Author Topic: Storen in "terrible pain" in Game 5  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Ray D

Re: Storen in "terrible pain" in Game 5
« Reply #25: February 26, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »

There's no evidence Storen said anything to anyone

Probably didn't.  If you're having excruciating back pain, that's hard to hide.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #26: February 26, 2013, 05:08:42 PM »
lol

Offline RL04

« Reply #27: March 05, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
Once again a player tries to play through the pain and hurts the team.

Not just hurt the team, he blew the series.
And Rizzo was quoted as saying he didn't know anything about it.
We lost because of Storen.
Freak him!

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #28: March 05, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
Speaking of Storen, I think it was Mike Stanton on MLB radio this AM who suggested trading him to Detroit for Rick Porcello due to the fact that Young will most likely opt out on March 24.  He says they need a 6th starter as insurance.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #29: March 05, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
Speaking of Storen, I think it was Mike Stanton on MLB radio this AM who suggested trading him to Detroit for Rick Porcello due to the fact that Young will most likely opt out on March 24.  He says they need a 6th starter as insurance.

detroit does need a closer, but we have no real room for porcello at the moment.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #30: March 05, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »
Speaking of Storen, I think it was Mike Stanton on MLB radio this AM who suggested trading him to Detroit for Rick Porcello
I was listening - sometime around 8?   I don't think it was Stanton.  It was "First Pitch" with Jim Memolo and someone else, a player, can't remember his name but not Stanton. Anyway, it was Memolo who suggested that, and the other guy said definitely not. Nats do not have a rotation issue, and the worst think they could do is to mess with the bullpen right now for something that isn't a pressing need.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #31: March 05, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »
I was listening - sometime around 8?   I don't think it was Stanton.  It was "First Pitch" with Jim Memolo and someone else, a player, can't remember his name but not Stanton. Anyway, it was Memolo who suggested that, and the other guy said definitely not. Nats do not have a rotation issue, and the worst think they could do is to mess with the bullpen right now for something that isn't a pressing need.
I heard it just before noon. Stanton was one of the guys, although I don't know for sure if he said it. Anyhow both agreed it would be a good deal. Why, I was not clear on.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #32: March 05, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
I heard it just before noon.
I definitely heard it on the way to work, around 8. So it must have been discussed more than once.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #33: March 05, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
Probably Todd Hollandsworth.