Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2 (L)  (Read 5882 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Positive #1:  We are great hosts.  So good in fact, we give the visiting team 3 or more runs to start the game and welcome them.

Oh, yes, that's gonna win a lot of games... For the other teams....

Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Positive #2:  We have such great players and prospects all the time, we allow a small team like the AAA Marlins to win every now and then.  You know, let the little guys have some fun.  Ever see the movie Benchwarmers?

Well, the AAA Marlins are supposed to beat the AA Nationals. The only good news about tonight's game, is that the Nats will be playing another AA team on the weekend, when the Pirates come to town...

Nationalzfanatic88

it seems no one else wants to admit that my positive is a GREAT ONE!!

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
THe Pirates are starting a pitcher who has a 7.53 ERA tomorrow night.  I smell 2 hit CG shutout.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
The main positive to our poor play is that the new owners get to see how some players really are like, for example LIVO AND GUILLEN REALLY SUCK. Imagine if the owners came to power in june of last year, they would have probably signed Livo and Guillen to lucrative multi-year deals. so I say let them play poorly this way we weed out the HORRIBLE players

Heck, a blind man could do that now... And so could his blind seeing eye dog...

Nationalzfanatic88

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
The main positive to our poor play is that the new owners get to see how some players really are like, for example LIVO AND GUILLEN REALLY SUCK. Imagine if the owners came to power in june of last year, they would have probably signed Livo and Guillen to lucrative multi-year deals. so I say let them play poorly this way we weed out the HORRIBLE players

Heck, a blind man could do that now... And so could his blind seeing eye dog...

just admit it, grandpa, i made an excellent point.. :lol:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan

Actually it's a very STUPID point, the experts have been saying since LAST YEAR this team stinks. Only an idiot (the Nats have 2 in Jimbo and Frank) would allow his team to continue to play this bad with the EXCUSE that they are EVALUATING the team in order to weed out the bad players...

Nationalzfanatic88

Actually it's a very STUPID point, the experts have been saying since LAST YEAR this team stinks. Only an idiot (the Nats have 2 in Jimbo and Frank) would allow his team to continue to play this bad with the EXCUSE that they are EVALUATING the team in order to weed out the bad players...

w/e  8)

I get the overall feeling this game is the one that will be breaking the horse's back for most fans.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
w/e  8)

Oh, what an articulate rebuttal. I am so impressed

Nationalzfanatic88

w/e  8)

Oh, what an articulate rebuttal. I am so impressed

I'm sorry I'm not the one who had to shout at someone more than half my age just to try and get a point across 8)

Offline nats2playoffs

There is an old saying:
When you hit rock bottom, you can only go up.

But when you are at the bottom of the ocean,
You stay there.
It then becomes a salvage operation

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I'm sorry I'm not the one who had to shout at someone more than half my age just to try and get a point across 8)

Well, I'm so very sorry... But since I'm a grandpa, and like many grandpas, our voices tend to go up and down when we talk to children...

Nationalzfanatic88

Well, I'm so very sorry... But since I'm a grandpa, and like many grandpas, our voices tend to go up and down when we talk to children...

...children eh!! ok, w/e floats ur boat  8)

you do realize that our bickering is simply a result of our aggression toward the Nats...I still LUV u buddy!!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Cool it guys

Bang, zoom, we lose our 20th.

Nationalzfanatic88

Quote from: "The Chief"
Cool it guys

Bang, zoom, we lose our 20th.

really is it over already??

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Yep, it's over.

Offline nats2playoffs

There ARE two positives:
1. It's now OVER.
2. It's NOT a double-header.

Nationalzfanatic88

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
There ARE two positives:
1. It's now OVER.
2. It's NOT a double-header.
(Image removed from quote.)

ur just having WAY too much fun with those smilies

Offline nats2playoffs

And a 3rd positive: I can't see the game.  I have Comcast so I heard it on the radio.
They just said Livan has given up 17 runs in the first inning for his last 4 starts.
He's trying to make it up on the volume...

Offline Jayman77

Wow, it's a good thing I went out to eat for my birthday tonight and missed this debacle.  11-3?  Despicable.

But I did get an iPod Nano!

Thing is, I probably got something Nats related as a gift from my parents.  Joy!

Nationalzfanatic88

Quote from: "Jayman77"
Wow, it's a good thing I went out to eat for my birthday tonight and missed this debacle.  11-3?  Despicable.

Thing is, I probably got something Nats related as a gift from my parents.  Joy!

omg....UR the METAL guy....im so sorry nats2playoffs i was making all those Speizo and Metal jokes thinking u were jayman... i feel like a dumbass :oops: ..see jayman y'd u have to go and change ur south park image??

Offline nats2playoffs

[quote
omg....UR the METAL guy....im so sorry nats2playoffs i was making all those Speizo and Metal jokes thinking u were jayman... i feel like a dumbass :oops: ..see jayman y'd u have to go and change ur south park image??

I didn't get the jokes - I thought Speizo was the Mets' 3rd baseman or something.  I saw That 70s Show, My Name is Earl, and The Office while listening to the game.  1-9 at home: only smileys stop the pain.  

Offline Jayman77

Quote from: "Jayman77"

Because I wanted a Nationals-related logo.  I'm still the metal guy, though.