Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118473 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Define Natitude: z-Washington
« Reply #1775: October 04, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »
Custer was a kick ass general in the Civil War.  he was huge at Gettysburg, bottling up the confederate cavalry column trying to do an end run around the Union lines on the last day.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1776: October 04, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
It was tough getting people to join me in a "Stonewall" chant for EJax yesterday.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1777: October 04, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
There's Edwin Jackson, standing like a stonewall!

That's the stonewall you meant, right? 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1778: October 04, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
Custer was a kick ass general in the Civil War.  he was huge at Gettysburg, bottling up the confederate cavalry column trying to do an end run around the Union lines on the last day.

Custer : Civil War :: Maya : Cuba.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1779: October 05, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
@Nationals: Those asking about Wild Card refunds - will be automatically credited to your card approx 1 week after #Nats final game

Offline spit

Re: Define Natitude: Cheap Bastards
« Reply #1780: October 06, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »
going to the nats site now and seeing the video intro is pretty sweet. its good to not feel like a AAAA club.

#natitude

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1781: October 06, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
Has anyone figured out the full policy on refunds vs. credits?

From what I can recall having seen, if you have unused tickets from your playoff strip, they are credited against the 2013 season tickets you had to sign up for in order to get playoff tickets.

If you buy additional tickets for games that end up not occuring, these will be credited back against your credit card?  And if so, I'm going to guess that the fairly hefty fee will NOT be refunded too, right?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1782: October 06, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
here is another:  If you have a half season plan and are paying the tickets in installments over 8 months, you will have been billed already for 3 installments, or 3/8 of your bill for next year.  On 10/10, or the date of the first home game, you will also be billed for your world series tickets.  World series tickets alone are about 50% of the 2013 season balance.  I'm pretty sure that if the team does not make the NLCS, you will have paid more for unplayed playoff games than your balance for 2013.  At that point, will the team refund the excess over the 2013 balance?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1783: October 06, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
here is another:  If you have a half season plan and are paying the tickets in installments over 8 months, you will have been billed already for 3 installments, or 3/8 of your bill for next year.  On 10/10, or the date of the first home game, you will also be billed for your world series tickets.  World series tickets alone are about 50% of the 2013 season balance.  I'm pretty sure that if the team does not make the NLCS, you will have paid more for unplayed playoff games than your balance for 2013.  At that point, will the team refund the excess over the 2013 balance?

The written policy in mailings and on the Web site is no refunds whatsoever, credit will only be applied to 2013 ticket plans. I was told by a rep that they would refund any extra money over the renewal cost, but I requested that she put that policy in an email and received no response. My guess is that the team will send out refunds but like the Stinger, I don't believe that the Lerner family is credit worthy, which is why I passed on my strips and I'm buying individual game tickets.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #1784: October 06, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
Barriers to cross this year:
Have first winning season (check)
Make first playoffs (check)
Win first NL East title (check)
Win first playoff game
Win first playoff series
Win first pennant
Win first World Series

Like clockwork :)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude: MLB TV for game 3
« Reply #1785: October 09, 2012, 07:16:20 AM »
For people who aren't going to the game tomorrow and don't have the MLB Network I'd start figuring out which local bars will be showing the game. Guarantee that 90% of the local bar managers don't even know the channel number even in cases where they get the network.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1786: October 09, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
I'm surprised that there isn't more uproar over this, there are a ton of Nats fans who will not be watching the game tomorrow. This will hit retirees like my Dad and my wife's grandmother and I'm sure that they have no idea that at 1 pm tomorrow when they try to find the game it won't be there.

Cox Cable has MLB as part of their Bonus Pack, if you don't get digital cable you won't get the Nats game.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1787: October 09, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »

Cox Cable has MLB as part of their Bonus Pack, if you don't get digital cable you won't get the Nats game.

It's about the money.

Offline BCH89

« Reply #1788: October 09, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
MLB.tv is only 4.99 for postseason...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1789: October 09, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
MLB.tv is only 4.99 for postseason...

That would work for my Dad, but Grandma doesn't have the Internet, she was 11 when the Nats last had a playoff home game and that one wasn't available on TV either.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1790: October 09, 2012, 12:13:03 PM »
For people who aren't going to the game tomorrow and don't have the MLB Network I'd start figuring out which local bars will be showing the game. Guarantee that 90% of the local bar managers don't even know the channel number even in cases where they get the network.

...this is one case where having the afternoon fixture helps those who would want to watch it in a bar/pub/restaurant/whatever - no competition (not like trying to get a Caps match on the bar's telly on a late March evening when the college hoop tournaments are on, or for that matter getting baseball on an NFL Sunday).

...and a reason for bar-goers to hope we DON'T get the prime-time fixture Thursday, since that means our match goes up directly against Titans-Steelers.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1791: October 09, 2012, 12:13:31 PM »
I would be more mad if I was "watching" the game at home (I don't have MLB Network), but I'm not. And thankfully I can still turn on the radio and just listen that way.

However, what did they do in years past? MLB Network didn't get games before. Did they show the ALDS and the NLDS on two different channels? I can't imagine they could have stuffed them all into one channel unless they scheduled them perfectly.

Online wj73

« Reply #1792: October 09, 2012, 12:19:57 PM »
Someone just stuck a petition on change.org asking MLB to allow a local TV station to air the game.  Might make people feel better to sign it:  http://www.change.org/petitions/major-league-baseball-show-the-washington-nationals-first-playoff-game-since-1933-on-local-tv

And who knows - sometimes these things do get some results if enough people sign and the publicity gets bad enough. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1793: October 09, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »
...this is one case where having the afternoon fixture helps those who would want to watch it in a bar/pub/restaurant/whatever - no competition (not like trying to get a Caps match on the bar's telly on a late March evening when the college hoop tournaments are on, or for that matter getting baseball on an NFL Sunday).

90 year old grandma isn't watching in a bar, she's going to miss the game. I'm sure that she isn't the only one, but I doubt if MLB or the Nats care since she's only been to one game and is hardly a target demographic.

If you are going to a bar I'd call ahead and have them verify that they get the MLB Network and that they know the channel number.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1794: October 09, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
90 year old grandma isn't watching in a bar, she's going to miss the game. I'm sure that she isn't the only one, but I doubt if MLB or the Nats care since she's only been to one game and is hardly a target demographic.

If you are going to a bar I'd call ahead and have them verify that they get the MLB Network and that they know the channel number.

...in fact that's what I advise people to do anytime something is going up against something that's really popular here (NFL, college hoops etc).

Sadly, marketing has trumped pure sports interest - target demographics (people who would subscribe to a premium-tier sports network, in this case) mean more than simple visibility.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1795: October 09, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
I'm surprised that there isn't more uproar over this, there are a ton of Nats fans who will not be watching the game tomorrow.

I think it's BS, but there isn't much I can do about it, especially on such short notice.

There are probably some people who honestly believe the Nats get completely fair coverage and treatment at all times.  Either that or the folks who always shout down anyone that suggests otherwise are being contrarians purely for the sake of it :hammer:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1796: October 09, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »
I think it's BS, but there isn't much I can do about it, especially on such short notice.

There are probably some people who honestly believe the Nats get completely fair coverage and treatment at all times.  Either that or the folks who always shout down anyone that suggests otherwise are being contrarians purely for the sake of it :hammer:

So far Bog man is the only media guy raising a fuss, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Kind of a Nats fail if half the area doesn't get the game and hardly anyone notices.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1797: October 09, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »
so much for them caring about ratings, day game on a channel most people don't get

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #1798: October 09, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
Ya'll are getting towels and you're gonna like it...and if any of you get more than one and could send me one, I'd be much obliged...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/09/nats-fans-will-get-red-natitude-towels-throughout-nlds/

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1799: October 09, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Ya'll are getting towels and you're gonna like it...and if any of you get more than one and could send me one, I'd be much obliged...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/10/09/nats-fans-will-get-red-natitude-towels-throughout-nlds/

Dammit I'm not going to be there early enough to get those. I don't want to wave it around but I'd still like one.