Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171488 times)

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #175: January 19, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »
NATSCSMGR they can't possibly pay you enough to make you come here and read our bickering thoughts!

Thanks for the answers you've provided!

I heartily agree, it's nice to have a rep that hasn't run away screaming. Appreciate you checking in.

So...while we're asking questions again....any news about Fanfest this year?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #176: January 19, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
Thanks for your question! There are many new improvements that are currently underway at the ballpark and we are currently looking at several different options regarding that space. Nothing I can talk about at this time, (Sorry) but hopefully I'll be able to share some new and exciting news in the next few weeks!

thanks!

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #177: January 19, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
Thanks for your question! There are many new improvements that are currently underway at the ballpark and we are currently looking at several different options regarding that space. Nothing I can talk about at this time, (Sorry) but hopefully I'll be able to share some new and exciting news in the next few weeks!

Are you building a secret weapons facility? What's with the secrecy? Should we just wait til opening day and see for ourselves?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #178: January 19, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
Are you building a secret weapons facility? What's with the secrecy? Should we just wait til opening day and see for ourselves?

He/she's from customer service, not public affairs, only the press people get to release big announcements, he/she gets to handle the customer complaints

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #179: January 19, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »

HA! To answer your questions; Ummmmm no,. not that I'm aware of!  #2: Sworn to secrecy! #3 Not necessarily, but I don’t produce Press Releases, so unfortunately you’ll have to wait!   8)

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #180: January 19, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »
He/she's from customer service, not public affairs, only the press people get to release big announcements, he/she gets to handle the customer complaints

Thank you, you are correct! Thankfully there aren't too many on this board! (And for the record, I'm a man....)

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #181: January 19, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »
I heartily agree, it's nice to have a rep that hasn't run away screaming. Appreciate you checking in.

So...while we're asking questions again....any news about Fanfest this year?

Thats a good question! I'll walk down to the Marketing Department tomorrow and see what I can find out! If I find out anything interesting I'll post it right away! As far as "running away" from the board, only time will tell! Haha!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #182: January 19, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
You're CS!  YOU CAN TAKE IT!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #183: January 19, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »
Why does it have to be one or the other?  Fireworks + subhorn is the way to go!

Your finest post, sir!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #184: January 19, 2012, 07:46:33 PM »

taking away the video games was a huge plus in my book

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #185: January 22, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »
Why did they get rid of the fireworks in the first place? Was it just to try the subhorn out? Money? Or was there complaints about the fireworks? Either way, I agree entirely, subhorn + fireworks would be real nice!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #186: January 22, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the locals complained about the noise.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #187: January 22, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »
The maroons that moved into to the neighborhood complained.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #188: January 22, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
I'd like to see fireworks on Friday nights. Otherwise, I don't care about them, really.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #189: January 22, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
Miscellaneous chatter moved to a separate thread to try to keep this thread as on-topic as possible for our guest.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25603.0

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #190: January 24, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »
Why stop there, how about free beer too?

FIREWORKS UPDATE:
It sounds like there will be several Fireworks Fridays this season, but sadly "Free Beer Night at the Park" didnt make the cut...  8)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #191: January 24, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »
Looks like the Chief (Cordero in this case) would like to throw out the first pitch at a Nats game this year.  Any chance the team makes this happen?  Sure would be nice to have him be the first of the new Nats to have a night in dedicated in his honor.

Another thing, how about painting over one of those columns that are inexplicably decorated with other team's stars with a picture of Chad?

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2012/01/hail-to-the-chief-chad-cordero-returning-to-dc-area-this-summer.html#comments

Offline PANatsFan

Re: Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #192: January 24, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
FIREWORKS UPDATE:
It sounds like there will be several Fireworks Fridays this season, but sadly "Free Beer Night at the Park" didnt make the cut...  8)

awesome post!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #193: January 24, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
Looks like the Chief (Cordero in this case) would like to throw out the first pitch at a Nats game this year.  Any chance the team makes this happen?  Sure would be nice to have him be the first of the new Nats to have a night in dedicated in his honor.

Another thing, how about painting over one of those columns that are inexplicably decorated with other team's stars with a picture of Chad?

http://www.natsenquirer.com/2012/01/hail-to-the-chief-chad-cordero-returning-to-dc-area-this-summer.html#comments

Hooray, Chad's going to be a dad again!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #194: January 25, 2012, 07:36:36 AM »
Hispanic night would be a good night to do it.  Speaking of which (& probly should start a thread outside this one; whats going on with Pudge and Livo?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #195: January 25, 2012, 10:26:53 AM »
Does the team have an official Twitter hashtag?  Based on a review of the six Twitter accounts associated with the team that I'm aware of there is no consistency on whether #Nats or #Nationals is used.  This leads to mixed use by the local and national media.  I have the #Nats search bookmarked as it seems to get the most use, but that means I miss stuff posted using #Nationals.  In both cases there is often a good deal of concurrent usage of the tags, #nationals gets used quite often for a week at a time when there are national competitions, and #nats is a tweebonics term.  I'd suggest creating a new official hashtag for use by the team's accounts and suggested for use by the media and fans, something that would be unique for the team such as #NatsBB, #DCNats, or even #Nats69.

Official Team Accounts:
@Nationals - mostly #Nats one #Nationals
@NatMobile - neither
@ScreechtheEagle - a mix of both
@NationalsPR - a mix of both
@NatsTix - #Nats
@Teddy26Nats - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

Media Accounts:
@MASNNationals - mostly #Nationals some #Nats
@NatsJournal - a mix of both
@MarkZuckerman - mostly #Nats some #Nationals

The @Nationals account has started using the # District9 hash tag which sounds good except that it has already been taken by a scifi movie, can you remind the PR staff that the whole purpose of a hash tag is that it is supposed to be unique?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #196: January 25, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »
There is some talk in Florida of turning publicly funded ballparks and arenas into homeless shelters on non game nights.  Since the city has been kind enough to provide such a nice ballpark for the Nats, has there been any discussion of making Nats Park available to the less fortunate on nights when the team isn't playing at home?  Certainly would be a nice gesture in the cold winter while the ballpark sits unused.

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/florida-law-turn-ballparks-homeless-shelters-151458504.html

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #197: February 04, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
Split off seating and vantage point questions to a separate thread, this thread is really for questions to the team rep.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25695.0

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #198: February 04, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Also, a little trick is to go from there up one level if you want Bens without the big line.

True, that section is good if you don't mind walking around a bit.  Another nice thing about that area, if you don't like distractions, is that there aren't man "beer man here" vendors coming through.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #199: February 04, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
Would it be possible to have a "town hall" with Nats Management?