Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103620 times)

Offline Dixon Ward

The old SportsCenter ads (late 90's) were the best.

love this one (sabres fan)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I hate the Dirty Jobs guy. He is in three different commercials...

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
ON the radio I hate those Sunny D er.  Subway "feeling a Sunny Day" commercials. The first time I heard it some six months back or whenever they first played them I thought it was an ad for Sunny De-Light the Orange Drink until I heard them say Subway a few seconds later. It still sounds like they start off by saying "I feel like a Sunny D."

As far as TV commercials I like the Subway commercials with the kids voiced dubbed in for the adults eating the sandwiches. They sound awful on the radio and I hate hearing the radio versions but seeing the TV commercials gets a chuckle the first time.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The Obama political ads airing on MASN all the time now.  Don't get me wrong, I'd hate Romney ones equally. Get out of my face, politicos.

Offline HalfSmokes

Political adds should be in full force soon- same stupid housewife narrator starting off 'did you know' while her idiot frien nods earnestly

Offline GburgNatsFan

Political adds should be in full force soon- same stupid housewife narrator starting off 'did you know' while her idiot frien nods earnestly

Offline 1995hoo

I'd rather endure political ads on TV than have to endure the never-ending barrage of hang-up calls night after night. We don't answer them, of course, but that doesn't reduce the annoyance of hearing it ringing followed by no message.

Offline wvuwhat

The Taco Bell commercial where the guy is sitting in the seats and a HR ball is coming towards him.  Talking about if "you're nachos only took up one hand..."  Name me one stadium that either has a Taco Bell in the stadium or allows outside food into the stadium?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Name me one stadium that...allows outside food into the stadium?

Nationals Park?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Nationals Park?

I think the only thing you can't bring in is booze and sodas. I've been able to get everything else in - which is awesome for anyone on a budget or who doesn't really care for baseball food fare.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The Obama political ads airing on MASN all the time now.  Don't get me wrong, I'd hate Romney ones equally. Get out of my face, politicos.

What scares the hell out of me is WE'RE the target audience.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'd rather endure political ads on TV than have to endure the never-ending barrage of hang-up calls night after night. We don't answer them, of course, but that doesn't reduce the annoyance of hearing it ringing followed by no message.

I turn the ringer off and only check my messages once (after work).    I have a cell phone that I only check once a day (5 AM).   That's it.

Offline adam3313

I can't remember if it plays during Nats games, but I'm pretty sure it has.

The AT&T commercial with the couple driving cross-country, and playing songs to match where they are on their phone.

They go from Cali, to Colorado, to TX, to NEW ORLEANS?!?!? then to NYC. 

Who drives down to New Orleans on their way to NYC.  Furthermore, who would drive down to TX?  That commercial annoys me.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Right. Sealed commercial plastic bottles of water, and any personal serving of food is fine. Which truly is awesome.
I think the only thing you can't bring in is booze and sodas. I've been able to get everything else in - which is awesome for anyone on a budget or who doesn't really care for baseball food fare.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards

That is an annoyance, but that is what answering machines are for. :D Most of the "messages" I get on my answering machine when I'm out at work are these type of no message calls often with the annoying phone company message w/the tone and the "operator" saying "If you'd like to place a call please hang up and try again." repeating ad nauseum until the message time is up. I've gotten into the habit of hitting the delete button about 2 seconds after pressing the play message button. As soon as I hear it's a non-message "delete".

I even have The Who's "Who Are You?" (from the CSI opening credits cut) as my answering message. Can't these robocall idiots take the hint? Oh yeah they can't they are Robocalls that hang up as soon as the click of an answering machine turns on.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards

I wonder if anyone has tried bringing in vodka in water bottles?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Just as someone that works with robocalls, what usually happens is they have your number from either something you have been participating in (for example, a health study that you have participated in the past, we've sent you a form and not received it back, etc.) and the numbers get loaded in with your time zone based on your area code. Usually what happens is they call you at three different times during reasonable daytime/evening hours until they either get a pick up, or an answering machine. Our usual protocal is after three robo attempts we give up and either put you in tracing or enter something that stops the expectation in the system. As annoying as I know they can be from personal experience, they are a really economical way for people to either get reminders or respond to a survey if that's what the intent of the robocall is.

Sorry to everyone out there that rightfully finds them annoying, obviously some are not always for great reasons, but sometimes they are.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I think our answering machine is old, but it can't detect some hang ups, so we get a 45 second dial tone message. :(

That is an annoyance, but that is what answering machines are for. :D Most of the "messages" I get on my answering machine when I'm out at work are these type of no message calls often with the annoying phone company message w/the tone and the "operator" saying "If you'd like to place a call please hang up and try again." repeating ad nauseum until the message time is up. I've gotten into the habit of hitting the delete button about 2 seconds after pressing the play message button. As soon as I hear it's a non-message "delete".

I even have The Who's "Who Are You?" (from the CSI opening credits cut) as my answering message. Can't these robocall idiots take the hint? Oh yeah they can't they are Robocalls that hang up as soon as the click of an answering machine turns on.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I wonder if anyone has tried bringing in vodka in water bottles?

I have. Results were satisfying.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
I think our answering machine is old, but it can't detect some hang ups, so we get a 45 second dial tone message. :(

I think mine detects actual hang-ups but if something is automated it doesn't

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Just as someone that works with robocalls, what usually happens is they have your number from either something you have been participating in (for example, a health study that you have participated in the past, we've sent you a form and not received it back, etc.) and the numbers get loaded in with your time zone based on your area code. Usually what happens is they call you at three different times during reasonable daytime/evening hours until they either get a pick up, or an answering machine. Our usual protocal is after three robo attempts we give up and either put you in tracing or enter something that stops the expectation in the system. As annoying as I know they can be from personal experience, they are a really economical way for people to either get reminders or respond to a survey if that's what the intent of the robocall is.

Sorry to everyone out there that rightfully finds them annoying, obviously some are not always for great reasons, but sometimes they are.

I have rarely participated in surveys or studies and none that I know of from my current number that I've have for 4 years. Must be some of those "non response" mailings or things from much longer than my move 4 years ago.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Getting back on TOPIC (sorry for the derailment)

The Taco Bell commercial where the guy is sitting in the seats and a HR ball is coming towards him.  Talking about if "you're nachos only took up one hand..."  Name me one stadium that either has a Taco Bell in the stadium or allows outside food into the stadium?

Didn't like that one when I first saw it still don't like it. Maybe it's because they show an Angels batter hitting the ball.  :lol:

Offline HalfSmokes

Nothing about that commercial makes me want taco bell

Offline GburgNatsFan

The Infiniti commercial where that over-privileged couple find themselves in a grand prix race and ask for directions.

Offline hammondsnats

i think every commercial nowadays is awful.