Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Pirates, Game 1 (L)  (Read 9316 times)

Offline esoteric

Quote from: "PC"
Quote from: "The Chief"
Good to see Lopez embracing the Nationals way so quickly with his first error.  Ortiz having a pretty crappy outing tonight, we better start scoring runs by the bucket-load if we expect to win this one.

Which makes the fact that we've left runs on the field all the worse.

Well Vidro didn't leave a run on the field that time!  :lol:

Yes, but note that he continues to hit only when there are no runners in scoring position (or even on base).  Although I suppose it's okay as long as he hits home runs.

Lopez is the worst defensive shortstop in the majors according to one metric, apparently.  Now we see why.  He also failed to get to a ball in the first inning that Clayton would have.  Let's get used to it.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I am always accustomed to good defensive SS (Clayton, Guzman), so when ppl used to say that its good to have a good defensive SS, I used to say, "Well, all of them are big-leaguers, so they can all field about the same."  Now I see the difference.  Oh well, now lets see Lopez hit a few homers, as Clayton never did, as Clayton never hit a HR this year.

Offline nats2playoffs

Bases loaded - all from walks...2 out.
Be a hero Lopez.

Strikes out swinging.  Making friends fast in the clubhouse...

Offline PC

Lopez is 0 for 3 with an error.  What a way to start his Nationals career!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Bases loaded, pitcher falling apart, and yet he goes down swinging at absolute garbage :roll: :doh:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Geez, I leave for an hour and when I come back, they are down by 2 and I see out two newbies aren't doing anything. Maybe they are still pissed at being traded to the Nats.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
4 innings and only 6 balls have made it past the infield...

Offline nats2playoffs

Ortiz, our new "ace," gets his ERA back in his comfort zone of 5.00 by giving up another home run...ARRGGGHH!
Nationals 2
Pirates 4
[/color]

Offline nats2playoffs

Ortiz gives up a pair of doubles and another run...ARRGGGHH!
Nationals 2
Pirates 5
[/color]

Offline UMDNats

Haha, LeCroy got a base hit!
When's the last time he got in a game.

Offline PC

Rally-killer Lopez should have stayed in Cincinnati!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
The Nats placed John Patterson on the 15 day DL retroactive to July 10th.

Even with the call-up of Roy Corcoran, and the Matos signing, they still have an empty spot on their active roster.

Offline UMDNats

Lopez has left bases-loaded 2 times tonite.
But just made a nice play for a DP.

Offline PC

Quote from: "Nats19"

Doesn't make up for the error and 6 LOB!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan

I guess part being a Nats fan means you have to hate newbies before they barely get their feet wet. After all, it's only a new club house, new teammates, new coaches, new atmosphere, the shock of being traded still buzzing in their heads, going from contender to last place overnight...

Offline UMDNats

Not saying it does. Just saying it was a nice play.
Our players really love to KILL their trade value. Ortiz has a terrible outing. He's a guy we could probably move. The saving grace: Vidro and Guillen have had good games, as well as Soriano.

Offline PC

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

I guess part being a Nats fan means you have to hate newbies before they barely get their feet wet. After all, it's only a new club house, new teammates, new coaches, new atmosphere, the shock of being traded still buzzing in their heads, going from contender to last place overnight...

Yes, that's what being a Nats fan means.  :roll:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "Nats19"
Lopez has left bases-loaded 2 times tonite.

So, Zimmerman, NJ and Sori have done that too, it's part of the game

Offline nats2playoffs

Zim scores on a wild pitch.  Felipe REALLY doesn't like being here.
Nationals 3
Pirates 5
[/color]

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

unless they hit a Home Run in their first at-bat.  then they are the greatest thing since sliced wheat bread. (see Wilson, Preston. Watson, Brandon. Harris, Brendan.)

Willie Mays Hayes 00

we are losing to the bucs. I guess im dillusional, and think we are that much better than the pirates.  :x

Offline sportsfan882

I just wish we had a competent manager.  Why is Nick hitting 5th and Vidro hitting 3rd??  Also, why did Zimmerman move down to 6th?  And why hasn't Saul been sent down yet?  He is horrible.  He throws two pitches, a fastball and a slider, he's so predictable and hittable.  I am also praying that we get rid of Ortiz.  I think he has a peanut for a brain.  He is a thrower, not a pitcher.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
I just wish we had a competent manager.  Why is Nick hitting 5th and Vidro hitting 3rd??  Also, why did Zimmerman move down to 6th?  

I dunno. maybe Frank needs to hire me to make his lineups for him.

Zimmerman at 6th sounds about right though, with the players we now have.

Lopez
Vidro
Johnson
Soriano
Kearns
Zimmerman
Guillen
Schneider

Offline sportsfan882

I find it funny how we play against these players who are awful against other teams but are stars against us (Khalil Greene, Adrian Gonzalez, Bautista, Jack Wilson, etc.)  Embarrassing.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I wonder who the Nats are gonna call up after the game, because right now, they have only 9 pitchers on their roster. I hope it's someone really young, just to piss Frank off...