the missed games. Zimm should have the gold glove on lock for the foreseeable future. although, i don't need a gold glove to validate the FACT that Zimmerman is the uncontested best defensive 3b in baseball.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #360: September 01, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »
What's our record since Dukes came back? Even though I know we can't give too much credit to one player, I know we've done well since his return. It's a team effort on the overall. I have no doubt that Eckstein has at least a little to do w/ it, but even our pitching has been solid throughout the winning streak (not counting Bergmann's last outing).
Also, as of before this game we're something like 8-1 when Bonifacio has more than one hit in a game.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #361: September 01, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »
Is this really only the second 7+ game winning streak in Nationals' history?
If only the occasion were as jubilant as the first one. Now we're just running away from Stephen Strasburg and a shot at the record books.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #362: September 01, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »
Happy to get a great win today, but I was going crazy at the ballpark over the ridiculously dreadful performance of the rookie relief pitching, not to mention the decisions on said relief pitching. This has been going on all year with our pitchers. When will these guys (players and coaches alike) learn that walks kill and you have to stay ahead of pitchers and throw strikes. We have too many pitchers who are afraid to give up hits and are too afraid to stay agressive with batters. Baseball has some simple math involved. Don't walk people and let the other team walk you and you will win over the long haul. The best hitters get a hit 3 out of 10 times, the worst 2 out of 10 times. The difference comes with all the free passes and mistakes because pitchers are afraid to get batters out with strikes. The Phillies pinch hit Pedro Feliz and you would have thought Babe Ruth came off the bench. What we witnessed today was inexcusable, especially given the lead we had and the team we were facing. It was ridiculous to come so close to literally giving this game away.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #363: September 01, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
Zim deserves the gold glove. He won't get it because we're the Nats but he deserves it. I'll croak if that dumb nag David Wright gets it again.

He missed too many games this season to get it.

(Image removed from quote.)

I don't know about you guys but I think that's pretty hot.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #364: September 01, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
I can't freaking stand Baseball Tonight and ESPN.

They were showing the Nats/Phils highlights and the stupid ass analysts were silent the entire time while Steve Berthiaume gave the highlights. Any other the time the analysts like Kruk and Eric Davis comment on the game. I don't get the hate. What do these guys have against the Nats? I bet they were pissed that they had to mention us at all. Berthiaume sounded like he was getting his teeth pulled when he gave the Nats highlights.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #365: September 01, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
Who cares, we won the game. Media recognition means absolutely nothing.

OT: one of my dogs just got sprayed by a freaking skunk.  :bang:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #366: September 01, 2008, 11:22:58 PM »
Who cares, we won the game. Media recognition means absolutely nothing.

OT: one of my dogs just got sprayed by a freaking skunk.  :bang:
Wtf? Are you serious? Did you let the dog back in your house? :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #367: September 01, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »
I had no choice. I am not going to let him stay outside all night. I used a peroxide solution mixed with baking soda and that crap for washing dishes and it was pretty effective. However, the smell in the house is nauseous. I feel like I'm being forced to stare at a picture of Debbi Taylor. I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the smell. I probably won't sleep tonight. Pretty good college football game on right now.

« Reply #368: September 01, 2008, 11:30:30 PM »
So no classic dousing the pooch in tomato paste?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #369: September 01, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »
I had no choice. I am not going to let him stay outside all night. I used a peroxide solution mixed with baking soda and that crap for washing dishes and it was pretty effective. However, the smell in the house is nauseous. I feel like I'm being forced to stare at a picture of Debbi Taylor. (Image removed from quote.) I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the smell. I probably won't sleep tonight. Pretty good college football game on right now.
Yeah, this game kicks ass. Hope the Bruins pull it out.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #370: September 01, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »
So no classic dousing the pooch in tomato paste?

I have heard of that but I'm not sure that's effective. I think I saw that on Mythbusters. I did have a can of tomato soup ready but then I remembered that my neighbor's dog got sprayed a while back and he gave me the recipe he had used on his dog. I remember thinking to myself "Why is this moron giving me this crap!" :? I should probably thank that dude now because that hist worked. My dog doesn't smell anymore but there is still a stench in my house even though I've sprayed a ton crap around. I'm thinking about making a pot of coffee to see if that helps. I know coffee is supposed to be powerful in masking scents.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #371: September 01, 2008, 11:44:19 PM »
Damn, what a game, what a game. The Vols have a FG attempt to send it into OT...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #372: September 01, 2008, 11:44:57 PM »
The Vols should've won this running away.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #373: September 01, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »
holy freaking crap. The kid nails the kick right down the pipes. OT! What a freaking game.

« Reply #374: September 01, 2008, 11:47:18 PM »
I have heard of that but I'm not sure that's effective. I think I saw that on Mythbusters. I did have a can of tomato soup ready but then I remembered that my neighbor's dog got sprayed a while back and he gave me the recipe he had used on his dog. I remember thinking to myself "Why is this moron giving me this crap!" :? I should probably thank that dude now because that hist worked. My dog doesn't smell anymore but there is still a stench in my house even though I've sprayed a ton crap around. I'm thinking about making a pot of coffee to see if that helps. I know coffee is supposed to be powerful in masking scents.

F'N Mythbusters. They ruined my hopes of surviving an elevator plummet by jumping up in the air before impact. That is 100% false and now I am scared of elevators.