Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 2  (Read 31289 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Nationals @ Giants, Game 2
« Topic Start: May 12, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
10:15 pm | MASN2 HD | 1500 AM

Washington Nationals (10-20)

P Jordan Zimmermann (2-1)

San Francisco Giants (17-14)

P Mait Cain (3-1)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 2
« Reply #1: May 12, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
I'm not even going to say anything.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2: May 12, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
I'm not even going to say anything.

Fine, I will. 

hammondsnats record for gameday starting threads will be whatever and TWO after tonight's game.  I'm thinking Cain PWNS us.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #3: May 12, 2009, 11:20:02 AM »
Hmmm interesting matchups.

Young inexperienced pitcher vs. young inexperienced lineup.

Veteran, very good pitcher vs. veteran very good lineup.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #4: May 12, 2009, 11:20:32 AM »
Fine, I will. 

hammondsnats record for gameday starting threads will be whatever and TWO after tonight's game.  I'm thinking Cain PWNS us.

haha i'm undefeated.  i think zimmermann will give us a good chance tonight, but cain will pwn our bats.  i'm expecting a loss.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #5: May 12, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
Hmmm interesting matchups.

Young inexperienced pitcher vs. young inexperienced lineup.

Veteran, very good pitcher vs. veteran very good lineup.

true knocking

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #6: May 12, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
Hammondnats only starts threads when Martis and Zimmermann are pitching. If you are so confident in your boy, why don't you risk your streak by starting one during a Daniel Cabrera start.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: May 12, 2009, 11:23:48 AM »
Hammondnats only starts threads when Martis and Zimmermann are pitching. If you are so confident in your boy, why don't you risk your streak by starting one during a Daniel Cabrera start.

we've already addressed this.  i said i thought we were going to win last night and sunday, so i could have two losses, but i had off and more important stuff to do ... threads were already started.  i'm thinking we're going to lose tonight so there, my first loss.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #8: May 12, 2009, 11:26:24 AM »
haha i'm undefeated.  i think zimmermann will give us a good chance tonight, but cain will pwn our bats.  i'm expecting a loss.

I thought you lost one?

Well if we beat matt Cain tonight, I'll vote for you to start EVERY GDT until we lose one.  The streak can't be ignored at this point.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #9: May 12, 2009, 11:29:43 AM »
On pace for 54-108, yay :roll:

Though the way this team plays (horrible start, more typical pace thereafter) they're really more on pace for about 70-92.  Of course that assumes that they can keep playing ~.500 ball or close to it from here onward, which is debatable.

Even if they do, this season is shaping up to be nothing more than a bizarro clone of 2007 :?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #10: May 12, 2009, 11:31:15 AM »
I thought you lost one?

Well if we beat matt Cain tonight, I'll vote for you to start EVERY GDT until we lose one.  The streak can't be ignored at this point.

nope i'm 5-0, but like i said i don't have a good feeling about tonight even though i'm sure JZ will pitch well.  Cain, as AZ said, is one of the more underrated pitchers in all of baseball.  The Giants offense is scrappy, but nowhere as a good as Crab/Kensing made it look last night. 

We really need a win tonight, which would assure us of at worst a .500 record on this road trip.  If we win tonight and tomorrow, we're 5-3 which is a solid road trip, especially for us. 

C'mon JZ, be the stopper. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #11: May 12, 2009, 11:34:30 AM »
freak this organization. We're ran by retards. A real team would make moves. Why the freak aren't we? We won't win crap with what we have currently. This is so freaking pathetic. GET OFF YOUR ASSES LERNERS, RIZZO, MANNY, KASTEN

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: May 12, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
On pace for 54-108, yay :roll:

Though the way this team plays (horrible start, more typical pace thereafter) they're really more on pace for about 70-92.  Of course that assumes that they can keep playing ~.500 ball or close to it from here onward, which is debatable.

Even if they do, this season is shaping up to be nothing more than a bizarro clone of 2007 :?

exactly.  unless we put on some 8-2 stretches or even 6-4 ones, we're destined for another 90 loss season.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #13: May 12, 2009, 11:35:21 AM »
freak this organization. We're ran by retards. A real team would make moves. Why the freak aren't we? We won't win crap with what we have currently. This is so freaking pathetic. GET OFF YOUR ASSES LERNERS, RIZZO, MANNY, KASTEN

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #14: May 12, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
My only hope on the moves front is the fact that we're on the west coast and Rizzo is being nice and letting the losers catch a plane ride home... otherwise we're freaked as an organization if our personnel guy can't tell the difference between a major league type player and a piece of crap.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #15: May 12, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
They aren't going to make any moves while the team is on the west coast.  Best thing would be for us to win the next two games in double-digit fashion so that we win but all our releivers look like the piles of crab that they are.

PS - screw you linty, you beat me to it by 33 seconds :lol:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #16: May 12, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »

you know chief, you are a man with that kind of power where you can eliminate lintyfresh if you know what i mean.  8)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #18: May 12, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
you know chief, you are a man with that kind of power where you can eliminate lintyfresh if you know what i mean.  8)

You may take my life, but you'll never take my FREEDOM...

To post on WNFF.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #19: May 12, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
My only hope on the moves front is the fact that we're on the west coast and Rizzo is being nice and letting the losers catch a plane ride home... otherwise we're freaked as an organization if our personnel guy can't tell the difference between a major league type player and a piece of crap.
They aren't going to make any moves while the team is on the west coast.  Best thing would be for us to win the next two games in double-digit fashion so that we win but all our releivers look like the piles of crab that they are.

I would love for that to be the case but I can't go on to believe this is 100% true. They're going to come back home and everything will be fine and dandy. They'll ignore everything thats happened in the pen this week along with Cabrera and Olsen and it will be a new week. Then the crap will happen all over again.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #20: May 12, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
I would for that to be the case but I can't go on to believe this is 100% true. They're going to come back home and everything will be fine and dandy. They'll ignore everything thats happened in the pen this week along with Cabrera and Olsen and it will be a new week. Then the crap will happen all over again.

yeah i agree with the above posters, if they were to make a move it'd be on thursday when they get back into town.  but olsen needs to go on the DL, he's not healthy and cabrera just needs to get out of town. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #21: May 12, 2009, 11:49:25 AM »
Alright im off to take my exam, this sucks

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #22: May 12, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
Alright im off to take my exam, this sucks

go get 'em tiger.  don't d-cab that test or your ass will be patterson'd.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #23: May 12, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
When you say that... do you mean don't walk the test out of the classroom, or do you mean don't freak it up?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #24: May 12, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »
When you say that... do you mean don't walk the test out of the classroom, or do you mean don't freak it up?

haha d-cab = bomb/suck/self-destruction ... patterson = cut/fail/outta here