Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 88838 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Video Games
« Reply #100: August 14, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
is this game really this easy?

I hadn't played Madden in a few years so I started my first game (WSH vs SF) on Pro mode but was quickly up 14-0 so I switched to All-Pro mode. I then drove easily down the field to go up 21-0 and then I picked a ball off with D. Hall for 6 to go up 4 touchdowns in the first half. :lmao:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #101: August 14, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
is this game really this easy?

I hadn't played Madden in a few years so I started my first game (WSH vs SF) on Pro mode but was quickly up 14-0 so I switched to All-Pro mode. I then drove easily down the field to go up 21-0 and then I picked a ball off with D. Hall for 6 to go up 4 touchdowns in the first half. :lmao:

Yeah, it's always been pretty easy on PS2. Just play a few games on All-Pro, and if you're still dominating, switch to All-Madden.

You are playing SF, so you should be whooping them.

I decided not to buy the game for 360. I played it in the store a couple of times. Wasn't impressed.

Online blue911

« Reply #102: August 14, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »
PS2?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #103: August 14, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »
that's bush!  xbox360 FTMFW!!!

This.

I actually have a ps3 and a 360, but I prefer the 360 for sports games.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #104: August 17, 2009, 10:30:10 PM »
The Madden test in '10 is a joke.  On the rushing test, it shows you what buttons to press.  Even worse is the pass defense test.

I literally just sat there, didn't press any buttons or move the player, and nearly every pass was incomplete.  I was ranked all madden without doing ANYTHING.

I also laughed when Collinsworth said "We've seen him do this time and time again over the years" when referring to Joe Flacco :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #105: August 17, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »
the game was easy when I first started but now it's kicking my ass.

I started a franchise with the Skins and was playing against the Bucs this afternoon. I threw like 4 picks in the first 3 quarters and got pissed off and turned the crap off after being down like 20-7. :lmao:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #106: August 17, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »

I started a franchise with the Skins and was playing against the Bucs this afternoon. I threw like 4 picks in the first 3 quarters and got pissed off and turned the crap off after being down like 20-7. :lmao:

You didn't even try to come back? That's weak.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #107: August 17, 2009, 10:46:37 PM »

In my Steelers franchise I was down 7 or 3 points in three straight games with 3 minutes left. Big Ben led me back all three times. Seems pretty realistic.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #108: August 17, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »

What difficulty are you playing on?  Isn't it supposed to adapt to your abilities?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #109: August 17, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
What difficulty are you playing on?  Isn't it supposed to adapt to your abilities?

That bullcrap doesn't work like you think. Just google "Madden 10 sliders" and you'll find plenty of settings that make the game play realistic, challenging, and like the NFL (as much as it can, there are boatloads of problems with statistics, gameplay, and the overall game, like usual).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #110: August 17, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
You didn't even try to come back? That's weak.
I got sick of throwing picks. it was ridiculous. the passes looked okay. like I would throw a nice lob  touch pass and this guy that was way in front of where I was throwing it would jump way up in the air and pick it off.

All Pro. I've gone like 2-3 in that mode. Portis went down during week 1 so that kind of hurt me because I like to run the ball a lot.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #111: August 17, 2009, 11:07:29 PM »
I can't run for crap.  Actually I can't pass or kick for crap.  But I have fun so w/e.  I usually play on pro so it is easier.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #112: August 18, 2009, 07:53:30 PM »
Sony reduced the price for the PlayStation 3 $100 to $299 for the 80 GB model to make way for the PS3 Slim that will be $299 for 120 GB.  It will be released on Sept 1.  I'm not sure why you would pay the same price for the current one when you can wait for a few days and get a smaller more energy efficient model with more storage.

No PS2 backwards compatibility is kind of a bummer, I have that with my old 60 GB model, but I was thinking of getting a Slim for the bedroom primarily as a Blu Ray player / media center machine.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #113: August 18, 2009, 11:10:15 PM »
Online Franchises in Madden are awesome

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #114: August 19, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »
Online Franchises in Madden are awesome

Well yea, except for the fact that they have 1/2 the features normal franchises do. It's arguably the most half-assed feature in Madden to date (and that's saying something). Still, I'm amazed they even put it in, and am looking forward to actual online franchises in Madden 11.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #115: August 19, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
Well yea, except for the fact that they have 1/2 the features normal franchises do. It's arguably the most half-assed feature in Madden to date (and that's saying something). Still, I'm amazed they even put it in, and am looking forward to actual online franchises in Madden 11.

Well, as a hardcore online league player, I think this is better than what it was last year and even better than MLB 2k's league modes. It gives it a more real take with college player drafts at the end of each year. I dont mind it one bit.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #116: August 19, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »
Well, as a hardcore online league player, I think this is better than what it was last year and even better than MLB 2k's league modes. It gives it a more real take with college player drafts at the end of each year. I dont mind it one bit.

if you're an online league player, it fits perfectly

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #117: August 23, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
I've decided that I'm going to go back to playing World of Warcraft when the new expansion, Cataclysm, comes out next year.

They just released a bunch of info about it, and it completely rocks my socks....

Worgen FTMFW.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #118: August 24, 2009, 01:35:47 AM »
I've decided that I'm going to go back to playing World of Warcraft when the new expansion, Cataclysm, comes out next year.

They just released a bunch of info about it, and it completely rocks my socks....

Worgen FTMFW.

haha, as a fellow player, I had the same thoughts. The freakin features sound awesome. I think Ima start playing a bit soon, took a long break. Gonna play with a friend or two when Im not doing crap so I can get to 80 and be ready for the expansion.

Worgens look pimp.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #119: August 24, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »
haha, as a fellow player, I had the same thoughts. The freakin features sound awesome. I think Ima start playing a bit soon, took a long break. Gonna play with a friend or two when Im not doing crap so I can get to 80 and be ready for the expansion.

Worgens look pimp.

eh. my highest character is a level 40-ish Shadow Priest(FaceMelting ftw). I bought the Burning Crusade expansion, but I never got to any of the content there. dunno if I want to play again now(well, when I get myself situated and have regular internet in here), or wait till next year when the expansion hits. i'm pretty sure that everyone playing now is level 80 and doing WoTLK stuff, and I'm two expansions behind. I don't wanna be trying to solo Illidan cause I can't find anyone to play with :rofl:.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #120: August 24, 2009, 09:37:15 AM »

yeah it does. if you kick the computers ass, the AI adapts and gets harder.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #121: August 24, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »
eh. my highest character is a level 40-ish Shadow Priest(FaceMelting ftw). I bought the Burning Crusade expansion, but I never got to any of the content there. dunno if I want to play again now(well, when I get myself situated and have regular internet in here), or wait till next year when the expansion hits. i'm pretty sure that everyone playing now is level 80 and doing WoTLK stuff, and I'm two expansions behind. I don't wanna be trying to solo Illidan cause I can't find anyone to play with :rofl:.

Yea, I know what you mean. I had an 80 warlock cause they're badass. I then quit for sometime and am trying to sell my account for money because I know someone out there will pay 100 bucks for one. I have a new account that I started with a few friends. We did that thing called refer a friend were if your playing with one of their new characters you get 3x the xp so it goes from 1-60 really fast. I assume its really empty in the burning crusade stuff but everything else seems appealing that i'll probably play again to pass up some time.

yeah it does. if you kick the computers ass, the AI adapts and gets harder.

I play that online franchise stuff. If your opponent for that week doesn't show up or that team doesn't have an owner I play the computer. The CPU is All Madden... I played the CPU for the second time yesterday and got my ass handed to me. I was 1-10 on 3rd down conversions.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #122: August 25, 2009, 05:48:55 AM »
I've been playing Fable 2 since Sunday. So far it's alot better than the first one. BTW..I beat Bioshock last week. If you get a chance to play that game..do it.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #123: August 25, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
I've been playing Fable 2 since Sunday. So far it's alot better than the first one. BTW..I beat Bioshock last week. If you get a chance to play that game..do it.

A couple of my friends have been saying to play that game for 2 years now. Is it really that good?

Offline daveb32

« Reply #124: August 25, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »
A couple of my friends have been saying to play that game for 2 years now. Is it really that good?

There is so much stuff to do, it's really out of control. There's a lot of tough achievements that take A LONG time to get. I don't know if I have the patience to play for two years but I think it's certainly doable. It was a fun game, and you can get about half the achievements just by playing through, for all your achievement whores.