Author Topic: Magic Number: Angelos can suck it and like it  (Read 27674 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Giants and Reds win today, why does it seem like the Nats are the only one of the first place teams that ever losses a game?

:shrug:

Probably because you watch them every day.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Not quite yet, but getting awful close.

Another win, another mini celebration. Still work to do.

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
Not quite yet, but getting awful close.

The Braves are forcing us to win each game to bring down the magic number, but I think we can do it.
Funny thing is that I was worried about the last three games being the Phillies. After this past series, now
I feel relieved.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i really hoped they could clinch at home, but i'm not going to complain wherever theyc linch.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If we don't clinch in St. Louis it might be nice to clinch at home next Monday. Heading over to the SSS thread to post this.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I posted this on the funny images thread but thought it would be more appropriate here.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I posted this on the funny images thread but thought it would be more appropriate here.

Easy to say now but about 35 hours ago as we headed into the ninth looking at a three game lead with seven left I was getting just a little bit afeared.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

Three is a magic number,
Yes it is, it's a magic number.
Somewhere in the ancient, mystic trinity
You get three as a magic number.

The past and the present and the future.
Faith and Hope and Charity,
The heart and the brain and the body
Give you three as a magic number.

It takes three legs to make a tri-pod
Or to make a table stand.
It takes three wheels to make a ve-hicle
Called a tricycle.

Every triangle has three corners,
Every triangle has three sides,
No more, no less.
You don't have to guess.
When it's three you can see
It's a magic number.

A man and a woman had a little baby,
Yes, they did.
They had three in the family,
And that's a magic number.

3-6-9, 12-15-18, 21-24-27, 30.
3-6-9, 12-15-18, 21-24-27, 30. *
Multiply backwards from three times ten:

Three time ten is (30), three times nine is (27),
Three times eight is (24), three times seven is (21),
Three times six is (18), three times five is (15),
Three times four is twelve,
And three times three is nine, and three times two is six,
And three times one is three of course.

Now take the pattern once more:
Three! . . .3-6-9
Twelve! . . .12-15-18
Twenty-one!. . .21-24-27. . .30

Now multiply from 10 backwards:
Three time ten is (30 - Keep going), three times nine is (27),
Three times eight is (24), three times seven is (21),
Three times six is (18), three times five is (15),
Three times four is twelve,
And three times three is nine, and three times two is six,
And three times one...
What is it?!
Three!
Yeah, That's a magic number.

A man and a woman had a little baby.
Yes, they did.
They had three in the family.
That's a magic number.

Offline imref

i'm thinking more of "oh oh it's magic, you know....have to believe....."

now that song will be stuck in your head the rest of the day.

But then again, "could this be magic, or could this be love....could this turn tragic, you know that magic often does....and I see lonely ships are on the water, better save the women and children first, sail away with someone's daughter, better save the women and children first,"  edward....

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
i'm thinking more of "oh oh it's magic, you know....have to believe....."

now that song will be stuck in your head the rest of the day.

But then again, "could this be magic, or could this be love....could this turn tragic, you know that magic often does....and I see lonely ships are on the water, better save the women and children first, sail away with someone's daughter, better save the women and children first,"  edward....

Dude, GTFOHWTBS.  There is no more appropriate song TODAY than "Three is a Magic Number."  You can have your generic magic songs on any other day when the magic number is not THREE.

Schoolhouse Rock FTMFW.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards

Love it.

Offline imref

Dude, GTFOHWTBS.  There is no more appropriate song TODAY than "Three is a Magic Number."  You can have your generic magic songs on any other day when the magic number is not THREE.

Schoolhouse Rock FTMFW.

I do look forward to hearing Creed's "One" in 2 more days....

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Back that azz up.

Offline imref

we can clinch the division tomorrow.

Offline Hogie

DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I do look forward to hearing Creed's "One" in 2 more days....

I've never looked forward to hear creed ever.

I think this team is going to back into the postseason via two more Braves losses. I'm worried about the NLDS.

Here's the song for 6

Since there are 6 games left as of this posting.

Offline Coladar

Damn does tonight's loss hurt. The blowout, no biggie. But it is maddening that we have had the best record in the NL for what feels like most of the season, the best record in baseball for months. And now, five days left, the Reds catch up to us. I'm not even sure it'd be horrible having the number two spot.

Scratch that. We need the number two spot. I think Atlanta is a shoe in for the one game wild card. 5-1 against the Giants or 10-8 against Braves? I'm sure its been discussed endlessly already, which team we'd rather face etc.

But damn it, I'm greedy. #1 means potential for more home games than #2. I've waited 8 years for this, 28 years of my life, the franchise has waited nearly 50 years (strike shortened seasons mean asterisks, mean crap to me.) And the city nearly 80. We deserve every single home playoff game we can get. Win the WS, go 5 games and 7 and 7. 10 home games to go insane.

In other words, screw the Reds and their no hitter. First seed, annihilate the Braves in five, destroy the Reds in seven, kill the Orioles in the WS with seven "home" games. I'm a greedy muthaf'er.

Online Mattionals

Well the way I see it is that the Reds have to play StL after they are done beating up on the Pirates.  The Nats need strong starts from Zimmermann tommorrow and hopefully Det on Sunday.  I think that Davey holds Wang until the series against the Phillies and Gio gets one last start, maybe the last game of the year depending on the post season picture.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

I've never looked forward to hear creed ever.

Shocking!  :lmao:

Offline monkeyhit

Well the way I see it is that the Reds have to play StL after they are done beating up on the Pirates.  The Nats need strong starts from Zimmermann tommorrow and hopefully Det on Sunday. I think that Davey holds Wang until the series against the Phillies and Gio gets one last start, maybe the last game of the year depending on the post season picture.

So who pitches Sunday if not Wang?

Offline zoom

I believe i read a Kilgore tweet stating Det has been penciled in for Sunday all along.  Davey was not sure where the Wang starting on Sunday started.

Offline PC

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Reds lose, putting us just a bit closer to the one seed. I don't know about you guys but Wed, Thurs and Fri is a lot better than Tue, Wed, and Thurs for me.

Giants are losing which would put us at home in round one assuming we hold off the Braves.